• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Union of the Two Towers: Dwight & Horford...why not?

wolvetigers

Let me first start by saying I'm not a fan of cry baby Howard, nor paying Horford the Max.  But it is time for the Atlanta Hawks to really roll the dice to prove to it's fans and to the league that we are serious about winning a championship....I realize this move puts Milsap coming off the Bench like Iggy in Golden State. Imagine us playing a platoon system, bringing these two back together will bring intense excitement to the media starve Atlanta Hawks, plus if healthy we basically stake our claim to the ECF and maybe then we can give the Cavs a good series. 

PG- Schröder / Jarrett Jack

SG- THJ / Korver

SF- Thabo / Prince / Bembry

PF- Horford / Milsap

C -   Howard / Splitter /Muscala

AND YES WE LET BAZEMORE WALK...and Move Korver to the bench

Edited by wolvetigers

1 minute ago, capstone21 said:

in the era of small ball we decide to go big

Ah, c'mon Capricorn.  You know it ain't that simple.  Besides, a good argument could be made that the title was won by a team 'going big'.  OKC 'going big' had them a win away from the Finals.  Big?  Small?  I don't think that's anyone's focus.

It's about compiling talent, creating an identity and playing to that identity while trying to keep the opponent from playing to his identity.

If this strategy gets us to a solid ID, I'm all for it.  The money shouldn't concern anyone anymore.  Everybody's getting paid.

6 minutes ago, MrYellow said:

Why is everyone so focused on sitting Korver?

Can't you read the stats?

The playoffs alone prove Korver should come off the bench as THJ is more athletic  and can create his own shot better than Korver. But in any case if we have this dominant front court, then open 3pt shots will come regardless of who starts at the SG spot. 

• Admin
5 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Ah, c'mon Capricorn.  You know it ain't that simple.  Besides, a good argument could be made that the title was won by a team 'going big'.  OKC 'going big' had them a win away from the Finals.  Big?  Small?  I don't think that's anyone's focus.

It's about compiling talent, creating an identity and playing to that identity while trying to keep the opponent from playing to his identity.

If this strategy gets us to a solid ID, I'm all for it.  The money shouldn't concern anyone anymore.  Everybody's getting paid.

Honestly my biggest worries about Dwight are three fold ... knees  / attitude /  free throws (biggest worry)

His talent is not a question and he is marketable if he can make a comeback from the last few years .. I think he has been humbled a little which is why he is considering us and Charlotte ...

Al /Howard could make an interesting combo with Al playing the mid range game but we will pay a lot of money for a guy who we can't have in there at the end of the game.  He can't hit free throws and that worries me.

Edited by capstone21
  • Like 1

• Admin
Just now, h4wkfan said:

Unless Silva does something about the Hack-A which he said he would look into. That'd be a nice surprise, post signing. 

I want to do away from the hack-a-shaq (and we employed it effectively this season) because it brings the game to a halt and slows it down ... its BORING!!

1 hour ago, wolvetigers said:

Let me first start by saying I'm not a fan of cry baby Howard, nor paying Horford the Max.  But it is time for the Atlanta Hawks to really roll the dice to prove to it's fans and to the league that we are serious about winning a championship....I realize this move puts Milsap coming off the Bench like Iggy in Golden State. Imagine us playing a platoon system, bringing these two back together will bring intense excitement to the media starve Atlanta Hawks, plus if healthy we basically stake our claim to the ECF and maybe then we can give the Cavs a good series. 

PG- Schröder / Jarrett Jack

SG- THJ / Korver

SF- Thabo / Prince / Bembry

PF- Horford / Milsap

C -   Howard / Splitter /Muscala

AND YES WE LET BAZEMORE WALK...and Move Korver to the bench

Why are people trying to bench the teams leading scorer? Do people actually  think Dennis can carry the offensive load? That's a joke.

36 minutes ago, Hotlanta1981 said:

Why are people trying to bench the teams leading scorer? Do people actually  think Dennis can carry the offensive load? That's a joke.

It seems that everyone does not realize here that a Sap and D12 combo would work a whole lot better then D12 and Al.

Just now, RWF said:

Horford going to head to the Thunder to win a ring.

Dwight, Portland would look real good.

Sadly you are probably right. Well not sure it would be a sad thing in the long run really. Blow it up and give Bud some high draft picks to work with and see how things turn out

• Like 1

1 minute ago, IheartFerry said:

Sadly you are probably right. Well not sure it would be a sad thing in the long run really. Blow it up and give Bud some high draft picks to work with and see how things turn out

yep.