• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Hawk sightings/meetings thread.

HawkItus

Here goes mine:

In 1987: My sister worked at photo drive up, a Bay Area photo and movie rental spot. She said.."Oh, that actor you like, what's his name is going to be at my work signing autographs tomorrow for the movie over the top." I said Sly Stallone? She said I dunno, the big guy, ya I think so. I went there in excitement the next day and came back with a Rick Zumwalt signed photograph..:-|

In 1988 Manute Bol was at a mall near my house, Vallco mall, and the line was 50-75 people long but I got my an autograph my Manute...actually he signed a Hawks shirt I had lol and his own photograph. I was 12 years old at the same and I came up to about his.....well...anyways he was a nice guy :-/

1997 I met Ronnie Lott, he was at a gas station that I was at, spoke to him but couldn't stop staring at his finger...:-|

1998- At a different gas station in Los altos, I met world strongman Bruce Wilhelm, I actually had a muscle and fitness mag in my car and asked him to sign it and he did but he said these magazines are "a buncha bullshit"....nice guy and pretty funny.

2000- Got drunk with some friends at the NY Jets training camp in Menlo Park. Talked trash to Wayne Chrebet and Chad Pennington and almost got jumped by John Abraham, Jumbo Elliott and Shaun Ellis....3 of the scariest dudes ever were actually talking trash back to me...luckily there was about 20 feet and a fence seperating us or I'd be dead.

2001- Saw Baywatch star Alexandra Paul at the Las Vegas airport and spoke to her for a couple of minutes. I told her I loved Yasmine Bleeth...note to self: KNOW UR AUDIENCE!!!

2005- Saw Steve Young at San Jose airport, stared at him for about 15 minutes off n on...he had the look like.."I know you know me but please don't come over"....so that ended there.

2006- Met Nate Thurmond and Al Attles at a Warriors game and made a few jokes they thought was hilarious. Super cool dudes. Took a pic of those two with my friend whose been a long time dubs fan. RIP Nate!

2014- Met hot dog eating champion Joey Chestnut at Safeway and took a pic with him. His gf was there who is also a hot dog eating champ. Nice guy.

Two more incidents I totally forgot that gf reminded me...

2009- Met Andre Carter X cal bear and niner at Jamba Juice in Santa Clara and got a photo with him.

2012- Saw Patrick Willis at a restaurant in Los Gatos, I was with a friend and he was with his friend before he started mackin on some chick. I  asked him for an autograph he refused and said he was just tryin to eat, I guess it was my bad for interrupting his mackin but I was pretty pissed at him and apparently started talkin shit from a few tables away. My friend said that if I continued not only would he not have my back but he would assist Willis in beatin my a$$...lol... I found that hilarious :-)

Later after he left my friend and I were chillin with the group of girls they were talking to and I asked the girl he was mackin what he said to her and she said he told me he likes to cuddle... I laughed and said..what a pu$$y...lol

The end.

• Premium Member
On July 22, 2016 at 9:44 AM, macdaddy said:

(Also shouted "Mr. Robinson" at David Robinson at the airport about 15 years ago while my wife tried to hide)

David Robinson is my favorite basketball player of all time!  Used to have his poster in my room.  Loved his Hall of Fame speech.  He is the kind of person worth looking up to as an athlete.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Jdawgflow said:

David Robinson is my favorite basketball player of all time!  Used to have his poster in my room.  Loved his Hall of Fame speech.  He is the kind of person worth looking up to as an athlete.

I disagree. I think Latrell Sprewell is a better role model...

• Premium Member
12 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

I disagree. I think Latrell Sprewell is a better role model...

The only thing Latrell was a better role model for was the Chappell show Wayne Brady skit.

Now the Admiral is where it's at for the wholesome folk who like to see a winner, leader, all around nice guy who happens to throw down monster dunks and curl about 100 pounds.

9 minutes ago, Jdawgflow said:

The only thing Latrell was a better role model for was the Chappell show Wayne Brady skit.

Now the Admiral is where it's at for the wholesome folk who like to see a winner, leader, all around nice guy who happens to throw down monster dunks and curl about 100 pounds.

I'm only kidding. I was referring to the commercial. I know D Rob is an OG don't trip.

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

I'm only kidding. I was referring to the commercial. I know D Rob is an OG don't trip.

Not tripping, just cutting up.  I figured the Wayne Brady reference would give it away.  No worries, I don't post enough to have people detect my sarcasm yet.  One of the downsides of averaging ~50 posts/year over the past 14 years.

4 minutes ago, Jdawgflow said:

Not tripping, just cutting up.  I figured the Wayne Brady reference would give it away.  No worries, I don't post enough to have people detect my sarcasm yet.  One of the downsides of averaging ~50 posts/year over the past 14 years.

No I detected it just fine and I know who you are....:-) U an OG. 

Truth be told I did just click on ur name...only to see if use a 30's OG or a 40's or fity

Edited by Spud2Nique

On 7/22/2016 at 11:31 AM, Spud2Nique said:

In 1987: My sister worked at photo drive up, a Bay Area photo and movie rental spot. She said.."Oh, that actor you like, what's his name is going to be at my work signing autographs tomorrow for the movie over the top." I said Sly Stallone? She said I dunno, the big guy, ya I think so. I went there in excitement the next day and came back with a Rick Zumwalt signed photograph..:-|

Not enough people have seen Over the Top.

Over-The-Top-540x330.jpg

• 1 month later...