• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I believe Howard can change

JTB

• Premium Member
Just now, Lurker said:

I just trust it more than basketball reference because of what has been quoted on it.

So you really think that Bazemore, Muscala and Ilyasova were our best offensive players in that series?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Sorry Lurker, Your site is no good.

It's better than the site that overestimates efficiency and only looks at straight up one on one defense. Dwight is not one of the best offensive players in the NBA.

14 minutes ago, JTB said:

That is really just my whole point. I believe "full time coach bud" is going to change Howard and get Howard up to speed while also getting him to commit to a style he can basically dominate in.

doesnt matter if anyone  hate Howard or not there's two things people  can't deny about his effectiveness on a game if he buys in and that's setting clean picks and rolling hard to the goal putting pressure on the rim. Howard does that and all of you will fall in love with him. Howard can do warriors bogut job way better than bogut if he commits....and it's worth keeping him around to see if bud and staff can get him going in this direction.

If it were only that simple. Look, I was a Dwight hater until he came to Atlanta in which case I had to like him. Bud had minimal time with him during last summer because of the free agency and all that looming. 

I think if Bud and the staff get this entire summer with him, they can teach him the Hawk way of balling and get him to do those very things you hit on with the clean hard screens and rolling hard to the hoop, perhaps even shooting a bit from the outside..(although I have to admit I don't see it happening with Dwight).

My concern is if Dwight really wants it or is he satisfied going through the motions until the end of his career. I'm hoping he can somehow get motivated and lead us to great things.

6 hours ago, Spud2Nique said:

If it were only that simple. Look, I was a Dwight hater until he came to Atlanta in which case I had to like him. Bud had minimal time with him during last summer because of the free agency and all that looming. 

I think if Bud and the staff get this entire summer with him, they can teach him the Hawk way of balling and get him to do those very things you hit on with the clean hard screens and rolling hard to the hoop, perhaps even shooting a bit from the outside..(although I have to admit I don't see it happening with Dwight).

My concern is if Dwight really wants it or is he satisfied going through the motions until the end of his career. I'm hoping he can somehow get motivated and lead us to great things.

This.

It's less about Bud teaching him....it's about his mindset and his approach to the game.  If he thinks he's still Orlando Dwight - be still an offensive focus, worried about touches/minutes etc., he'll never fully embrace his role and it'll be a failed experiment.

You know that saying...old dog new tricks...he has to change his perception of what his game is in today's NBA.

8 hours ago, Flight said:

We are really in here, arguing about Dwight vs Mike Muscala......

This needs to be it's own thread, lol. C'mon Mods - do we have a player comparison forum. Let's hope no non-Hawks fan see it cause they'll wanna know what the hell is a Muscala.

I have my own issues with Dwight but this is stupid.

Dwight has some serious flaws that he needs to work on this summer. But he's a double/double macheen. If he fully buys into Bud's PnR academy this offseason, he could be lethal. If not, dump him at the deadline...

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

Sorry Lurker, Your site is no good.

This will clear it up, somewhat.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/about/ratings.html

The difference between how basketball-reference keeps the offensive and defensive ratings, and how nba.com does it, is that B-R does it on an INDIVIDUAL basis, while nba.com assigns the rating to players according to what the TEAM does, while he is in the game.  There is a difference.

It's inaccurate to give a person a high offensive or defensive rating, just because the team played well while they're in the game, but actually had no impact, or was a detriment individually.  

This is why B-R is much more accurate in assessing an individual's impact on the game from an ORtg and DRtg standpoint, than nba.com.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

This will clear it up, somewhat.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/about/ratings.html

The difference between how basketball-reference keeps the offensive and defensive ratings, and how nba.com does it, is that B-R does it on an INDIVIDUAL basis, while nba.com assigns the rating to players according to what the TEAM does, while he is in the game.  There is a difference.

It's inaccurate to give a person a high offensive or defensive rating, just because the team played well while they're in the game, but actually had no impact, or was a detriment individually.  

This is why B-R is much more accurate in assessing an individual's impact on the game from an ORtg and DRtg standpoint, than nba.com.

No it's not! It grossly overrates being an efficient player! You only like it because your golden boy, Dwight Howard is seen as one of the best players in the NBA if you go by it.

Dwight Howard is, make no mistake, an absolutely TERRIBLE player that should NOT be in the NBA at all. He is MEANINGLESS and make no mistake, the Hawks LOSE the series if he is still treated like a star caliber player.

55 minutes ago, hazer said:

Dwight has some serious flaws that he needs to work on this summer. But he's a double/double macheen. If he fully buys into Bud's PnR academy this offseason, he could be lethal. If not, dump him at the deadline...

Exactly and I agree...if he can't fully buy into the "warriors bogut role" by trade deadline he will need to be traded but let's give him another chance first! Lol

im sure we can find a team looking to trade for what would nearly be an expiring contract.

• Like 2

Dwight is trash. It's his way or the highway unless he is GUARANTEED that he will win games in a role. Dwight in the post is TERRIBLE offense. Every Dwight post touch is a mistake.

Unless you suddenly transplant Dwight to Golden State or sign LeBron, Dwight will be Dwight.

Edited by Lurker