• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Hawk sightings/meetings thread.

HawkItus

1 minute ago, HawkItus said:

Didn't think this deserved its own thread, but didn't see one created yet so.........

I met Eddy T today.  Huge, but friendly guy.  I'm 6'2 and felt like a toddler next to him.

Nice! Does he speak fluent English?

2 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

Nice! Does he speak fluent English?

uuummm...he could barely speak it a year ago - he's probably passable now.

There are some who grow up speaking' English' and still aren't fluent.

5 minutes ago, HawkItus said:

Didn't think this deserved its own thread, but didn't see one created yet so.........

I met Eddy T today.  Huge, but friendly guy.  I'm 6'2 and felt like a toddler next to him.

Edy...only one 'd'

13 minutes ago, HawkItus said:

Fail.  You're supposed to compare hand-size, say yours were comparable and make @Spud2Nique mad for having baby mitts.

7 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Walter...only one 't'

Fixed.

Edited by kg01

I met Lucas Nogueria at a Falcons game 

My dad met Jerious Norwood old Falcon's RB in a hospital getting his ankle/knee tended too. 

I met Roddy White at sky zone when I was 14 I sorta bugged the stuff outta him but it's alright he was cool

And lastly I met Jamal Anderson the terrible DE outta Arkansas in target once. 

Edited by ViewsFromTheSquawk

6 hours ago, HawkItus said:

You sure it was him? Could have been @kg01's sister. She isn't fluent in English either but she is easy to score on so it probably wasn't her. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Dolfan23 said:

You sure it was him? Could have been @kg01's sister. She isn't fluent in English either but she is easy to score on so it probably wasn't her. 

Wait, could it have been your "girl"friend?  Nah, mustache not think enough.

• Moderators
14 hours ago, SalvorMallow said:

LOL I saw this video and thought "Why the hell are we down 20 to the knicks?".  

It's the uniforms.   Everyone thought it was a scrimmage.   Putting Edy in just furthered that assumption.   

I met Jeff Teague some years ago when he was like in his second or third year at Cumberland Mall.He was super cool and down to earth.I remember telling him how the coaching staff should play him more.Hey was very gracious and thanked me.I think I was probably his biggest fan at the time,lol 

Kevin Willis (1999) - He was leaving church, I was on my way to visit the MLK center

Steve Smith (Early 2000s)- Sitting waiting patiently to see my doctor, in he walks, signs in and had a seat.

Jamal Crawford (2010) - saw him in a Walgreens in Buckhead

Shelvin Mack (2013) - standing in line ahead of me at a Walmart check out in my neck of the woods, I said, that head looks familiar - yep it was him.  He was getting toiletries.

I just saw Shelvin Mack about a month ago at Food Truck Tuesday in Smyrna.  I was pushing my daughter on the swing and his dad was pushing Shelvin's kid.  I said her little baby phone was cute and he said "Yeah she's waiting on a call from her agent" which I found strange.

Then it came together when he brought her back to Shelvin and I saw him.  Wearing a Butler hat and Jazz shirt, he wasn't hiding it that's for sure.

One of my friends was lucky enough to see the one and only King Zaza up close and personal.  Hard to beat that one.

Also unrelated but saw Matt Stafford at a bar in San Diego of all places.

• Moderators

My wife's uncle has a vacation home 2 houses from Smitty.   They are friendly with him but i haven't met him yet.   

Saw Mutombo at my kid's soccer game a couple years ago.   He paced the sidelines and shouted lots of instructions.

Saw Nique at the movies about 30 years ago.   My friends didn't think it was him.   They thought it was another 6'7" guy who happens to look a lot like Nique.  Come on!

My wife just met Charlie Criss!

My kids got a picture with Teague last year at the Adidas store.   He was cool.

Coach Bud just bought a house pretty close to me!   So i'm sure i'll be over there discussing strategy soon.  Once the temporary restraining order expires.

(Also shouted "Mr. Robinson" at David Robinson at the airport about 15 years ago while my wife tried to hide)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

My wife's uncle has a vacation home 2 houses from Smitty.   They are friendly with him but i haven't met him yet.   

Saw Mutombo at my kid's soccer game a couple years ago.   He paced the sidelines and shouted lots of instructions.

Saw Nique at the movies about 30 years ago.   My friends didn't think it was him.   They thought it was another 6'7" guy who happens to look a lot like Nique.  Come on!

Coach Bud just bought a house pretty close to me!   So i'm sure i'll be over there discussing strategy soon.  Once the temporary restraining order expires.

(Also shouted "Mr. Robinson" at David Robinson at the airport about 15 years ago while my wife tried to hide)

:laugh1:

4 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Doesn't this happen everytime you go out?