• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I believe Howard can change

JTB

Russia actually was first to the moon but an analyst botched the landing codes and their ship missed the mark by a matter of about 5 miles.

Those brave astronauts are halfway to Uranus by now.

True story.  That analyst's name?  Dwight Howard.

Yours truly,

@Lurker

6 minutes ago, Lurker said:

No it's not! It grossly overrates being an efficient player! You only like it because your golden boy, Dwight Howard is seen as one of the best players in the NBA if you go by it.

Dwight Howard is, make no mistake, an absolutely TERRIBLE player that should NOT be in the NBA at all. He is MEANINGLESS and make no mistake, the Hawks LOSE the series if he is still treated like a star caliber player.

No.  I've been using this site as a reference for years.   Their ORtg and DRtg are definitely accurate to what you see out on the floor.  I'm not even a Dwight Howard fan, but I'm not a hater either.

According to nba.com in the regular season, Taurean Prince was #5 in the league in defensive rating.  Malcolm Delaney was #14.  Do you really believe that?

Stephen Curry is #20, by the way

http://stats.nba.com/players/advanced/#!?sort=DEF_RATING&dir=-1&CF=MIN*GE*15&Season=2016-17&SeasonType=Regular Season

• Like 1

Just now, TheNorthCydeRises said:

No.  I've been using this site as a reference for years.   Their ORtg and DRtg are definitely accurate to what you see out on the floor.  I'm not even a Dwight Howard fan, but I'm not a hater either.

According to nba.com in the regular season, Taurean Prince was #5 in the league in defensive rating.  Malcolm Delaney was #14.  Do you really believe that?

Stephen Curry is #20, by the way

http://stats.nba.com/players/advanced/#!?sort=DEF_RATING&dir=-1&CF=MIN*GE*15&Season=2016-17&SeasonType=Regular Season

Sorry, but it's trash. It throws out PNR defense and makes only 1 on 1 straight up defense and efficiency matter. It is not all that matters, and yes, your boy, DWIGHT sucks at everything.

Just now, Lurker said:

Sorry, but it's trash. It throws out PNR defense and makes only 1 on 1 straight up defense and efficiency matter. It is not all that matters, and yes, your boy, DWIGHT sucks at everything.

Can't you pull up actual numbers on Dwight's pick and roll defense?   Post them please, to show how awful he was.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

One of the worst movies of all time.  At least the 1st one was decent.  The 2nd one was garbage, and just had a bunch of celebs thrown together in it.

True story.

The studio balked at the sequel.  Said it'd just be a hodge podge of celebrities thrown together looking for cameos.  The project sat on the shelf for years until a misguided intern vouched for it to the company President.  That intern's name ... Dwight Howard.

Sincerely, @Lurker

5 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

One of the worst movies of all time.  At least the 1st one was decent.  The 2nd one was garbage, and just had a bunch of celebs thrown together in it.

That's what was so cool about it. I mean Dean Martin and Jackie Chan in a race, not knowing what the heck they are doing (as far as acting)...lol...I don't know but I loved part 2 as a kid. Lol.

2 minutes ago, kg01 said:

True story.

The studio balked at the sequel.  Said it'd just be a hodge podge of celebrities thrown together looking for cameos.  The project sat on the shelf for years until a misguided intern vouched for it to the company President.  That intern's name ... Dwight Howard.

Sincerely, @Lurker

OK . . this one made me LOL.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

IMG_0132.JPG

At least the movie tried to be entertaining (poorly that is), this thread on the other hand has just gone to shatsville.  

• Like 2

Just now, Thomas said:

At least the movie tried to be entertaining (poorly that is), this thread on the other hand has just gone to shatsville.  

The mayor of Shatsville, the ill-fated town built around a billion dollar manure empire, .... Dwight Howard. 

Sincerely, @Lurker

8 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Can't you pull up actual numbers on Dwight's pick and roll defense?   Post them please, to show how awful he was.

Here you go.  Saved you some time.  Since you trust nba.com stats so much, I'll use them.

PICK AND ROLL MAN

Regular season:

http://stats.nba.com/players/roll-man/#!?Season=2016-17&SeasonType=Regular Season&sort=TeamNameAbbreviation&dir=-1&OD=defensive

Playoffs:

http://stats.nba.com/players/roll-man/#!?Season=2016-17&SeasonType=Playoffs&sort=TeamNameAbbreviation&dir=-1&OD=defensive

PICK AND ROLL BALL HANDLER

Regular season:

http://stats.nba.com/players/ball-handler/#!?sort=TeamNameAbbreviation&dir=-1&Season=2016-17&SeasonType=Regular Season&OD=defensive

Playoffs:

http://stats.nba.com/players/ball-handler/#!?sort=TeamNameAbbreviation&dir=-1&Season=2016-17&SeasonType=Playoffs&OD=defensive

Not my lyrics but it fits somehow. Bad environment in here. Courtesy of the incredible but sadly departed Frank Zappa.

it stinks so bad the stones been chokin'

• Like 1

• Premium Member
23 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Dwight is trash. It's his way or the highway unless he is GUARANTEED that he will win games in a role. Dwight in the post is TERRIBLE offense. Every Dwight post touch is a mistake.

Unless you suddenly transplant Dwight to Golden State or sign LeBron, Dwight will be Dwight.

Calm down Lurker...I hope that you are a young person because you appear to be a little high strung.  I don't know what this is between you and Howard but you shouldn't get your blood pressure up over it unless you truly are James Harding, Kobe or one of his baby mama's. 

in any event,  let's just take a wait and see approach to the Howard situation.  Hopefully Bud will live up to his hype as this master coach and get more out of Dwight this up coming season.  If Dwight can lean out like Sap did this past season, we should see a much better Howard next season. And if he does improve, you should be happy because you are a Hawks fan.  If he improves and you are still unhappy then we know there is indeed another hidden agenda in play.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Peoriabird said:

Calm down Lurker...I hope that you are a young person because you appear to be a little high strung.  I don't know what this is between you and Howard but you shouldn't get your blood pressure up over it unless you truly are James Harding, Kobe or one of his baby mama's. 

in any event,  let's just take a wait and see approach to the Howard situation.  Hopefully Bud will live up to his hype as this master coach and get more out of Dwight this up coming season.  If Dwight can lean out like Sap did this past season, we should see a much better Howard next season. And if he does improve, you should be happy because you are a Hawks fan.  If he improves and you are still unhappy then we know there is indeed another hidden agenda in play.

He's unreachable. Unless you transfer him to a title contending team, its his way or the highway. He'll cry and moan if he can't get to "post". Doesn't matter who coaches him, as he's a coach and GM killer.

True story.

There actually were w.m.d.'s in Iraq. Unfortunately, a military contractor inadvertently tipped off Sadaam himself in a rambling, drunken soliloquy that got him ejected from a Saudi brothel.

That contractor's name .... Dwight Howard. 

Yours truly,  @Lurker

13 minutes ago, kg01 said:

a military contractor inadvertently tipped off Sadaam himself in a rambling, drunken soliloquy that got him ejected from a Saudi brothel.

Thats the guy who walked away with six million in cash I believe. Not so inadvertent. Sorry for actually being real for a moment. 

• Like 1