• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Celtics fans turning on Crowder

BigDog90

Bwahahaha, them Smelltics "fans".

Oh man, just wait 'til Flake Griffin and LAC (or any other PF with a pulse to get more than 4 rebounds) come to Loston.  Better thicken that skin, Alice.

7 hours ago, BigDog90 said:

At least the Green fans are classy. His starting job will always be in peril with the SF free agents each year. Jae is a solid player but those fans won't be happy until they have the next version of the big three. 

14 minutes ago, Thomas said:

At least the Green fans are classy. His starting job will always be in peril with the SF free agents each year. Jae is a solid player but those fans won't be happy until they have the next version of the big three. 

Yep.  They fawned over Durant.  Fawned over Hayward.  They'll probably fawn over Paul George.  The beat goes on.

Going into this season I was thinking Jae would end up really worried about Jaylen Brown taking a bunch of his minutes at some point this season. Jayden's youth is showing through but still may end up Jae's  biggest competition no matter what the fans think. Jae is shooting better this year, though not a bunch because of course he is a defense first player. 

http://www.espn.com/nba/player/_/id/6581/jae-crowder

3 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Going into this season I was thinking Jae would end up really worried about Jaylen Brown taking a bunch of his minutes at some point this season. Jayden's youth is showing through but still may end up Jae's  biggest competition no matter what the fans think. Jae is shooting well, though not a bunch for a defense first player this year.

http://www.espn.com/nba/player/_/id/6581/jae-crowder

He should be very worried. Jaylen is 10x the player crowder is and it's only a matter of time. Sorry I watch games at UC Berkeley a lot, my sisters ulumn and a lot at UCLA (jrue holiday and Darren Collison) and even saw Kawhi a few times at SDSU where all my friends graduated. 

Having said that...if we somehow move up into the top 10 next year...Ivan Rabb is a kid I loved and thought was coming out last year ...I think he's a top 10 lock this year but if he has a good combine and workouts we are talking top 7. Think Chris Bosh...

4 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Did you see or imagine what Bud did with Kawhi?

I imagine a lot....lol...oh man Kawhi was Bud's guy all along. Sad that we got sooooo close with the Bud/Kawhi thing although we were never going to get him...and the Giannis...aaahhhh

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Watchman said:

Well, that's what he was saying about the Boston fans.  Good choice Al, umm Tito.

I failed at making the joke.   He was complaining about the boston fans cheering for an opposing player, in this case Hayward, because they want him to come play for the Celtics.   In Atlanta they just cheer for the entire opposition.   

4 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I failed at making the joke.   He was complaining about the boston fans cheering for an opposing player, in this case Hayward, because they want him to come play for the Celtics.   In Atlanta they just cheer for the entire opposition.   

Gotcha.  I did not detect the sarcasm.  Sometimes my elevator don't make it to the top no more.

Jae should thicken his skin.  Celtics fans also should confine their cheers for opposing players strictly to beloved former players or at least Boston-raised players.  I'm up here thinking Butler was in Massachussets and Hayward was from Boston.  He's a great player but I damn sure hope they ain't trying to draw any Bird comparisons just because he's an Indy boy with ties to Stevens.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

Jae should thicken his skin.  Celtics fans also should confine their cheers for opposing players strictly to beloved former players or at least Boston-raised players.  I'm up here thinking Butler was in Massachussets and Hayward was from Boston.  He's a great player but I damn sure hope they ain't trying to draw any Bird comparisons just because he's an Indy boy with ties to Stevens.

Ale, oysters and Bird...Ale, oysters and Gordon. I like Gordon but not seeing that close of a comparison and yet I'm sure those cats do. Jae has to continue what he does well even with his ears burning. Defense, hustle and his somewhat improved offense. 

Don't remember Jae hitting the three like this game. Thabo will definitely have something to say/do about that on Friday. But looking at his stats this year I obviously haven't been paying close attention. Over forty percent from three.

Crowder scored 21 points and went 5-for-6 from 3-point range against Utah. Ainge joked on WBZ-FM 98.5 the Sports Hub on Thursday morning that fans should cheer for opposing players more often if it inspires some of Crowder's best basketball.

2016-17 Regular Season 30 31.7 4.4-9.2 .473 2.1-5.1 .416