• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Titanic Horford never planned on staying

JTB

Why does this guy keep coming up around here! He was never going to return to Atlanta from the get go! Titanic Horford didn't give a damn about this organization. Hawks weren't even his 1-4 choice of teams to go to. I'm tired of hearing about Titanic Horford/Alice.

First he leaves over a few millions, then his family takes shots about the Atlanta organization, and now this article.

More and more facts start to come out and with some of us hawk fans I'm not going to name...how are you so obsessed with someone who really doesn't even like the team you claim to be a fan of?

PLEASE LET TITANIC HORFORD SINK!...yes he was a good player at certain things but if he ain't trying to be here which he wasn't then why the hell are you stressing about his absence?

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/244193/Rockets-Were-Al-Horfords-Second-Choice-In-Free-Agency

Al Horford met with four teams at the Four Seasons Hotel in Atlanta during free agency.

The Houston Rockets went first, followed by the Washington Wizards, Detroit Pistons and Boston Celtics. Horford had met with the Atlanta Hawks prior to that.

James Harden was in on the meeting with Horford for the Rockets.

“I thought we had a chance,” Harden said on Monday. “I thought we had a really good chance, but obviously it didn’t work out, which is fine.”

Horford said he seriously considered signing with the Rockets.

“I really considered coming here as well,” he said of Houston. “Them and Boston and Washington, but especially here and Boston, were probably the two teams I was really, really looking at. So, just a lot to consider. A really good team, but at the end of the day I just felt like I was better off being in Boston.”

Horford prioritized signing with a team capable of winning immediately and eventually winning big.

“He’s just a great player,” Horford said of Harden. “They have a great organization here and I was very impressed with them…I just think overall I had a better fit here with the Celtics, with our depth here and coach and just everything. There’s just a lot of things that went into my decision.”

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Because you created this thread?

This belongs in Around the Association. 

giphy.gif

Hey, if Supes can constantly deride Howard while extolling Alice and the posts stay in this forum, I think this topic is quite fitting for Homecourt.

• Like 1

@JTB this is not Hawks-related.  You and @JayBirdHawk must self-bann since now I have that song in my head.

... the cold never bothered me anywaaaaaayy!!!

1 minute ago, Watchman said:

Hey, if Supes can constantly deride Howard while extolling Alice and the posts stay in this forum, I think this topic is quite fitting for Homecourt.

No Watchman, that's not the solution.  The solution is to deride @NBASupes for being a Selltics fan.

3 minutes ago, Watchman said:

True but do we need to rehash why Horford ran to Boston....for the umpteenth time.

I'm just over it.

Well that's a given.

If I was mod I would've permabannt him a while ago.  And that hurts 'cause I've always liked Supers.

Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

True but do we need to rehash why Horford ran to Boston....for the umpteenth time.

I'm just over it.

Who?

4 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I'm just over it.

No, just pointing out to Supes that Alice didn't want to be here, so all of his pining away is without merit.

• Like 2

Just now, Watchman said:

No, just pointing out to Supes that Alice didn't want to be here, so all of his pining away is without merit.

Yeah, I guess I'll allow it in that case (of course, since it's up to me).  Any effort to stick it to Supers is acceptable.  You're off the bann list.  Congrats.

Not just Supes but I want everyone to realize that .....it's not like the Hawks didn't want to resign him cause they surely did try.

• Like 3

Just now, Watchman said:

Why you letting Supes bug you,  he thinks that Al is better than Karl Malone. I've had many a battle with him on this and realized he as an unnatural love affair with Al.  So you take what he says with a grain of salt.

2 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Yeah, I guess I'll allow it in that case (of course, since it's up to me).  Any effort to stick it to Supers is acceptable.  You're off the bann list.  Congrats.

Thanks.  I'm most appreciative.  Besides, we wouldn't want to have to bring Suspicious Chloe into this matter.

Edited by Watchman

Just now, JTB said:

Not just Supes but I want everyone to realize that .....it's not like the Hawks didn't want to resign him cause they surely did try.

But that's just it - you have to have been under a rock the size of the grand canyon to know that they only way Horford was going to be back here was with a FULL 5 YEAR MAX DEAL - otherwise he had no interest in being here.

Just now, kg01 said:

Oh God what did I walk into? Alice talk? 

41 minutes ago, JTB said:

Why does this guy keep coming up around here! He was never going to return to Atlanta from the get go! Titanic Horford didn't give a damn about this organization. Hawks weren't even his 1-4 choice of teams to go to. I'm tired of hearing about Titanic Horford/Alice.

First he leaves over a few millions, then his family takes shots about the Atlanta organization, and now this article.

More and more facts start to come out and with some of us hawk fans I'm not going to name...how are you so obsessed with someone who really doesn't even like the team you claim to be a fan of?

PLEASE LET TITANIC HORFORD SINK!...yes he was a good player at certain things but if he ain't trying to be here which he wasn't then why the hell are you stressing about his absence?

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/244193/Rockets-Were-Al-Horfords-Second-Choice-In-Free-Agency

Al Horford met with four teams at the Four Seasons Hotel in Atlanta during free agency.

The Houston Rockets went first, followed by the Washington Wizards, Detroit Pistons and Boston Celtics. Horford had met with the Atlanta Hawks prior to that.

James Harden was in on the meeting with Horford for the Rockets.

“I thought we had a chance,” Harden said on Monday. “I thought we had a really good chance, but obviously it didn’t work out, which is fine.”

Horford said he seriously considered signing with the Rockets.

“I really considered coming here as well,” he said of Houston. “Them and Boston and Washington, but especially here and Boston, were probably the two teams I was really, really looking at. So, just a lot to consider. A really good team, but at the end of the day I just felt like I was better off being in Boston.”

Horford prioritized signing with a team capable of winning immediately and eventually winning big.

“He’s just a great player,” Horford said of Harden. “They have a great organization here and I was very impressed with them…I just think overall I had a better fit here with the Celtics, with our depth here and coach and just everything. There’s just a lot of things that went into my decision.”

Titanic Horford?  More like the SS Minnow Horford.

• Like 1

Didn't read this thread but I will say this:

Horford was leaving unless he was given the keys to the city and despite what I've said about him (his abilities help like a Draymond Green) the Hawks weren't willing to give him the keys to the city. End of story.

(keys to the city=the supermax)

I feel like the team was wary about locking down the team for four more years of being beaten down by Cleveland and thought they had peaked in 14/15 and tried to create a transitional roster that could be like 12/13.

If it doesn't improve, all I hope is that they're not stubborn and they're swift with the sell-off of most of the vets.

(ok, I'll read this thread now that I've posted)

Edited by Lurker
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Who?  This is clearly anti-Supers talk.

Nope not trying to be anti supes...I think we have a lot good posters on the squawk including supes. But when one of our best posters like supes is so caught up in a guy that isn't here anymore it just gets old....I rather read post from a poster like supes of real possibile ideas on how this team can turn it around rather than focusing on something or someone we just don't have anymore.

Lurker who also may seem negative to many on the squawk is doing just that.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JTB said:

Nope not trying to be anti supes...I think we have a lot good posters on the squawk including supes. But when one of our best posters like supes is so caught up in a guy that isn't here anymore it just gets old....I rather read post from a poster like supes of real possibile ideas on how this team can turn it around rather than focusing on something or someone we just don't have anymore.

Lurker who also may seem negative to many on the squawk is doing just that.

Supes can't let go.