• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Kevin Love

Jwohlgem3

• Moderators

Hey there, Jwohl! Since it's not a formal trade rumor*** you'll find this thread over at the NBA Trade Ideas forum in a few moments.

http://hawksquawk.net/community/forum/12-nba-trade-ideas/

(*** I shoulda moved Rudy's, too, since I don't trust Sportsrageous or whatever that link was. But I got lazy.)

~lw3

1 minute ago, macdaddy said:

I  think Sap is a better fit with Dwight and Love's defense is pretty awful.   I stick with what we have.  

That's where Dwight helps this Trade is Defense and Love can be a lot better than what he's played like in Cleveland and can open the floor better. 

1 minute ago, Jwohlgem3 said:

That's where Dwight helps this Trade is Defense and Love can be a lot better than what he's played like in Cleveland and can open the floor better. 

But that seems to assume we have the Dwight of 6-7 years ago who was an athletic demon.  Howard circa 2017 is still really good defensively but he's not that guy anymore simply due to the Father Time Tax.

Millsap being a beast(ish) defensively takes a lot of pressure off Howard so he doesn't have to be that guy so much.  Love would have to go beast-mode offensively to make up for what we'd lose as a team defensively.  That pushes a decent trade proposal into the 'nah, thanks' category for me.

Only way it'd be good for us is if we simply do not plan on bringing Sap back.  Not sure that decision's been made yet.

10 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Sap added to the Cavs though would make them seriously unreal.    For that reason alone i wouldn't do it. 

Yeah, good GM's aren't supposed to worry about how trades impact the other side.  Just supposed to worry about whether or not it improves your own team and all that.  Still, gifting them a guy like Sap just feels unpalatable.

1 hour ago, Jwohlgem3 said:

Sap does fit better with Cleveland but I'm afraid of over paying him in the offseason and we need better offense from somewhere and Love's contract will probably look better than  his

I don't disagree totally.  Sad truth though is that Sap is our leader and is the resident 'adult in the room' which is likely something we'll need to counter Howard's potential antics.

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I don't disagree totally.  Sad truth though is that Sap is our leader and is the resident 'adult in the room' which is likely something we'll need to counter Howard's potential antics.

#StickumFace

56ee71473e9b367f5c000001.png

~lw3

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, kg01 said:

That's what scares me Sap isn't going to be a leader of a championship team if we have Love and Dwight under contract it'll be easier to get other piece and Millsap will be over paid by someone.

2 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Geez.  Forgot about that.   Wouldn't be surprised if Sap and Dwight don't get along.

I honestly think it (Howard growing up) will be something they'll need to work through.  Unfortunately.

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Geez.  Forgot about that.   Wouldn't be surprised if Sap and Dwight don't get along.

Meh, I think they'll be fine, especially given Sap's reputation as an above-it-all pro. No Harry Nilsson singing between the two off the court, but they oughta work out fine in the locker room.

Dwight, meanwhile, would theoretically need an apology from KLove for this #DunkFace during the All-Star Game. At least a Hallmark card or somethin'.

Kevin+Love+Dwight+Howard+2012+NBA+Star+G

~lw3

5 hours ago, Jwohlgem3 said:

Would anyone consider trading Paul Millsap to try and get Kevin Love is a bigger Name to help get talent and more stability eith the uncertainty of Millsap after this year? 

I wouldn't. Players didn't want to play with Kevin Love in Minnesota, I don't think he'd make a difference talent recruiting wise in ATL. 

34 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

For the record, Kevin and Dwight did team up together at least one time... against Zack and Cody...

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xrf73q_the-suite-life-on-deck-s03e17-twister-part-1-nl-subs_shortfilms

~lw3

I remember I wanted them to play all together in Brooklyn lol.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I don't understand how ppl can question Love's defense. Did you miss the end of game seven in the Finals? Steph Curry had Love one on one and Love flat out outplayed Curry in defending his shot. Love is never going to be All Defense but he's not as bad as people think.