• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Union of the Two Towers: Dwight & Horford...why not?

wolvetigers

4 hours ago, wolvetigers said:

Let me first start by saying I'm not a fan of cry baby Howard, nor paying Horford the Max.  But it is time for the Atlanta Hawks to really roll the dice to prove to it's fans and to the league that we are serious about winning a championship....I realize this move puts Milsap coming off the Bench like Iggy in Golden State. Imagine us playing a platoon system, bringing these two back together will bring intense excitement to the media starve Atlanta Hawks, plus if healthy we basically stake our claim to the ECF and maybe then we can give the Cavs a good series. 

PG- Schröder / Jarrett Jack

SG- THJ / Korver

SF- Thabo / Prince / Bembry

PF- Horford / Milsap

C -   Howard / Splitter /Muscala

AND YES WE LET BAZEMORE WALK...and Move Korver to the bench

I don't think you go with that lineup as it leaves offensive voids at 3 positions really.  Plus Sap is the teams best player so not sure there's any scenario where bringing him off the bench makes sense.  But I think I could grow to like the roster.  I'd probably start most games with all three bigs on the floor and then take Al or D12 out first and just rotate around the rest of the game unless matchups dictate a big lineup.  You could easily give each of the 3 30+ min if you wanted to even if they weren't all playing together.  It's not like any of them are young and needing to play 40+ min a game. 

8 minutes ago, Hotlanta1981 said:

What numbers? The numbers that say that Korver struggles to score above14 points these days?

His offense is crap now and he gets shut down most of the time now.

Ahahahahahahahahah 

Please, stop it.

13 minutes ago, MrYellow said:

Ahahahahahahahahah 

Please, stop it.

Stop what? Telling the truth?

Korver is past his prime. He is not starting material unless he is shooting the insane percentages that he was shooting a few years ago. He is no longer doing that and so he goes back to bench where he was for most of his career. He has no ability to get to the basket, and he routinely gets shut down. It's only going to get worse as he gets older.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

• Premium Member
33 minutes ago, Hotlanta1981 said:

Stop what? Telling the truth?

Korver is past his prime. He is not starting material unless he is shooting the insane percentages that he was shooting a few years ago. He is no longer doing that and so he goes back to bench where he was for most of his career. He has no ability to get to the basket, and he routinely gets shut down. It's only going to get worse as he gets older.

I have to agree with this take.  It's time for Korver to be coming off the bench... and if somebody comes along and makes an offer, we have to listen.   With him being in the last year of his contract... though I want to keep him a Hawk, he's no Manu Ginobili so I would strongly consider moving him.   THJr.. time to step it up. 

1 minute ago, Diesel said:

I have to agree with this take.  It's time for Korver to be coming off the bench... and if somebody comes along and makes an offer, we have to listen.   With him being in the last year of his contract... though I want to keep him a Hawk, he's no Manu Ginobili so I would strongly consider moving him.   THJr.. time to step it up. 

I'm not overly eager to trade Korver. I just think he needs a reduced role. Hardaway Jr has yet to prove that he can be counted on. He doesn't shoot all that well.

Edited by Hotlanta1981