• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Moving up in the Draft from #19

Y'all are sleeping on Jonathan Isaac. Will prolly go anywhere between 6th and 9th pick. Can play both SF/PF, is 6'11" with a 7'1" wingspan and standing reach over 9', has good shooting potential, and is agile and athletic. Known for D and quickness/ability to switch on guards. Comparisons to Durant. Only 210lbs, but has put on 20lbs in the last 2 years and could prolly reach 230-240 (transition/pace/space) with intense nutrition/workout regime. Let Sap walk, start Ilyasovavichkov, bundle picks and move up and draft Isaac.

Edited by hazer
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, hazer said:

Y'all are sleeping on Jonathan Isaac. Will prolly go anywhere between 6th and 9th pick. Can play both SF/PF, is 6'11" with a 7'1" wingspan and standing reach over 9', has good shooting potential, and is agile and athletic. Known for D and quickness/ability to switch on guards. Comparisons to Durant. Only 210lbs, but has put on 20lbs in the last 2 years and could prolly reach 225-230 with intense nutrition/workout regime. Let Sap walk, start Ilyasovavichkov, bundle picks and move up and draft Isaac.

@hazerI have a rooting interest in this kid.  One of my child hood friends grew up with his mother (I don't know her), So he's from my neck of the woods. I only found out a few days ago from a facebook post and I've been looking at his scouting reports etc.  I like what I see.

Who/what can we trade to get in the mix to move up from #19?

Orlando(6), Minny(7), NYK(8) Dallas(9() are in those lottery  slots.

Teague got is #12 in a weaker draft.  I would target Minny. I don't think they need more young guys if they are trying to make the playoffs.

Here's my offer for Minny's #7 pick (doubt it's enough):

Baze (they need defense in the worse way, Thibs would love Baze), plus Lavine will be coming back from ACL injury, Shabazz is a free agent. Baze can fill in at SG/SF

#19,

They can have their own 2018 1st back and I'd even throw in the Cavs 2019 1st.

Too much or not enough?

20 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

@hazerI have a rooting interest in this kid.  One of my child hood friends grew up with his mother (I don't know her), So he's from my neck of the woods. I only found out a few days ago from a facebook post and I've been looking at his scouting reports etc.  I like what I see.

Teague got is #12 in a weaker draft.  I would target Minny. I don't think they need more young guys if they are trying to make the playoffs.

Baze (they need defense in the worse way, Thibs would love Baze), plus Lavine will be coming back from ACL injury, Shabazz is a free agent. Baze can fill in at SG/SF

#19,

Too much or not enough?

My favorite prospect, and fits a Hawks need if we're not re-signing Sap. A combo forward, would be more versatile than Sap as a genuine option at the 3 as well as the 4. This kid has the tools to be a big star if developed correctly. Awesome story about knowing his mom indirectly, I grew up in SW Georgia only 90 minutes north of FSU and would've gone to college there if I hadn't stayed in-state at UGA. Was always my 2nd choice. But that was a long time ago :P

You're right, Minny is the perfect trade partner at #7 for all the reasons you mentioned. And I think some mocks have Isaac going 7th. I'd make them EXACTLY the same offer: Baze/19th/their own 1st/Cavs 1st. Hawks may have their own lottery picks in '18 and '19 anyway, if we don't re-sign Sap. Which would be the point, right?

Have a feeling this kid is gonna be gooooooooooooood. Let's bookmark this one ;)

Edited by hazer
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

#19,

Too much or not enough?

It sounds like a good deal but I really don't want to move the Minny and the Cavs pick to move up 12 spots in a draft that if we focused we could probably get a guy we liked at 19. 

What is Isaac's attitude @hazer. If he has a Draymond Green/Jimmy Butler attitude I'm in...if he has a Jeff Teague (too cool for school) then I'm out. 

Whatever we do, I think a certain amount of excitement lays ahead as Schlenk is gonna do work for us.

29 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

#19,

Too much or not enough?

@JayBirdHawk...the only reason I don't want to give the Minny or Cavs pick is because Schlenk is apparently an awesome drafter. 

If you offered this a week ago i woulda said hell yes but if we accumulated this many picks in the upcoming drafts, shouldn't we allow the guy who we hired, whose forte is the drafting to do just that for us?

I think we have Schlenk a loaded tool box with many draft picks in the next few years...now he's gotta show us he can find the right players.

17 minutes ago, Flight said:

If we move up it would have to be into the top 10 for it to be worth it. At 19 we could just about get the same quality talent that 10-14 will be getting. 

