• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Blowing things up/tanking not an option

ATLiott

Let's say we don't sign Horford, or Dwight.   Hell, even if we trade Sap.  Bud's system is going to be good enough to win 30 games.  That's not going to get us a top 5 pick. 

People keep talking about this like it's an option.  Tanking will not work with this team.  The culture and system is good enough to prevent them from being bad enough for tanking to actually work.

Sign the best players you can and hope Lebron gets hurt/declines.  That's your best shot.

Yeah, tanking hasn't truly worked since the lottery was formed because of Houston's tank job for Olajuwon. We were out of the playoffs close to a decade last time we started over. I myself would be seventy years old if its that long again and don't want to watch a whole lot of losing in the meantime. Want the Hawks to win every game possible. 

4 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Yeah, tanking hasn't truly worked since the lottery was formed because of Houston's tank job for Olajuwon. We were out of the playoffs close to a decade last time we started over. I myself would be seventy years old if its that long again and don't want to watch a whole lot of losing in the meantime. Want the Hawks to win every game possible. 

If the Hawks decide to go that route after losing Al, I'd much rather they trade Sap for young assets and maybe a lottery pick and then do the best they can.  That way there's not a lot of losing but still some hope for the future.  Sort of like the Boston model.  Heck, if Al agrees to the Max from Boston tonight they should see if they'll do a SNT for some of their assets and maybe the Brooklyn pick next year. 

10 minutes ago, MrYellow said:

I wanna win every possible game.

If that's not enough, I don't care, tanking is for assh*****

Maybe not so eloquently put be I really, really do agree. Win every game we can period!   

Blowing things up rarely works in any sport. Certainly didn't work when the Hawks did it a decade and a half ago. It's the easy way out for ownership, management and fans. Even though there is no proven record of it working consistently, it sounds good and allows for a less pressured environment. That doesn't work for me as a fan. If you have the money, spend it and try to win every game possible, every year. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, ATLiott said:

Let's say we don't sign Horford, or Dwight.   Hell, even if we trade Sap.  Bud's system is going to be good enough to win 30 games.  That's not going to get us a top 5 pick. 

People keep talking about this like it's an option.  Tanking will not work with this team.  The culture and system is good enough to prevent them from being bad enough for tanking to actually work.

Sign the best players you can and hope Lebron gets hurt/declines.  That's your best shot.

Tanking is no guarantee of anything.   With 3 straight #1 picks overall, Cleveland doesn't sniff the playoffs.    They needed Lebron, Love, JR, and Shump to make that happen.

Sacramento has been tanking for about a decade and they haven't been to the playoffs yet. 

New Orleans seems farther away from the second round of the playoffs with the best big man in the game than us. 

It's a dumb plan that will turn off free agents if we tank.

• Like 1