• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Two Questions For You

Brotha2ThaNite

First let me say what's up guys. I don't log on and post as much but I'd still do visit the site 4 to 5 times a week.

Reading posts made me want to ask you all two questions. 

How many of you all think the Hawks want Al but just not at max contract? (I do and I think it's a smart idea)

How many of you all think that Paul Millsap is better PF than Al Horford? 

If we can have Dwight Howard, Al Horford and Paul Millsap that would be great but if I'm choosing Paul Millsap between and Al Horford... something just tells me to go with Paul over Al.

To see that Bud might do the same says a lot. He is closer to those guys more than we are and something isn't adding up.

Edited by Brotha2ThaNite

Hey, I see you around the Falcons Msg boards but here is my answers to this

1.  I like to have Al stay here but I will not do it for the max.  I know that I will get hit up for this but if Tim Duncan can give up money to bring in more championship then Al can do the same.

2.  Paul Millsap is a lot better PF than Al because he can do it all and at a better rate. 

I think Al defends bigger players better. I think SAPs offensive game is a little more polished on the ISO end. Other than that, to me they are a wash.

Edited by Buzzard
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

I have mixed feelings about this.  I love Al, but there are things I don't like about Al.  The things I don't like about him, Millsap does - mainly consistency and inside scoring.  Al is one of the best big men I've seen moving without the ball and running the floor.  He's very active around the glass and has a huge impact...when he doesn't disappear and his jumper is solid.  He's a great complimentary piece and that's exactly what we need right now.

I'm sure we can play him and Sap together, but do we really NEED to?  Really, with the addition of D12 it seems like a duplication of talent.  When you have that sort of surplus, I'm of the belief that you explore your options.  Especially with Sap sure to enter this free agency money-party chaos next year.  It makes sense if we're bringing Al back to explore options for Sap and it also makes sense to move on from Horf if we can't work something out.

I wouldn't be mad at overpaying to keep him and I won't be upset if he walks for nothing.  I think most of all, like all Hawks who move on...I'd just be a little saddened to see him go.  It's hard imagining Horford in anything but Hawks Red.  I might even die a little if I saw him in Celtic green.

• Like 2