Titanic Horford never planned on staying

JTB

26 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

The Hawks will either win the next game or lose it.- Supes

And then the convenient hate if deemed appropriate. Sounds like about five to ten folks around here. We are then supposed to question the definition of what a fan really is by some (or one, not directed at you Supes but folks know who it is directed at). Pretty simple though, if we are pulling for the Hawks, we are what we are.   

2 hours ago, Thomas said:

Yeah but the grain of salt thing is so dangerous to us high blood pressure fogies. Kinda like that absolutely delicious pork that I pine so often over as opposed to Al's presence in a Hawk's uniform. Better than Karl is pretty entertaining though. Wow.  

If you search the archives, some interesting stuff.

10 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

So little sense to that discussion really. Watched that stuff and it gave Michael's camp a serious run but boxscores don't always tell all or in some cases tell shat. Malone caused fear and Al makes shat loads of money doing so much less. Another thing Karl has shown is surprising humility so often and now we listen to Al's relatives. A boatload right there.    

• Moderators
16 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Yes they were.  That isn't the only cockroach crawling around those archives but it is one of the few with some relevance to what it being posted today.

55 minutes ago, AHF said:

Yes they were.  That isn't the only cockroach crawling around those archives but it is one of the few with some relevance to what it being posted today.

Uh oh! Gossip in the house of squawk? 

• Moderators
33 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

Uh oh! Gossip in the house of squawk? 

We've always had a core of devoted true fans but there were lots more all out fights, dumb grudges and dumber arguments back in the archives.  Good comedy material with the benefit of the passage of time perhaps but our community is much healthier today.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, AHF said:

We've always had a core of devoted true fans but there were lots more all out fights, dumb grudges and dumber arguments back in the archives.  Good comedy material with the benefit of the passage of time perhaps but our community is much healthier today.

Hmmm, the elevation of the Squawk coincided with the emergence of kg01 and the disappearance of a certain dolphin fan.  Hmmmmmm

• Moderators
1 minute ago, kg01 said:

Hmmm, the elevation of the Squawk coincided with the emergence of kg01 and the disappearance of a certain dolphin fan.  Hmmmmmm

I am pretty sure that Dolfan went into emergency mode trying to find enough bandwidth to cover your gifs.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, AHF said:

I am pretty sure that Dolfan went into emergency mode trying to find enough bandwidth to cover your gifs.

Says the guy with a gif in his sig.  Ohhhhh.

Look, we're all family (to a degree).  At some point we can just tell everybody Dolf is doing time?  It's ok.  Everybody's got an uncle in the pokey.  Heck, half of our posters probably were that uncle at some point.  Lookin' at you @Spud2Nique

• Premium Member

I don't think the old archives are that great to go through. This site is one of the rare times in my life I can honestly say that the "good old days" is just a complete lie. This place used to be like the Old West where you had to gun down people for having a different opinion. People carried grudges for years and never let things go. I'm not saying I was above any of it but I am so glad that stuff is gone.

This site in the last several years under Dolf is night and day superior to what the "good old days" had to offer. You actually argue the point, not the person, and thankfully we as a community pretty much get along with each other. No more Old West gunslingers needed.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I don't think the old archives are that great to go through. This site is one of the rare times in my life I can honestly say that the "good old days" is just a complete lie. This place used to be like the Old West where you had to gun down people for having a different opinion. People carried grudges for years and never let things go. I'm not saying I was above any of it but I am so glad that stuff is gone.

This site in the last several years under Dolf is night and day superior to what the "good old days" had to offer. You actually argue the point, not the person, and thankfully we as a community pretty much get along with each other. No more Old West gunslingers needed.

Well my man, Soth.  I wish I shared your positive viewpoint.  I think it's just the fact that we haven't been a lotto team for such a long time.  Hard for folks to call for us to tank or to tear down certain coaches/players too much because at the end of the day we've been winning enough to keep it at bay.

Let us start losing big.  Those ol' battles will return.

9 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Well my man, Soth.  I wish I shared your positive viewpoint.  I think it's just the fact that we haven't been a lotto team for such a long time.  Hard for folks to call for us to tank or to tear down certain coaches/players too much because at the end of the day we've been winning enough to keep it at bay.

Well it's sad to say, but I only usually want to go to the chat room if we are winning or on a winning streak. Cuz if we are going bad, the others come out and run the chat negatively so I jet.

6 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

Well it's sad to say, but I only usually want to go to the chat room if we are winning or on a winning streak. Cuz if we are going bad, the others come out and run the chat negatively so I jet.

