• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

At the All-Star Break...thoughts?

AUhawksfan

2 hours ago, Lurker said:

Tim Hardaway Jr has flat saved the team in at least two games (in that if he wasn't there, the team was going to lose both games by at least 10), and there are a number of other games that can make you go "how the heck did the team win this". The 4 OT game vs the Knicks comes to mind, and finishing on a 12-0 run vs Portland in OT is another.

And that's not including our comeback wins agains the Bucks and Rockets.  We definitely won some this season that looked like sure losses and if not for them we'd be that much closer to just being a .500 team.  It's a very thin line.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AUhawksfan said:

And that's not including our comeback wins agains the Bucks and Rockets.  We definitely won some this season that looked like sure losses and if not for them we'd be that much closer to just being a .500 team.  It's a very thin line.

The Rockets game is technically quoted in "Tim Hardaway Jr has flat saved the Hawks in at least two games". I was saying Spurs and Rockets with that quote.

Better record than I would have guessed.  Some really bad bad losses mixed in seemingly every week.  My thinking is the Hawks record wise will be better than what I thought, but they aren't getting a playoff series victory so in the end what does it matter.

Just an average team

Dennis, Dwight, and Sap have been good but other than that, ehhh

Just not a lot of talent on this team

Our back up pg is not an NBA player. I still dont know why they signed Delaney

Moose is a 3rd big at best but is our back up big here

Baze is a energy bench guy being paid starter money and playing like a guy that should come off the bench

Tim has been better than I thought

Our lotto pick does not play. Our other rookie needs a lot of work on his jumper

I don't understand why some think we are built for the playoffs. We turn the ball over too much and cant score. Add in all the games where they don't even show up and its a recipe for disaster come playoff time. 

The scary thing is that they might bring back the same freaking team next year but at a more expensive price tag. Not looking forward to that at all

• Like 1

12 hours ago, AUhawksfan said:

By that same token you have to look at games we lost like the Kings game that we should of won.   This group of fans are so negative.

• Moderators

Bud's coaching provides false hope.   I don't think there is anything wrong with his schemes.   We'd be really damn good if anyone could shoot the ball consistently.   

The Spurs had plenty of years where they had 1st or 2nd round exits so I don't think this means that Bud is losing his luster.   As someone already pointed out we are talent deficient.   

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Bud's coaching provides false hope.   I don't think there is anything wrong with his schemes.   We'd be really damn good if anyone could shoot the ball consistently.   

The Spurs had plenty of years where they had 1st or 2nd round exits so I don't think this means that Bud is losing his luster.   As someone already pointed out we are talent deficient.   

Ah man, you could've given me a shoutout.  Sigh.  Typical 2017 macd.

This is actually a pretty well-stated post.  Budz program will always have us be competitive so he's masking our talent deficit.

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Ah man, you could've given me a shoutout.  Sigh.  Typical 2017 macd.

This is actually a pretty well-stated post.  Budz program will always have us be competitive so he's masking our talent deficit.

You're right.  Bad form.   @Sarcatic1 was the one who stated we don't have a lot of talent.   I agree.

3 hours ago, HawkItus said:

By that same token you have to look at games we lost like the Kings game that we should of won.   This group of fans are so negative.

Im actually one of the more positive posters here, but go ahead and lump me in a category based on this post.

If we should have won the Kings game then we would have closed them out like we should.  The Hawks get credit for those comeback wins but they also get the blame for a loss like that.

All I'm saying is (in my opinion) our record looks better than we really are. Not negative to me, just me trying to be realistic about my expectations with this team. 

• Like 1

• Moderators
52 minutes ago, AUhawksfan said:

Im actually one of the more positive posters here, but go ahead and lump me in a category based on this post.

If we should have won the Kings game then we would have closed them out like we should.  The Hawks get credit for those comeback wins but they also get the blame for a loss like that.

All I'm saying is (in my opinion) our record looks better than we really are. Not negative to me, just me trying to be realistic about my expectations with this team. 

The statistical models bear that out with our point differential in particular correlating with a significantly worse record.

• Like 1

• Moderators
4 hours ago, HawkItus said:

But, we also have some ridiculous loss margins that put that out of whack.   

Statisticians would tell you that it isn't out of whack.  The number of times that teams get blown out is a statistically significant predictor of future winning %.  (I.e., good teams don't get blown out much).

• Like 1