• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Millsap Active (Real) Trade Talks (Merged Threads)

terrellgroup

So the two heavily rumored teams for Sap are the Kings and Nuggets.....now they are both fighting for the 8th seed in the west. If, and only if we are trying to nab their first round pick (hopefully unprotected) who has a tougher schedule and more likely to crumble?

Recent history shows they both crumble but I'd give the edge to the Kings in crumbling because they have a crazy guy in Cousins. Lol.

If we do a deal with these teams I just want an unprotected or at least top 3 protected 1st round pick.

Just now, Spud2Nique said:

So the two heavily rumored teams for Sap are the Kings and Nuggets.....now they are both fighting for the 8th seed in the west. If, and only if we are trying to nab their first round pick (hopefully unprotected) who has a tougher schedule and more likely to crumble?

Recent history shows they both crumble but I'd give the edge to the Kings in crumbling because they have a crazy guy in Cousins. Lol.

If we do a deal with these teams I just want an unprotected or at least top 3 protected 1st round pick.

Neither will crumble with Sap. Denver needs to offer Murray. 

• Premium Member

Paul is not going anywhere (I hope). His price tag is too high for a possible rent deal. If the Hawks don't want to pay him, so be it. Just let him go and sign someone else. I don't want any crap coming back our way.

Yet, I still hope Millsap won't go.

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, Spursfanpeacemaker said:

Yea same, If Thabo was playing, and Korver wasn't injured, i really believe they could have beat the Cavs in the ECF.

Good point about that ECF year. We were really close in a couple last playoffs with Thabo starting against them. Lost the last game by a single point.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

https://www.google.com/amp/nba.nbcsports.com/2017/01/06/report-pelicans-talking-paul-millsap-trade/amp/?client=safari

weeeeeaaakkk...a PROTECTED 2017?????

F*ck that! No protection necessary(just in this situation...u kids be safe out there).

They didn't state how protected. All the lottery, top eight, etc...

1 hour ago, Sothron said:

It is kinda surreal that our 60 win 2014 team with 4 All Stars and five starters winning Player of the Month will possibly all be gone just two seasons later.

Yea.  Lost Carrol.  Lost Horf.  Time to get a bit younger.

I still dont think this is a compete rebuild though.  At least not a "tank" rebuild where the Hawks only reload via the draft.

5 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

Lol with our luck...lottery top 14 protected 

Believe we have improved enough to avoid that when Babcock took a hike. A distant and bad memory. Not trying to jinx us I promise.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Believe we have improved enough to avoid that when Babcock took a hike. A distant and bad memory. Not trying to jinx us I promise.

Yes we've come a long way...still climbing that hill though...

55 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

https://www.google.com/amp/nba.nbcsports.com/2017/01/06/report-pelicans-talking-paul-millsap-trade/amp/?client=safari

weeeeeaaakkk...a PROTECTED 2017?????

F*ck that! No protection necessary(just in this situation...u kids be safe out there).

This management is so bad that this deal wouldn't surprise me.

• Like 2

Moron Bostonian...I hate these fools..

The Hawks are likely aware they wouldn’t be able to pry one of the Brooklyn draft picks away from the Celtics in a deal, but they’d still be looking for a combination of some young talent (think Marcus Smart) and future draft considerations from Boston’s stash.  

This news really bummed me out.  Milsap was one Hawk that really got me back into Hawks hoops.  I have been a Hawks fan since the early 80's and while I don't have the time to watch very many games I still follow closely.  From little knowledge it sounds like another Demarre Carroll situation.  Demarre was getting older and figured he would cash in and cruise out his NBA career.  The team that the city was getting behind and had a lot of players to cheer for is just about completely broken up - Demarre, Kyle, Teague, Horford and now possibly Milsap.  It's business and it's pro sports but Budenholzer and the rest of the Hawks management need step up and either re-sign Milsap or put together a deal to get us back to competing for the Eastern conference.  More and more it just seems like it sucks that we no longer have Danny Ferry.

• Like 2