Exactly. Like me and @JayBirdHawk were discussing Minny's #7, which is where Isaac is being projected.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, hazer said:

Y'all are sleeping on Jonathan Isaac. Will prolly go anywhere between 6th and 9th pick. Can play both SF/PF, is 6'11" with a 7'1" wingspan and standing reach over 9', has good shooting potential, and is agile and athletic. Known for D and quickness/ability to switch on guards. Comparisons to Durant. Only 210lbs, but has put on 20lbs in the last 2 years and could prolly reach 230-240 (transition/pace/space) with intense nutrition/workout regime. Let Sap walk, start Ilyasovavichkov, bundle picks and move up and draft Isaac.

I don't think he compares to Durant at all. I love Isaac though, I think he's the third best prospect in this class. I don't really have a comparison for him but he's gonna be a cornerstone on defense.

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

What is Isaac's attitude @hazer. If he has a Draymond Green/Jimmy Butler attitude I'm in...if he has a Jeff Teague (too cool for school) then I'm out.

I've heard of no attitude or off-the-court issues, and he's known as a high effort guy who tries hard and hustles. He'll never be a banger at 4, but will still need to go all in with a nutrition/workout plan to add weight/muscle.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, DBac said:

I don't think he compares to Durant at all. I love Isaac though, I think he's the third best prospect in this class. I don't really have a comparison for him but he's gonna be a cornerstone on defense.

Wasn't my comparison, just read that in a couple of places. Agreed on the D, possibly even  3D star potential. Shot 80% on freebies and over 35% from deep. The fast, long, 3D stretch 4 (and 3) that I bet Bud covets.

1 hour ago, Spud2Nique said:

It sounds like a good deal but I really don't want to move the Minny and the Cavs pick to move up 12 spots in a draft that if we focused we could probably get a guy we liked at 19. 

Whatever we do, I think a certain amount of excitement lays ahead as Schlenk is gonna do work for us.

I get keeping the picks, Schlenk makes the deal only if he see's Isaac (as his Steph/Klay/Draymond), the 1st piece to his puzzle.

24 minutes ago, hazer said:

Exactly. Like me and @JayBirdHawk were discussing Minny's #7, which is where Isaac is being projected.

Only problem with that is I feel like Orlando may take him at 6, unless they get Dennis Smith. And in that case us getting BPA, we'd be left with one of; Frank (Could be good but heavily unproven), Smith (another 6'2 PG isn't ideal but he definitely plays with fire) or Malik Monk (I wouldn't be mad at us getting Leek, he's not the best measurables wise but he can light it up and play D) 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Flight said:

Only problem with that is I feel like Orlando may take him at 6, unless they get Dennis Smith. And in that case us getting BPA, we'd be left with one of; Frank (Could be good but heavily unproven), Smith (another 6'2 PG isn't ideal but he definitely plays with fire) or Malik Monk (I wouldn't be mad at us getting Leek, he's not the best measurables wise but he can light it up and play D) 

I have no idea what Orlando is doing with their roster.

9 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I have no idea what Orlando is doing with their roster.

That's what makes it hard to trade for a pick after them. They could virtually use a potential upgrade at every position. 

Edited by Flight

55 minutes ago, Flight said:

True, I've read a couple of articles about Orlando's 6th and Isaac so he may go that high. So we just trade up for their 6th then. Bye bye #19, Minny's 1st, and Cavs's 1st. Could they use Baze though? But like @JayBirdHawk mentioned, Colonel Schlenk's scouting/drafting record with Curry/Thompson/Green does make keeping all the picks an intriguing and exciting prospect. Regardless, should be a good show whichever route they choose. I'm buying a Costco size box of microwave popcorn

• Like 2

Billy Knight would've mortgaged the franchise for this guy, Isaac is the player he was always looking for all that time. Super long, fast/quick/agile, hybrid 3/4, 3D. Knight was an aloof jerk, but was way ahead of his time.

Edited by hazer
  • Like 2

33 minutes ago, hazer said:

Billy Knight would've mortgaged the franchise for this guy, Isaac is the player he was always looking for all that time. Super long, fast/quick/agile, hybrid 3/4, 3D. Knight was an aloof jerk, but was way ahead of his time.

Billy's problem was that he did this every draft, lol.

48 minutes ago, hazer said:

But like @JayBirdHawk mentioned, Colonel Schlenk's scouting/drafting record with Curry/Thompson/Green does make keeping all the picks an intriguing and exciting prospect.

That was me. Lol. I understand getting mistaken on the phone for being a woman but this is too much....:-(

3 hours ago, Spud2Nique said:

I think we have Schlenk a loaded tool box with many draft picks in the next few years...now he's gotta show us he can find the right players.