• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2017 playoff discussion

Alex

7 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Interesting to see the league's response on this.   If someone on the Hawks tried this they call us sore losers and probably suspend whoever it was for the series.    I know how he feels and good for him for speaking up.  That said, i watched some of the game and the Spurs are just a lot, a lot better than the Griz.   Maybe i didn't see enough of it but it didn't look like the refs were swinging anything in the first half. 

Agree.  Sometimes you string together some decent thoughts.  You must be learning something from me.  Finally.

From what I saw, this was just a beating by a better team.  Fitzdale is whining here.  Look, you're short-handed and dealing with injuries.  No shame in losing to a better team.  I guess the rant makes him look competitive?

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Agree.  Sometimes you string together some decent thoughts.  You must be learning something from me.  Finally.

From what I saw, this was just a beating by a better team.  Fitzdale is whining here.  Look, you're short-handed and dealing with injuries.  No shame in losing to a better team.  I guess the rant makes him look competitive?

That's got to be a huge fine and I would think a suspension for a game to say the refs purposefully called the game in an unfair way.   It's a big accusation.   He didn't just say they were bad.    And it's hard to get behind the idea that the refs are the league feel the need to sway game 2, first round, to the team that is so obviously superior.     The NBA may be evil but they aren't idiots.   

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

That's got to be a huge fine and I would think a suspension for a game to say the refs purposefully called the game in an unfair way.   It's a big accusation.   He didn't just say they were bad.    And it's hard to get behind the idea that the refs are the league feel the need to sway game 2, first round, to the team that is so obviously superior.     The NBA may be evil but they aren't idiots.   

Yeah, there's too much money in exposing something like that and there's too many people that'd have to be in on it.

Should be a big fine but they won't suspend him.  The refs will just be on a Budz-like crusade to punish Fitzdale going forward.

Kg04 was rooting for the Bulls.  Stood his little 10mo-old butt up and started clapping.

The question is, was he rooting for the Bulls or against the Seeees?

If the Bulls continue to get vintage Rondo it's a wrap.  He's a better rebounder than any of the Cs apparently.  Nobody respected the Cs as a true 1 seed anyway though so an upset won't surprise.  A sweep, yeah.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, kg01 said:

Eta: And the booos rain down on the Seeees.  Hahaha.  How 'bout dem fans, Anna?

All is not well in the land of Green.  Anna will be slamming/assaulting those fans hard and defending Al and no one else after its all said and done. She seems to be taking the high road for the moment (may be in shock) but her comment about the guys getting angry, well usually thats what she's so good at. Stunned to see the boxscore state Al had double digit rebounds, a very rare occurrence in any playoff series.

Our guys need to get angry

4 hours ago, Thomas said:

All is not well in the land of Green.  Anna will be slamming/assaulting those fans hard and defending Al and no one else after its all said and done. She seems to be taking the high road for the moment (may be in shock) but her comment about the guys getting angry, well usually thats what she's so good at. Stunned to see the boxscore state Al had double digit rebounds, a very rare occurrence in any playoff series.

Our guys need to get angry

11 Rebounds, but we've seen this rodeo before - he'll likely follow it up with 4 rebounds the next 2 games.

Wuh-oh, Smelltics making fishing reservations?  Rondo seems to think they've quit.

http://www.masslive.com/celtics/index.ssf/2017/04/avery_bradley_heard_rajon_rond.html

"They gave up," Avery Bradley heard Rondo call out to his Bulls teammates. "They gave up."

"You never can let a team see that," said Bradley, the Celtics guard. "You have to continue to be positive and go out there and play hard no matter what the outcome is.

"I looked around and a few times in the game guys were putting their heads down, I think getting down on themselves. But as a team we have to stay together. The other team is looking at that. They're using that as motivation for themselves."

Dang bruh, it's only game 2!  Get it together.  Series ain't lost yet.

Where's the leadership, Alice?!  Anybody?  Anna?

2 guys getting skewered on NBARadio right now for failing to show up ... Alice and Gordon Wayward.

Apparently, on his big 7pt performance, Alice threw out the "Bwah, I jus' take whut de defentz give me, bwah, blah, blah ..."

Sam Mitchell said, "If you're gonna get a 4 year max, you gotta go get it this time a' year."

He ain't wrong.  NBAnnaSupes is pissed at Sam right now.

21 minutes ago, kg01 said:

2 guys getting skewered on NBARadio right now for failing to show up ... Alice and Gordon Wayward.

Apparently, on his big 7pt performance, Alice threw out the "Bwah, I jus' take whut de defentz give me, bwah, blah, blah ..."

Sam Mitchell said, "If you're gonna get a 4 year max, you gotta go get it this time a' year."

He ain't wrong.  NBAnnaSupes is pissed at Sam right now.

But has ur idol Frank Isola entered?

37 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Have these guys not been paying attention to Al's game? This is excactly who HE IS! Not THAT guy! He's no Karl Malone.

2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Have these guys not been paying attention to Al's game? This is excactly who HE IS! Not THAT guy! Not Karl Malone.

Sometimes it pays to know what a free agent can do for you vs just the thrill of saying you signed a free agent.

I honestly believe the Celtics thought Horford was a "good" rebounder. Lol. I mean, talk about having one of the worst scouting in the history of the NBA. I'm sorry but the Celts had seen Horford play against them roughly 60 times since 2007, and they STILL thought he could rebound? 

Wow!

16 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

But has ur idol Frank Isola entered?

My man Francisco went in on Scalabrine's Selltic-apologizing this morning.  Made me proud yet again.

He was like, "Wake me up when the Seeees are supposed to be good again 'cause I thought the 1-seed was supposed to be a contender.  Now that dey losing, y'all wanna talk about the future."

Boom