• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Dwight vs. Harden I this Saturday

BigDog90

I didn't realize until I looked at the Hawks' schedule today that we're getting Dwight vs. Harden this Saturday. You would think this matchup would be more hyped since news have came out how Rockets front office and Harden didn't want Dwight back in Houston.

Unfortunately, this game won't be on national TV this Saturday but the game in Houston in February will be on TNT. However, I'm sure if ATL was to lose to HOU this Saturday, the loss could make a couple of headlines. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pimp said:

Hopefully  we  actually let Howard touch the ball on offense a few times that game. ...

Pimp Dwight had 9 shots in Game 1 and Game 2 we were dominating and he was in foul trouble. Expect him to average 10-11 shots a game this year.

So many big games this year for us Hawks fans..... I only wish Kobe would have stayed one more year....

1 minute ago, GameTime said:

Pimp Dwight had 9 shots in Game 1 and Game 2 we were dominating and he was in foul trouble. Expect him to average 10-11 shots a game this year.

So many big games this year for us Hawks fans..... I only wish Kobe would have stayed one more year....

Before he got in foul trouble he wasn't involved in the offense, at all, even though he had a rookie guarding him.  
He wasn't even touching the ball  unless he got an offensive rebound.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, pimp said:

Before he got in foul trouble he wasn't involved in the offense, at all, even though he had a rookie guarding him.  
He wasn't even touching the ball  unless he got an offensive rebound.

He definitely needs more touches. The heralded Dennis-D8 PnR has been practically none existent.

• Like 3

Dwight has to do his part to initiate the PnR. Sometimes he's too reluctant to step out and set a high screen. 

Don't think I've seen him screen, fake to rim, rescreen etc. He needs to be more active. This is new to him.

Just a truckload of reasons for each team to take it to each other. The Dwight and Harden stuff plus we really need Dennis to keep his head and do what he does so well on defense. Harden will get his calls because he sells tickets but Dennis can still be a big factor on D. A big Saturday night game.  

• Premium Member
59 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Dwight has to do his part to initiate the PnR. Sometimes he's too reluctant to step out and set a high screen. 

Don't think I've seen him screen, fake to rim, rescreen etc. He needs to be more active. This is new to him.

Good point.  I hate the little hip screens he has been doing.  Wish we had Pero on staff to give him a lesson about setting a real screen.

On October 31, 2016 at 5:35 PM, JayBirdHawk said:

Howard is somewhat lazy.  He needs to do a better job of making himself available .

On 10/31/2016 at 6:35 PM, SalvorMallow said:

Good point.  I hate the little hip screens he has been doing.  Wish we had Pero on staff to give him a lesson about setting a real screen.

I posted this in another thread but Harden also does this "arm grab" move where he traps his defenders arm under his and makes it look like a foul.  He did it more than a few times towards the end of last nights game against the Cavs.  The NBA needs to crack down on this crap.  It has to be one of the cheapest moves I've seen in a while.

Anyway, I feel like the game against Houston is more than just Harden vs Dwight.  It's going to be a really good test of the Hawks defense.

As for the lack of pick-and-roll, that will come with time.  The season is young.  If we're still having the same concerns by mid-season then there's a bigger problem.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, ATLSmith said:

I posted this in another thread but Harden also does this "arm grab" move where he traps his defenders arm under his and makes it look like a foul.  He did it more than a few times towards the end of last nights game against the Cavs.  The NBA needs to crack down on this crap.  It has to be one of the cheapest moves I've seen in a while.

Anyway, I feel like the game against Houston is more than just Harden vs Dwight.  It's going to be a really good test of the Hawks defense.

As for the lack of pick-and-roll, that will come with time.  The season is young.  If we're still having the same concerns by mid-season then there's a bigger problem.

Agree with pretty much all this.  On that Harden move, the cutest thing about it is that the league specifically came out 2 seasons ago and said not calling that would be a point of emphasis.  For some reason, word never trickled down to the refs so guys like Har en and Durant still do it and get calls.