• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Free agents by teams for Hawks

1 minute ago, ViewsFromTheSquawk said:

Yes they've also been linked to galloway. He's a decent player and for a decent price he could be a steal as a backup point for a team needing one. 

I guess the point was that Galloway isn't on the level of them other dudes.  They could probably sign a Lowry and still sign Galloway for the minimum deal he deserves.

3 minutes ago, ViewsFromTheSquawk said:

Yes they've also been linked to galloway. He's a decent player and for a decent price he could be a steal as a backup point for a team needing one. 

They have a backup in Mills, they need a starter with TP's injury.

Next team up is lead by our good friend Quinn Snyder and it's the Utah Jazz. The Jazz are a franchise that knows how to rebuild pretty well with the roster they put together over the last few years.

The restricted free agent is Joe Ingles. This guy is a very slow and methodical plunger, a controlled type of game much like Dario Saric in my opinion, relies on angles more than speed and a lovely southpaw at that. Do I like him? Yes. How much is his price tag and will Utah keep him around?

The big HUGE fish in their unrestricted pool of free agents is Gordon Hayward. He is probably the top 5 most perfect fit in the NBA for us in my opinion. I don't think we can even afford this is he wanted to come join us which stinks. If our new GM Schlenk can work some magic and get rid of our hefty unwanted contracts in Dwight and Baze, we could have a shot. 

George Hill is up next who was part of our Jeff Teague trade. I like Hill but not enough to try and sign him. The only way would be if Dennis was traded and that's not happening.

Another point guard and old friend Sheldon (Nique) Mack is next. He is a solid backup pg in my opinion and I could see Bud wanting him back but personally I'm hoping we can go with a bigger name vet to fill the role of the backup pg position for us.

Lastly, Jeff Withey. An agile big man around the hoop and can surprise you with his length and quickness for his size. I wouldn't mind signing him for some interior defense off the pine.

Thoughts on the Jazz?

IMG_0038.PNG

The very last and ironically most hated team of the 2016/17 campaign for the Hawks, the Washington Bullets. Obviously a great backcourt, but they still have some holes on their roster.

Their first restricted free agent is Bojan Bogdanovic. A good outside shooter than can also put the ball on the floor. His size, strength and defense are the major missing links in his game. I'm gonna pass on him as I think we can do better for our bench.

Trey Burke is next and this guy's career is in jeopardy in my opinion. I'm not sure if any team is gonna give him a big contract or a contract at all. He probably gets a qualifying offer from the Wiz.

Otto Porter Jr. is the final restricted free agent. He came on pretty big this past year after getting off to a somewhat rocky start out of college. The guy is a legit 3 man that can stroke it from the outside and has a nice defensive game as well. I think he's a big part of their future and they will most likely match any team's offer for Porter.

They only have one unrestricted guy and he's a special kind of player, he's @kg01's favorite type of guy...you guessed it, a chucker! :-) I don't want to have ANYTHING to do with him. The guy is a perfect streetballer but in the NBA, he's got a ton of holes in his game. A big pass on BJ, better known as Brandon Jennings.

Thoughts on the Bullets? Lol.

IMG_0039.PNG

IMG_0046.GIF

I just wanted to thank everyone for the past two weeks, and now our program concludes...

PS It will be fun to go back to this thread in a couple of months and see where everyone landed.

• Premium Member
27 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

I just wanted to thank everyone for the past two weeks, and now our program concludes...

PS It will be fun to go back to this thread in a couple of months and see where everyone landed.

Thanks for doing it.  Was very informative for those of us too lazy to look up that information ourselves!!

• Like 2

Ingles, Withey and Mack  (if we can move #Delaney Sucks) from Utah.

Porter is staying in Wizland, nothing else from Wiz I'd want. Good job

@Spud2Nique.

This was fun and informative. Free agent class sucks. Mostly benchies.

3 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Ingles, Withey and Mack  (if we can move #Delaney Sucks) from Utah.

Porter is staying in Wizland, nothing else from Wiz I'd want. Good job

@Spud2Nique.

This was fun and informative. Free agent class sucks. Mostly benchies.

Yes it was kinda fun. I'm just sad that I picked what could turn out to be the shallowest free agent class in a while. Slim pickins for sure. Hopefully next year after we win the title, we will only be looking to tinker our roster. :-)

6 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

Yes it was kinda fun. I'm just sad that I picked what could turn out to be the shallowest free agent class in a while. Slim pickins for sure. Hopefully next year after we win the title, we will only be looking to tinker our roster. :-)

It's a weak class for UFA's that would come to Atlanta. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, ViewsFromTheSquawk said:

Of the last 2 teams I'd take Otto Porter (more so than Hayward especially considering the value) and of course the....  

Wait a sec...I like Otto too but no way in hell over Hayward. Hmmmm...

7 hours ago, ViewsFromTheSquawk said:

Of the last 2 teams I'd take Otto Porter (more so than Hayward especially considering the value) and of course the....  

I needed to give you a like, for return of the mack ;-)

• Admin
37 minutes ago, ViewsFromTheSquawk said:

Make no mistake @Spud2Nique if Hayward wants to play here than by all means I'd be happy to bring him on, but for the money I feel like otto could be a steal this Free Agency season

There is talk of a max contract for him so it's more and overpay then a steal

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

If we lose Tim, I would love to get Ben Mac. 3/15. He is a fit in our system and with quality coaching. It sad to see how many people grew on our team and see how many regressed on there's. 

I agree that if he started out his career with a Bud or a Pop he'd be 10X the player he is today. He was supposed to be Ray Allen. He did kick our butt in Sacramento this year if I'm not mistaken but I'd still rather not gamble on this guy personally.

6 hours ago, NBASupes said:

If we lose Tim, I would love to get Ben Mac. 3/15. He is a fit in our system and with quality coaching. It sad to see how many people grew on our team and see how many regressed on there's. 

I'd rather not.