• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Go big or go home

I was just thinking to myself as I watched the replay of the Hawks/Bucks. The NBA is trending small ball. We have 3 guys who are really dominant rebounders. Why not go:

Pg- Dennis

sg-Korver

sf- Sap

pf- Moose

c- Dwight

Lets flip the trend. I think Sap and Moose are pretty versatile. All three were dominant rebounders as well. Dwight for the last 13 years, Sap lead the NCAA in boarding 3 years in a row and Moose was a good rebounder in college and has only improved each and every year with us. Not only that but Moose and Dwight are 1 and 2 respectively in fg% in the league. I think we should try it out a few times, we may love it. Thoughts?

Because Sap isn't good off the dribble on the wing.  He's a legit stretch 4, but at least one wing has to be able to put the ball on the floor and drive to the basket.  Most 3's would strip Sap nightly. With a ball handling 2 like Hardaway it would work, but not with Korver.

• Premium Member

Millsap is NOT a 3.  While he can play the position for a few minutes in certain situations, this is not his best position.  How many times has this been said?

3 hours ago, django2341 said:

And who will guard players like Lebron? And don´t say Millsap. We've seen that already and it didn't work.

I don't think that's fair.  Sap did an admirable job on James.  His teammates' total inability to defend a pick n roll made it seem like Sap was getting jobbed.  That wasn't the case.

Hoping that Sap is here next year and we'll have Dwight, Sap and Prince up front and that will be a good bit bigger right there. Prince doesn't have the weight Sap has but does play bigger than he looks plus he surprises at how quick he is on both ends of the floor. So far that rotation of Dwight and Moose at C has looked like something to really hang on to. 

• Like 1

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Hoping that Sap is here next year and we'll have Dwight, Sap and Prince up front and that will be a good bit bigger right there. Prince doesn't have the weight Sap has but does play bigger than he looks plus he surprises at how quick he is on both ends of the floor. So far that rotation of Dwight and Moose at C has looked like something to really hang on to. 

Add in Tim starting at the 2 and that's a pretty scary lineup.

• Like 1

Agreed. Hoping both Sap and Tim are here next year and feel we have a pretty good shot of it. A very strong starting five in which three guys are young and should continue to improve year after year.