• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Who will be the better player in 3 years?

1 minute ago, macdaddy said:

Everything is about Kyle dummy.   You know you think he's dreamy.

636c1ca73c9e225e2b1caf4c95a8a078.jpg

I do like him a lot....lol...he's just so groovy...wtf my bad 

I remember Acie Law IV look very good coming out the gate but he never developed. He had just about everything you looked for at point guard with the size and the name of a star...

I just like Bembry more of the two. If he develops a decent jumper, he could be a very good 2 way player. Not the class of Wade per se but something along those lines.

Wasn't a big fan of Prince at 12 but I would bet he doesn't make it to pick 21. I believe he's the more productive/impactful player in year 3 but Bembry seems to have the better outlook long term.

Edited by Kimsey
clerical

• Premium Member

I think too much is made sometimes of who starts.  The best players are not always the starters or the more experienced.  And the guy who starts isn't always on the floor at the end of games.  It should be noted that in games 3 and 4 of the second round, with the season on the line, the starters at the 2 and 3 spot were Bazemore and Sefolosha.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Both will have recognizable names across the league for different reasons.

I predict in the future the Hawks may have to pick one or the other because the market will demand higher contracts for their skill set.

33 minutes ago, QuantumHawkz said:

Both will have recognizable names across the league for different reasons.

I predict in the future the Hawks may have to pick one or the other because the market will demand higher contracts for their skill set.

Noooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

They play 2 different positions......they are our SG and SF OTF

• Premium Member

I'm aware they play different positions, but the cap space will force the Hawks to pick one @JayBirdHawk 

I'm just saying they will be expensive to resign both. Like the Millsap and DMC ordeal.

5 minutes ago, QuantumHawkz said:

I'm aware they play different positions, but the cap space will force the Hawks to pick one @JayBirdHawk 

I'm just saying they will be expensive to resign both. Like the Millsap and DMC ordeal.

We will own bird rights to both players so exceeding the cap to resign either will not be an issue. If they are both playing well and when they both become RFAs the Hawks decline to sign them both - then that's just cheap.

7 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Noooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

They play 2 different positions......they are our SG and SF OTF

I know what you are getting at with that post, and I agree with the gist. But I'd like to point out that Baze is obviously the present and future at one of those positions - at least for the next four years. And he'll still only be 31 during the 1st year of his next contract. I also think this season will tell us if Hardaway is going to be our SG of the future or not. I'm betting on him being the future at SG - or at the very least the first wing off the bench for the 2017 season. I think for the 2017 season our top 3 wing players are going to be Baze, Hardaway, and Prince; it just remains to be seen who of Hardaway or Prince is the starter opposite Baze at that time.

7 hours ago, QuantumHawkz said:

It's not even close to the same ordeal we went through with Millsap and DMC, as was already pionted out we will have the full Bird rights for both of them, unlike with DMC and Millsap. Keep in mind: both Prince and Bembry wont hit restricted free agency for four more years --

• Which is the same offseason that Bazemore's current contract will make him a free agent again.
  • Howard's contract expires the year before that, and he probably isn't getting another large deal at 33 years old that offseason.
  • Millsap will probably sign a 3 or 4 year contract with us after this season. Which would either make him a free agent, or be in the last year of his contract.
  • Schröder will probably sign a 5 year max contract with us after this season, giving him 2 years left then. Other than maybe Millsap's final year, Schröder will probably be our only guaranteed player on our roster right now who will be playing under a big contract at that time.
  • The only other current players that might be on a big contract then would seem to be Hardaway and maybe Edy, depending on how they continue to develop.

The point is if Bembry and/or Prince are worth big money contracts that offseason, then we should be in a good position to be able to afford both of them if we want.

7 hours ago, Spud2Nique said:

Lmmfao that's great. Love it!

:Korver: "Not as much as you luv me, guurl.  Now git ovah heyuh an' gimme anothuh kiss." :air_kiss:

1 hour ago, RandomFan said:

I know what you are getting at with that post, and I agree with the gist. But I'd like to point out that Baze is obviously the present and future at one of those positions - at least for the next four years. And he'll still only be 31 during the 1st year of his next contract. I also think this season will tell us if Hardaway is going to be our SG of the future or not. I'm betting on him being the future at SG - or at the very least the first wing off the bench for the 2017 season. I think for the 2017 season our top 3 wing players are going to be Baze, Hardaway, and Prince; it just remains to be seen who of Hardaway or Prince is the starter opposite Baze at that time.

It's not even close to the same ordeal we went through with Millsap and DMC, as was already pionted out we will have the full Bird rights for both of them, unlike with DMC and Millsap. Keep in mind: both Prince and Bembry wont hit restricted free agency for four more years --

• Which is the same offseason that Bazemore's current contract will make him a free agent again.
  • Howard's contract expires the year before that, and he probably isn't getting another large deal at 33 years old that offseason.
  • Millsap will probably sign a 3 or 4 year contract with us after this season. Which would either make him a free agent, or be in the last year of his contract.
  • Schröder will probably sign a 5 year max contract with us after this season, giving him 2 years left then. Other than maybe Millsap's final year, Schröder will probably be our only guaranteed player on our roster right now who will be playing under a big contract at that time.
  • The only other current players that might be on a big contract then would seem to be Hardaway and maybe Edy, depending on how they continue to develop.

The point is if Bembry and/or Prince are worth big money contracts that offseason, then we should be in a good position to be able to afford both of them if we want.

@RandomFanThis is why I hate these waaaaay down the road projections, so much can happen, but here goes:

1. Kent signed a 4 year deal with a player option in year #4 - so if he opts out it'll be the year before Bremby and Prince become RFAs. the same year Dwight becomes a free agent.

2. Both Dennis and THjr will be RFAs next offseason - so if we assume we extend Dennis for 5 years and THjr to a shorter deal say 3 years (or longer), depending on his progress this year.

3. In year 4 of Prince and Bembry they'll be RFAs a year after Baze has resigned (assuming he opts out) -what if at that time Bud says to be Baze 'your favorite player has always been Manu - I would like you to take on the Manu role from the bench.'  If THJr is still here he starts, Baze the backup. Prince at SF, Bembry the backup SF (I assume Thabo has moved on)

4. Or we could have another  Teague/Schröder battle between THJr/Bembry - the younger guys stays, the other is traded.

5. There are too many moving parts to say how all this will play out.

6.  Like I said previously and you have stated,  resigning both won't be another Millsap/DMC.