• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2017 playoff discussion

Alex

Rigged NBA....no respect to the Warriors from me. Perhaps I'm a hater but I also find it extremely boring to watch this for the next couple of few years. 

Starting tomorrow, 29 teams starting gunning for the Warriors including us. This is perhaps the worst stretch in the NBA game for me in my fanhood to watch these cocky players like Curry and Green. 

Kendrick Lamar said it best...

BE HUMBLE....

Since we are 200-1 odds to win the finals next year, I'm hoping the Spurs stack a team up to kick the crap out of the Scrubs next year. 

• Moderators

You've got to tip your hat to these guys.  1 loss and that should have an asterik.   Too much fire power for anyone in the league to handle.   The league is definitely in a bad state.   Total dominance by 2 teams but even those 2 don't make for a competitive series.  

• Like 1

Well, its actually a breath of fresh air that its all over, the playoffs as well as our aggravating season too. Will sign off on the finals saying Kevin could have just kept it about how the team helped him win the MVP but felt he needed to take a jab at what had been in the air about his jump the entire year by using the "I" word to death in this quote. Hope the championship trophy means more to him at some point down the road than the MVP one. Gee, wonder who is in the finals next year? Ugh....  

"I work hard, I believe in myself, I believe in the game, I respect the game, I love the game, and I knew at some point in my life that it will come around for me." 

46 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

You've got to tip your hat to these guys.  1 loss and that should have an asterik.

Its like pulling a tooth but will say they are so good its pretty ridiculous. 

• Like 1

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Well, its actually a breath of fresh air that its all over, the playoffs as well as our aggravating season too. Will sign off on the finals saying Kevin could have just kept it about how the team helped him win the MVP but felt he needed to take a jab at what had been in the air about his jump the entire year by using the "I" word to death in this quote. Hope the championship trophy means more to him at some point down the road than the MVP one. Gee, wonder who is in the finals next year? Ugh....  

"I work hard, I believe in myself, I believe in the game, I respect the game, I love the game, and I knew at some point in my life that it will come around for me." 

I agree the self absorption is a little much.   Sure Durant went to the a team that was already stacked but to me it's become clear that it was as much about leaving Westbrook as it was landing on the best team in the league.  I think he would have left anyway even if he couldn't go to GS.   I know OKC was close to the finals but i just don't think Durant saw their combination ever leading to a championship.

11 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I know OKC was close to the finals but i just don't think Durant saw their combination ever leading to a championship.

OKC had the Warriors absolutely on the ropes last year and it was as much Durant's fault as it was Westbrook's that they choked that series away so it made it even more sour for the Thunder fans he jumped to that particular team I would think. Rest of the NBA fans followed suit to a slightly lesser degree including myself.  

I see it as LeBron getting a taste of his own medicine.  He started this foolishness and for you all out there thinking Cleveland isn't a Super Team, they have three freaking all stars capable of dropping 30 on you at anytime.  Golden State just happened to out do them.  To be honest, I'm not sure GS could beat Cleveland without Durant. 

No one is looking at the good side of this.  We may have very good players switching to the Eastern Conference to escape the juggernaut that is Golden State.  I just hope the Hawks can land one or two them. 

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, marco102 said:

No one is looking at the good side of this.  We may have very good players switching to the Eastern Conference to escape the juggernaut that is Golden State.  I just hope the Hawks can land one or two them. 

A pleasant thought there. This offseason is going to be quite a bit more interesting than the finals, at least for twenty eight teams. Pretty sure the Warriors and Cavs will always find a way to keep who they want, mysterious means or not. 

• Like 1

• Moderators
59 minutes ago, Thomas said:

OKC had the Warriors absolutely on the ropes last year and it was as much Durant's fault as it was Westbrook's that they choked that series away so it made it even more sour for the Thunder fans he jumped to that particular team I would think. Rest of the NBA fans followed suit to a slightly lesser degree including myself.  

Totally agree but if I'm Durant do i look at that and think 'we'll be a better team next year'?   I think he saw that as the peak because honestly OKC was just going to keep rolling with Durant/Westbrook hoping to break through one day.    Who were they going to bring in to put them over the top?   As much as i like Westbrook for his sheer intensity, Curry is just better and a better fit for Durant.