• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Bazemore still pisses me off

gsuteke

I'm 100% behind signing Howard.  We haven't had a legit Center since Tree Rollins.  And he took a modest contract compared to what Conley and Batum etc got.

im OK with Horford going to Boston.  If he didn't feel like the Hawks organization coddled him enough then kick rocks.  We move on with the living and forget the dead.

what I can't get over is that stupid ass contract they gave to Bazemore that limits what we can do now in FA and will keep us from going after bigger fish next year too.

that contact was a very poor decision IMO you made him (coach bud) let him walk and sign a guy for 1/3 of the price and make him the next multi millionaire.

One third the price would average less than six million and who that we would want who is available for that other than an injury recovering point guard. At least Baze wants to be a Hawk and has stated appreciation for our coaches. Its a lot of money but it is July of 2016.

• Like 1

I agree 100%. I mean we did not want to give Carroll a 4 yr/60mil deal and we give baze that kind of money. Granted the cap was increased but still, thats insane.  I am a big fan of bazemore, but I do not believe he is worth that kind of money.

9 minutes ago, gsuteke said:

I'm 100% behind signing Howard.  We haven't had a legit Center since Tree Rollins.  And he took a modest contract compared to what Conley and Batum etc got.

im OK with Horford going to Boston.  If he didn't feel like the Hawks organization coddled him enough then kick rocks.  We move on with the living and forget the dead.

what I can't get over is that stupid ass contract they gave to Bazemore that limits what we can do now in FA and will keep us from going after bigger fish next year too.

that contact was a very poor decision IMO you made him (coach bud) let him walk and sign a guy for 1/3 of the price and make him the next multi millionaire.

Instead of just complaining - offer a suggestion of who you would have liked to  give the money to.

Saying  'sign a guy for 1/3' doesn't have much merit.  Layout the plan for who you would give the money to and fill out  the rest  of the roster.

Bazemore is a tank commander. He will come in everyday with excellent work ethic, he will play very hard and he will get exposed extremely bad and look underwhelming. I can't tell you the amount of times I seen Horford cover for his ass on his misreads defensively. All hail Kent! 

5 minutes ago, gsuteke said:

Baze took 2 million before coach Bud made him a multi millionaire Thomas.

next man up 

And he was offered seventy two million by two different teams within the last twenty four hours. Don't get me wrong I want THJ to seriously step up and we will see but how does this make Baze piss anyone off. 

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

Bazemore is a tank commander. He will come in everyday with excellent work ethic, he will play very hard and he will get exposed extremely bad and look underwhelming. I can't tell you the amount of times I seen Horford cover for his ass on his misreads defensively. All hail Kent! 

It's tiiiiiiiimmmeeee to get ooooffffffff Hor's saaaaaaacccc sun lol

3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

You are talking like Kent is a turnstile on defense.   Yes, he's still has flaws to  his game but who  doesn't.     Don't go full.......dude.

30 minutes ago, gsuteke said:

The Market dictates the $$$.  ...3 teams actually offered him 4yr/ 72million....So it's not like Hawks Management pulled a number out of a Hat. 

Edited by wolvetigers
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Name  him?

I have 3 kids in elementary and middle school and a I own a local business.  That's why I don't post here anymore I don't have time.

i know who Conley is because he's old like I am.  I don't really know who Batum is or chandler parsons is.  I don't know who 50 percent of nba players are for that matter especially the young ones.

but I DO know Bazemore is a big f***ing waste of money because I watch some Hawks games.

bud gets paid to know who they should have paid that money to I know sure as hell it isn't Bazemore.

you can do the fantasy basketball draft man I don't have time.  Good luck with that 

• Admin

We could have gone after Aaron Affalo for the 12 he signed or someone like Wesley Johnson ... He might not be as good as Baz but it would probably only would have been for about 6 million instead of 17.5 ... and who knows what he could have done in our system ... Probably the same production and impact as Baz or DMC.   

Honestly I'm not just saying this because we didn't sign him, but for a big man, Horford was soft as hell and that was one of the reasons we kept getting killed by the Cavs. I loved Horford in his first 6 or so years, the last 3 he's been scared of getting hurt and an all around wuss. Most so called experts say his game will transition well into his 30's, I think he might decline and be a complete gimp in 2 years. We will move on without him, I'm more upset we didn't get anything in return for him than him leaving.

4 minutes ago, gsuteke said:

I have 3 kids in elementary and middle school and a I own a local business.  That's why I don't post here anymore I don't have time.

i know who Conley is because he's old like I am.  I don't really know who Batum is or chandler parsons is.  I don't know who 50 percent of nba players are for that matter especially the young ones.

but I DO know Bazemore is a big f***ing waste of money because I watch some Hawks games.

bud gets paid to know who they should have paid that money to I know sure as hell it isn't Bazemore.

you can do the fantasy basketball draft man I don't have time.  Good luck with that 

Ah well...enough said.

hace 1 minuto, Spud2Nique dijo:

Honestly I'm not just saying this because we didn't sign him, but for a big man, Horford was soft as hell and that was one of the reasons we kept getting killed by the Cavs. I loved Horford in his first 6 or so years, the last 3 he's been scared of getting hurt and an all around wuss. Most so called experts say his game will transition well into his 30's, I think he might decline and be a complete gimp in 2 years. We will move on without him, I'm more upset we didn't get anything in return for him than him leaving.

Maybe they are saying that if he can only average 3.5rpg against the Cavs in the Playoffs, it couldn't get any worse even if he gets older...

2 minutes ago, Ebert said:

Maybe they are saying that if he can only average 3.5rpg against the Cavs in the Playoffs, it couldn't get any worse even if he gets older...

Ya seriously! A guard pulls down more rebounds than Horford. Can't wait to play the Celts!

If he works on laying up off the glass I'm good.  He works extremely hard and is great in the locker room but his basic skillset of dribble/ pass/ shoot has always been laughable to me.  Negro need to be in Summer League or something.

Is Bud getting kickbacks from making these guys so much money?  The end-of-the-bench Warrior Cheerleader Bazemore wouldve only gotten 10 million.