• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Source: Hawks have upped their offer to Al Horford & added a 5th yr.

GameTime

2 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

Whatever the final results are, one thing you can't blame Bud for is giving us a dull free agency this time around lol.

Exactly, all the crying and moaning  and hand wringing...almost over.

I get the feeling the Hawks screwed themselves here. The damage has probably been done. Had they come with that offer from the start then this whole mess would be resolved by now. They wanted to be cheap from the start and it might cost them here.  In Horf eyes he has been playing at a huge bargain over the last several years. Now he want to get payed. Just like Curry isn't going to go easy on the Warriors next offseason.

But Curry is an MVP with a ring and multiple championship appearances.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, sturt said:

All I know is this is no way to be spending our holiday weekend, chained to a computer and sitting around like a pack of Pavlov's dogs at the mere scent of meat.

Yesterday, I got so much done... internet outage.... today?.... I've barely gotten up to eat my lunch of string cheese and crackers.

wis.gif

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Exactly, all the crying and moaning  and hand wringing...almost over.

Oh, if we could only even know THAT much.

If Al signs, maybe.... if Al doesn't sign, there's almost surely more crying and moaning and hand-wringing to come.

hace 3 minutos, MrYellow dijo:

He has two offers for 4ys  $113M...

You are right, it should be closer to 5 years 130M... we are negotiating the second biggest contract in NBA history so far (Mike Conley got the biggest yesterday....)

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Ruckus said:

But Curry is an MVP with a ring and multiple championship appearances.

lol, exactly. 

Curry's negotiations next year will be pretty straightforward: "Pay me more than anyone in the league is making right now", and GS would be mad not to do it.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, sturt said:

Oh, if we could only even know THAT much.

If Al signs, maybe.... if Al doesn't sign, there's almost surely more crying and moaning and hand-wringing to come.

which would be HILARIOUS since 8 out of 10 posters on here were asking for Bud's head a few months ago when it was stated he wanted to retain Al Horford. Funny how things have changed now. 

5 minutes ago, Ebert said:

You are right, it should be closer to 5 years 130M... we are negotiating the second biggest contract in NBA history so far (Mike Conley got the biggest yesterday....)

For a good, not GREAT player.  Imagine what Boogie would've got this year. If Al can get 130 million, Boogie looking at upwards 200 million, easy.  We getting paid.

Edited by Hawkmoor

Ahora, Hawkmoor dijo:

For a good, not GREAT player.  Imagine what Boogie would've got this year. If Al can get 130 million, Boogie looking at 225 million, easy.

Well, there will be a lot of players in 2017 and 2018 who will sign bigger contracts. 

lol, exactly. 

Curry's negotiations next year will be pretty straightforward: "Pay me more than anyone in the league is making right now", and GS would be mad not to do it.

It's like comparing a fancy aged Gouda to soft cream cheese. But, I guess Al is our own fancy aged Gouda so we gotta love him.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

For a good, not GREAT player.  Imagine what Boogie would've got this year. If Al can get 130 million, Boogie looking at upwards 200 million, easy.  We getting paid.

Boogie would get the same max  amount.

I was using Curry as another example of someone who sign a contract which became a huge bargain and were not going to give anykind of hometown discount in their next contract negotiations.

I understand that. Just joking around. No hard feelings.

1 minute ago, Atlantaholic said:

He will get more because the cap is going to continue to go up, no? 

He said  if Boogie was  a free  agent this year ( or maybe I read it wrong).

Edit:Nope, I was right.

Actually Boogie would get less for number of  year in league.  Boogies Max is 25% of cap, Al is at 30%