• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I endorse the benching of Bazemore

JonKoncak

32 minutes ago, Bankingitbig said:

Gay's option is a player option and he has already stated that he will opt out.

I know it is, he's opting out to mainly get away from the Kings. Well, that and to get a long term deal.

53 minutes ago, Lurker said:

I kind of think that this is really DNP - "We're giving you a couple of games off to calm down, Kent". So it's kind of what I said but in a shorter time period.

It may be so, but I noticed the last couple games he has been wearing a knee sleeve, don't think he wore it before but I could be wrong.

I never understood re-signing him to that contract. If the team didn't feel like DeMarre Carroll was worth $15M per season, why is Bazemore worth $17M per year? When smart teams find viable players off the scrap heap, they're supposed to let them go when they become too expensive, let a dumb team overpay them, and find the next viable player off the scrap heap. 

• Moderators
18 minutes ago, TomSelleck said:

I never understood re-signing him to that contract. If the team didn't feel like DeMarre Carroll was worth $15M per season, why is Bazemore worth $17M per year? When smart teams find viable players off the scrap heap, they're supposed to let them go when they become too expensive, let a dumb team overpay them, and find the next viable player off the scrap heap. 

I don't think there was any way for the Hawks to sign both Sap and Demarre.   And I'm guessing they had legit concerns about Demarre's knees.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I don't think there was any way for the Hawks to sign both Sap and Demarre.   And I'm guessing they had legit concerns about Demarre's knees.  

Yeah, that's how I remembered it. It was either Sap or DMC so the choice was easy especially considering DMC's injury concerns even then.

On re-signing Skip BazeLess, it's not as easy as to say he's not worth the money.  All wangs got overpaid this past summer.  He just got the going rate.  Less so, in fact.  Add to that the perception of the franchise taking a hit had they developed him, then let him walk.

• Moderators
55 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Yep - two years ago it was Sap or DMC.

Last year we could have afforded to sign Baze, Horford and Dwight.  They decided to swing big and Horford ditched the team.

• Like 2

He does give a lot of guys hope they could make it in the NBA.

Edited by Trout7
Shorten
  • Like 2