• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Power Ranking All 30 NBA Head Coaches Going into 2016-17 Training Camp

aali34

• Moderators
51 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

Glad to see Budz ranked ahead of Kerr.  Walton proved last year that the team/system was more key to the success of the Warriors last year

Walton will really prove it this year when he is running the Lakers and you can contrast his teams' W/L records year over year.

• Moderators
Coaching Record Table
  Regular Season Playoffs  
Season Age Lg Tm G W L W/L% W > .500 Finish G W L W/L% Notes
2013-14 37 NBA BOS 82 25 57 .305 -16.0 4 0 0 0    
2014-15 38 NBA BOS 82 40 42 .488 -1.0 2 4 0 4 .000  
2015-16 39 NBA BOS 82 48 34 .585 7.0 2 6 2 4 .333  
Career   NBA   246 113 133 .459 -10.0   10 2 8 .200  

3 seasons   NBA BOS 246 113 133 .459 -10.0   10 2 8 .200  
Provided by Basketball-Reference.com: View Original Table
Generated 9/19/2016.

• Moderators
1 minute ago, AHF said:

Stevens was only #3 before winning a playoff series or posting more than a single winning season?  Damn media haters.  Don't they know the guy invented the game?  

.459 winning percentage and .200 playoff percentage can't be argued with.   The guy hasn't just invented the game he has re-invented it.    Now you don't have to win to be a champion.

tumblr_mqw1hkMD2z1qcmnsoo6_1280.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, macdaddy said:

Brad Stevens is #3?   WTF?   I know he's considered a genius but he hasn't won a playoff series yet.    Bud took a 70 win team to the ECF.   Geez I'm hating boston more every day and i didn't think that was possible.   

How good could Bud be if he only got 60 wins out of a 70-win team?

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I hear a lot of excuses...  Excuses.   If that be the case, then name Eric Spolestra #1.  Look what he's done without Bosh and with a halfway good Wade?  Or how about Terry Stotts.  When LA left, he had nothing.   He worked his nothing into something too.

This list... is a joke.  Even with Bud in a good spot.  I mean, Rick Carlisle??  Steve Clifford??, and Brad Stevens... What are these guys doing sniffing the top 10.  Bud has done good but the Warriors have been to the finals 2 times and with their makeup, you would have not let them out of the 2nd round 3 yrs ago.   Sorry, but Kerr has changed the way that we look at Basketball.  That why he and Popp should go 1 and 2.   Can anybody tell me why Ty Lue is #17?  I'm not a fan, but give the man his due.

• Like 2

On 9/19/2016 at 2:03 PM, macdaddy said:

Brad Stevens is #3?   WTF?   I know he's considered a genius but he hasn't won a playoff series yet.    Bud took a 70 win team to the ECF.   Geez I'm hating boston more every day and i didn't think that was possible.   

23 hours ago, AHF said:

Stevens was only #3 before winning a playoff series or posting more than a single winning season?  Damn media haters.  Don't they know the guy invented the game?  

Don't get me started.  I been on the anti-Selltics kick for the better part of about 6 months.  This idea that Stevens is just biding his time before taking over the league is just comical.

"OOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHH, the Selltics got SWEPT by THA CALVES BUT DID YOU SEEEEEE THAT ADJUSTMENT BY BARD STEVENS???? GENIUS!!!!!!"

"OHHHHHHHHHHHHH, SELLTICS ALMOST BEAT THE HAWKS!!!!!  GENIUSS!!!!!!!!!! OMFG!!!!! DID YOU SEEE THAT??!!! MOVE OVAH AUERBLATT!  PHIL WHO?"

This is a results-driven profession and the results just ain't there right now.  Should he be considered a top coaching prospect?  Absolutely.  Should he be spoken of among the best coaches in the league?  Not quite yet, got more to prove.  That's my rational assessment.

Friggin most overrated coach in the history of Earth.  Well, 2nd most overrated.  Lookin' at you John Wooden.

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Spud2Nique said:

Atkinson and Donovan too low in my opinion. I think they will both be in the top 12 next year. Stotts should be higher than 9th as well, maybe top 6 for him.

Having followed Donovan more closely, I'll say I'm skeptical of him.  In college, I always thought of him as someone whose greatest coaching asset was his ability to recruit.  He never really put together a top team outside of those two ridiculously talented teams led by Corey Brewer, Taurean Green, Sideshow Bob and Adrian Moss.  He exceeded my expectations this year so I'll be interested to see what he does without Durant but with a pretty talented young roster remaining.

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, AHF said:

Having followed Donovan more closely, I'll say I'm skeptical of him.  In college, I always thought of him as someone whose greatest coaching asset was his ability to recruit.  He never really put together a top team outside of those two ridiculously talented teams led by Corey Brewer, Taurean Green, Sideshow Bob and Adrian Moss.  He exceeded my expectations this year so I'll be interested to see what he does without Durant but with a pretty talented young roster remaining.

I feel like okc will be pretty good and coaching them this year won't be so hard.   

Play #1 : Give it to Russell and get out of the way

Play #2:  Call timeout

58 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Don't get me started.  I been on the anti-Selltics kick for the better part of about 6 months.  This idea that Stevens is just biding his time before taking over the league is just comical.

"OOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHH, the Selltics got SWEPT by THA CALVES BUT DID YOU SEEEEEE THAT ADJUSTMENT BY BARD STEVENS???? GENIUS!!!!!!"

"OHHHHHHHHHHHHH, SELLTICS ALMOST BEAT THE HAWKS!!!!!  GENIUSS!!!!!!!!!! OMFG!!!!! DID YOU SEEE THAT??!!! MOVE OVAH AUERBLATT!  PHIL WHO?"

This is a results-driven profession and the results just ain't there right now.  Should he be considered a top coaching prospect?  Absolutely.  Should he be spoken of among the best coaches in the league?  Not quite yet, got more to prove.  That's my rational assessment.

Friggin most overrated coach in the history of Earth.  Well, 2nd most overrated.  Lookin' at you John Wooden.

If Brad and his roster was in Milwaukee all the genius talk wouldn't happen.

8 minutes ago, AHF said:

Bill Hader ISWYDT

1 minute ago, macdaddy said:

I feel like okc will be pretty good and coaching them this year won't be so hard.   

Play #1 : Give it to Russell and get out of the way

Play #2:  Call timeout

Play #3: Pretend to coach, repeat play #1