• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Coach Bud

Trout7

3 hours ago, bleachkit said:

He's a good coach. But I think we should have kept Ferry. Coaches do not make good GMs generally. You need the coach to win now, but you need a GM who can sit back and take the long view. 

Agreed, Ferry decided to step down so all the drama won't distract the hawks. 

On Tuesday, November 29, 2016 at 10:25 AM, macdaddy said:

What the hell are you talking about?   What possible basis do you have to say he isn't intelligent and appears drunk?  And why would you make a whole thread to cast these aspersions.   Check his record, check what this franchise has done since he's been here.  Check what everyone who's played for him and worked with him have said about him.  Check the number of championship rings on his fingers.   I mean geez.   You think he took a team with no star players to 60 wins and the ECF through luck?

I have a right to speak my mind because I have endured all Atlanta sports  teams as a dedicated fan since the early 70s. I get tired of all the excuses on here for this team. Everyone always has a goal to make the eastern finals and nothing else. At least  Falcons fans hope to win it all even if not realistic.  You act like Bud is your best friend or something. I don't ever whine about or confront other people's post on here.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Trout7 said:

I have a right to speak my mind because I have endured all Atlanta sports  teams as a dedicated fan since the early 70s. I get tired of all the excuses on here for this team. Everyone always has a goal to make the eastern finals and nothing else. At least  Falcons fans hope to win it all even if not realistic.  You act like Bud is your best friend or something. I don't ever whine about or confront other people's post on here.

Salute!

Great post

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Trout7 said:

Every season there will be always an excuse lol.

• Premium Member

Bud was more than an assistant for Popovich in San Antonio. Pop even said that they were more like co-head coaches. Most spurs fans were pissed when he came to Atlanta because they wanted him to be the new head coach if Popovich retired.

Edited by aali34

Once again the only time the Atlanta Hawks have ever made the ECF is with Bud as a coach therefore he will be defended by many. We're looking pretty lost right now but I doubt if that goal has changed. The Bud looks drunk on the sidelines comment was an example of you speaking your mind and others are allowed to speak their mind as well, good or bad. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Trout7 said:

I take no issue with you calling out his coaching decisions, abilities etc. but the personal stuff like drunk and unintelligent is uncalled for.

Not one of us is perfect at our jobs but we try to be our best at it and learn from our mistakes.

Yes, you have a right to speak your mind just expect a response in kind.

15 hours ago, bleachkit said:

He's a good coach. But I think we should have kept Ferry. Coaches do not make good GMs generally. You need the coach to win now, but you need a GM who can sit back and take the long view. 

We have a GM.  Ferry is exactly where he should be.

• Moderators
12 hours ago, Trout7 said:

As do I.   If you can't handle comments then don't start a thread.   I asked for any evidence that Bud is not intelligent or that he is coaching drunk.   That has nothing to do with basketball and is just baseless slander.   The great part of this forum is we are largely free from that compared to other internet sites.   

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Trout7 said:

giphy.gif