Oh man, clearly Soth doesn't chat or he wouldn't have the myopic view on us that he does.  There was a near fistfight a few games ago.  Some poster I didn't recognize challenged another to come find him.  The ensuing tickle-fight would've been epic.

Anyways, it's fun to call out the hypocrites and posers in chat during losses.

Ah well, I self-bannt from chat til we go on a winning streak so y'all will have to soldier-on without me.

• Moderators
25 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Not if the current team of mods are around.  Soth won't have to go through what he did years ago ever again on here.

ff2.jpg

• Like 1

• Premium Member
13 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Oh man, clearly Soth doesn't chat or he wouldn't have the myopic view on us that he does.  There was a near fistfight a few games ago.  Some poster I didn't recognize challenged another to come find him.  The ensuing tickle-fight would've been epic.

Anyways, it's fun to call out the hypocrites and posers in chat during losses.

Ah well, I self-bannt from chat til we go on a winning streak so y'all will have to soldier-on without me.

I have never used game chat. I don't even know how to get into it because I think on my Seamonkey browser it does not show up as an option in Homecourt. I'm guess that's where it is anyways.

I can only speak to the regular posts and the general attitude and atmosphere. It is light years better than watching Diesel, Walt, TexasPete, that guy that stopped posting here because he moved to become a Wizards fan, I mean can keep going but it was just toxic. This place frankly back then didn't deserve to have the good members that stuck through it.

But with Dolf stepping in and the mods actually doing a good job keeping things calm the bad days are in the past. If some guys are acting in game chat then I would expect the mods to be there more often to get rid of any idiot threatening physical violence.

• Premium Member
16 minutes ago, AHF said:

Not if the current team of mods are around.  Soth won't have to go through what he did years ago ever again on here.

ff2.jpg

Thanks. I really do appreciate it. For those who don't remember I used to have "insider" sources, several in fact, thanks to my friendship with Jason Walker leading me to have organic relationships after attending several Hawks games with several people inside the team and arena. When I started sharing some of that information with the sources blessing the death threats started. I mean serious threats. Some guy actually had my home address and sent me a google map image of my house threatening to rape and kill my wife and make me watch it before he killed me.

I reported it to the admin that used to run this place who deserves zero mention and nothing happened. The death threats kept coming and every day was another battle against the same idiots, er, posters that thought I was making all this up despite my information being later validated in other media rumors.

I quit the site for years and Dolf is the one that actually convinced me to come back and promised me that Hawksquawk would never be like that again. And to this day his promise has held.

That's what I'm talking about with how things have changed. I really do thank Dolf and the mods for taking time out of their personal lives in an unpaid role to keep this place going.

• Like 2

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I have never used game chat. I don't even know how to get into it because I think on my Seamonkey browser it does not show up as an option in Homecourt. I'm guess that's where it is anyways.

I can only speak to the regular posts and the general attitude and atmosphere. It is light years better than watching Diesel, Walt, TexasPete, that guy that stopped posting here because he moved to become a Wizards fan, I mean can keep going but it was just toxic. This place frankly back then didn't deserve to have the good members that stuck through it.

But with Dolf stepping in and the mods actually doing a good job keeping things calm the bad days are in the past. If some guys are acting in game chat then I would expect the mods to be there more often to get rid of any idiot threatening physical violence.

People can and should PM a mod if something is happening in chat that they feel strongly about.  We may not be immediately available but we'll get to it.

Moderating chat is a time issue more than anything.  I typically have the game on while I'm doing something else and only occasionally get to watch and chat at the same time.  I am sure the rest of the mods are likewise not a constant presence.  We will address behavior if people bring it to us.  We grant people more freedom in chat but there are limits even there as to what we will put up with and allow the person to continue to have access to chat.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, AHF said:

People can and should PM a mod if something is happening in chat that they feel strongly about.  We may not be immediately available but we'll get to it.

Moderating chat is a time issue more than anything.  I typically have the game on while I'm doing something else and only occasionally get to watch and chat at the same time.  I am sure the rest of the mods are likewise not a constant presence.  We will address behavior if people bring it to us.  We grant people more freedom in chat but there are limits even there as to what we will put up with and allow the person to continue to have access to chat.

No!

We've already established that the chat is Hamsterdam.  A lawless land where anything goes!

Bunny "Lethal" Colvin may drop a "please address the post and not the poster" or a "remember that there is an ignore function" here and there but besides that it's Sodom and Gomorrah!