• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Willie Cauley Stein is available

What's he good at? Can we use him?

What would we trade for him?  Splitter/Scott and Minny 1st?

The Sacramento Kings are open to trading Willie Cauley-Stein.

Cauley-Stein has been seeking a bigger role than he has so far received under Dave Joerger. Cauley-Stein has averaged just 4.9 points, 1.8 rebounds and 0.6 blocks in 14.5 minutes per game so far in his second NBA season.

Cauley-Stein was the sixth overall pick in the 2015 NBA Draft out of Kentucky. The Kings subsequently added several big men which has made finding minutes for Cauley-Stein problematic.

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/243957/Kings-Open-To-Trading-Willie-Cauley-Stein

I like his length and shot blocking, which is something any team including us could use, however I'm not sure about how he is wired as far as work ethic. I have my doubts but we should talk to any team anytime to gage other players values.

1 hour ago, Sothron said:

This is kind of funny. My NBA 2k17 Hawks have him because I traded them Splitter at the start of the season. I'd much rather have WCS as our backup center, both in the game and in real life. He'd have a great mentor in Dwight.

Are you on PS4? If so, hit me up with ur ID so I can take you to school lol

For that package I'd like to think we could get Rudy Gay. The Kings will have to trade Gay somewhere because I don't see him resigning in Sacramento after he declines his player option. He could be the boost in offense we'd need to take down the Cavs.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

• Like 1

9 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

What's he good at? Can we use him?

What would we trade for him?  Splitter/Scott and Minny 1st?

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/243957/Kings-Open-To-Trading-Willie-Cauley-Stein

He's like a young Tyson Chandler. He'd be good but Kings overvalue their talent and reports just came out that they aren't trading him. I wouldn't mind Koufos in ATL though.

5 hours ago, nathan2331 said:

For that package I'd like to think we could get Rudy Gay. The Kings will have to trade Gay somewhere because I don't see him resigning in Sacramento after he declines his player option. He could be the boost in offense we'd need to take down the Cavs.

I think he'll get moved for a PG (Payne/Dragic).

That package could end up only being a conditional first round pick from Minny getting minutes on the floor for the Kings the way things are going with Tiago and Scott but just the same Willie doesn't really seem that interested on the court when I have seen the Kings play. Could it be teammate personalities are rubbing off on him? 

• Admin
22 hours ago, nathan2331 said:

Boost to the offense?  You realize we are tied for 4th in ppg in the NBA right?

• Like 1

Boost to the offense?  You realize we are tied for 4th in ppg in the NBA right?

I do, but I think adding another scorer can help the rest of the team. Bazemore is struggling a little bit and I'd say moving him to SG would help him a bit. Rudy Gay also plays Lebron well, which is also a plus.