• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Luke Cage

• Moderators

Just started it.  The first episode didn't hook me yet but I like the lead actor a lot.  Expecting to get hooked.  

Keep this spoiler free unless you use text color to hide your spoiler stuff.

• Moderators

Finished it and enjoyed it.  It was solid.  Liked several of the characters and though casting was good.  I'd fault the script on this one saying the story lines were the weakest of the bunch compared to JJ and DD.  Dialogue suffered uncharacteristically at certain times as well (lines jumped out as really cheesy to me at times which I didn't see as much in the other shows).    JJ was also my favorite of the bunch and I'd place this behind DD as well.  That said, I'll also say that Marvel is better on the small screen than on the big screen.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Wife and I are about halfway through. we're both big nerds so we watch all the comic stuff. I also read the comics. I was the crazy white kid that literally got jumped outside a comic book store by a teenager five years older than me because I had Black Panther and Power Man (that's Luke Cage super hero name) and Iron Fist comics on my regular list. He didn't think a white kid should be reading black comics. Unreal. I actually have a Black Panther funko pop on my work desk. Funny how some ppl think you can't like certain things because of skin color.

• Like 2

On 10/18/2016 at 10:47 AM, AHF said:

Finished it and enjoyed it.  It was solid.  Liked several of the characters and though casting was good.  I'd fault the script on this one saying the story lines were the weakest of the bunch compared to JJ and DD.  Dialogue suffered uncharacteristically at certain times as well (lines jumped out as really cheesy to me at times which I didn't see as much in the other shows).    JJ was also my favorite of the bunch and I'd place this behind DD as well.  That said, I'll also say that Marvel is better on the small screen than on the big screen.

Well I found @AHF! Ur next @macdaddy lol

IMG_6482.GIF

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/18/2016 at 1:47 PM, AHF said:

A lot of that is stylistic choice.   An homage to blackspoitation  films in the 70's.

• Moderators
30 minutes ago, HawkItus said:

A lot of that is stylistic choice.   An homage to blackspoitation  films in the 70's.

The stuff I disliked the most was IMO bad comic book writing rather than homage.  It crept in at the end of Jessica Jones as well.  Talking explicitly about heros, etc.  It jars me given how grounded the characters are most of the time in the Netflix shows.  There was a lot of reference to blacksploitation and I didn't mind that.  I have fond memories of:

sucka.jpg?w=640

• Like 1