• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Are Hawks better next year?

KD88

1 minute ago, AnnieMay said:

Right. I would love to see us bring in Jarret Jack or even take a gamble at Lawson,I would probably prefer Lawson since we share the same last name, lol.We could definitely use another vet at that position.Im concerned about our lack of cap space,though.

Even if we drop Lamar I believe we still would only have three million in space so its definitely a concern. How much would Jack like to be back in Atlanta? Thinking that ACL will drop his signing price a bit. Not really sure who is going to be affordable enough.   

7 minutes ago, AnnieMay said:

Right. I would love to see us bring in Jarret Jack or even take a gamble at Lawson,I would probably prefer Lawson since we share the same last name, lol.We could definitely use another vet at that position.Im concerned about our lack of cap space,though.

Please no Lawson.  He needs to get his life together and he can do that on someone else's dime.  If Jack is still hurt, give me a guy like Price from PHX.  I'd even take Vasquez or Felton over Lawson.  They're not better players but at least you know what to expect from them.  Lawson was awful for IND last season.

8 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Even if we drop Lamar I believe we still would only have three million in space so its definitely a concern. How much would Jack like to be back in Atlanta? Thinking that ACL will drop his signing price a bit. Not really sure who is going to be affordable enough.   

I would think both Jack and Lawson might consider signing at a discount,since they both have something to prove.The question is are the Hawks interested in either and is another team desperate enough to throw big money their way?

• Like 1

Yeah, if its not the amount of salary then its definitely some issue such as Jack's ACL, Felton's love of double cheeseburgers or Lawson's drinking issues. We'll see what our FO can do. Nothing personal against Patterson but I am really hoping for that vet PG from somewhere. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, AnnieMay said:

I like the Jack idea...I dunno about Lawson. I liked him as a player a few years ago but he needs a  John Lucas mentor or coach...if Bud gets Lawson there could be many DUI's in our future lol...He would be the first player to get a coach fired since Webber/Don Nelson 94 lol

12 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Please no Lawson.  He needs to get his life together and he can do that on someone else's dime.  If Jack is still hurt, give me a guy like Price from PHX.  I'd even take Vasquez or Felton over Lawson.  They're not better players but at least you know what to expect from them.  Lawson was awful for IND last season.

Felton is fat and a bit of a chucker imo.I do like Vasquez,good shooter and has size.

24 minutes ago, AnnieMay said:

I'll pass on Lawson, one redemption story is quite enough, lol.

6 minutes ago, AnnieMay said:

Felton is fat and a bit of a chucker imo.I do like Vasquez,good shooter and has size.

Agreed ... and I'd take him all day over Lawson.

19 minutes ago, AnnieMay said:

Lmao ...the lady squawkers dislike the fatty McButterpants eh @JayBirdHawk ? Lol

Kinda weird that someone can't decide between an absurd amount of of fast food or millions of dollars to play a game they love. Maybe I just can't understand because I have never been in that situation.

32 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Agreed ... and I'd take him all day over Lawson.

Lol,you choose a foodaholic over alcoholic.Cant argue with that logic.Not really a fan of Felton's game,and I certainly don't like the way he looks,lol,but oh well can't have your cake and eat it too.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Kinda weird that someone can't decide between an absurd amount of of fast food or millions of dollars to play a game they love. Maybe I just can't understand because I have never been in that situation.

Touché.

2 minutes ago, AnnieMay said:

Touché.

Don't get me wrong. I love fast food and cheeseburgers in particular but at my age it is really is frowned upon (though not by me). So its more of a sneak one in on the weekend kinda thing. Cholesterol bites but for a million dollars I'd figure it out.

• Like 1