• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks forward Mike Scott USED TO BE out 4 week with sore left knee

HawkItus

SPORTS

OCTOBER 31, 2016 1:52 PM

Hawks forward Mike Scott out 4 week with sore left knee

2 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

This is probably what it prompting the Ryan Kelly signing but with Moose and Hump I think we have the backup PF covered ... lets get a veteran backup point guard

Then who is the backup Center with Splitter still out?

4 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

They both play a duel role ... they are both PF/C

That's why Kelly was signed.

When Millsap or Dwight gets in foul trouble that leaves us thin at both spots.

• 4 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, BigDog90 said:

How so? Muscula has been playing well at backup PF.

I think Bud would play Scott with Dwight and Millsap with Moose since he has Hump's rump on the bench.

Just more available rotations.

2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Your 4 weeks are up Mike Scott!!  

Any word on when he is expected back?

:Scott: "I mean, it's been 4 weeks but we were expecting my case to be resolved by now so in limbo I sit ..."

7 minutes ago, kg01 said:

:Scott: "I mean, it's been 4 weeks but we were expecting my case to be resolved by now so in limbo I sit ..."

This isn't like the NCAA where the Hawks will have to forfeit games if he plays if found 'ineligible'. (Well guilty)

3 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

This isn't like the NCAA where the Hawks will have to forfeit games if he plays if found 'ineligible'. (Well guilty)

True.  Have they reported anything about him having practiced, rehabbed, etc.?  If not, he's probably not close to returning regardless of the supposed 4-week timeframe.

12 minutes ago, kg01 said:

True.  Have they reported anything about him having practiced, rehabbed, etc.?  If not, he's probably not close to returning regardless of the supposed 4-week timeframe.

If we had a Hawks insider......... since C-Viv is a day late and a dollar short.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, BigDog90 said:

How so? Muscula has been playing well at backup PF.

He has but Scott is more talented offensively.   Moose has been playing his role well but I just don't see him as an impact player.   Scott isn't a 6th man candidate but has the potential to go off offensively in any given game.   Since we don't have many of those types of players I'll take what i can get.   

• Like 2

I could have sworn I saw Mike Scott shooting around with the team before the Pacers game.  The camera was on him for just a brief moment. He wasn't in a Hawks uniform just regular shorts and a Warmup Jersey.

19 hours ago, macdaddy said:

He has but Scott is more talented offensively.   Moose has been playing his role well but I just don't see him as an impact player.   Scott isn't a 6th man candidate but has the potential to go off offensively in any given game.   Since we don't have many of those types of players I'll take what i can get.   

Honestly don't see a difference between the two. Scott likes to shoot 3 pointers which Moose is better at.  With how well Moose has been playing lately, I don't see Scott overtaking him, he might eat some of his mins away though. 

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, JonKoncack said:

Honestly don't see a difference between the two. Scott likes to shoot 3 pointers which Moose is better at.  With how well Moose has been playing lately, I don't see Scott overtaking him, he might eat some of his mins away though. 

I don't disagree but I think they are different players.   Moose is playing all around good ball but his offense is knocking down wide open jumpers.   But that's just about everyone on the team.   Scott can at least get his shot off with a hand in his face and has some explosiveness to the rim.     His numbers may not look as good as Moose this season but he's more of a threat on offense IMO.   

47 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I don't disagree but I think they are different players.   Moose is playing all around good ball but his offense is knocking down wide open jumpers.   But that's just about everyone on the team.   Scott can at least get his shot off with a hand in his face and has some explosiveness to the rim.     His numbers may not look as good as Moose this season but he's more of a threat on offense IMO.   

Scott can also post up smaller players. he ca be effective if he is patient, when he hurries it's ugly.

Scott did say last night he is day to day, so hopefully he is back soon.