• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Bucks seek permission to interview Wes Wilcox.

• Moderators
55 minutes ago, MaceCase said:

His knowledge could be as extensive as Orlando's

620x349

It actually made me think of that list.  I don't think these are closely guarded secrets in most organizations and that there is a lot of water cooler type back and forth about different options for both the draft and FA.  Most teams aren't dumb enough to let it get captured in a photo but losing your former GM this close to the draft raises big red flags for me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AHF said:

Hard to believe Wes doesn't know who we are eyeing.

He knows exactly who we WERE eying...

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, kg01 said:

@MaceCase is probably right.  However, if Wilcox isn't able to glean who we're after by now then he's as bad a GM as many of us think he is.

Higher in the draft, Wilcox would know who we're after because it would be pretty clear who would likely be available.

All the way back at #19? I believe Schlenk specified there are 9 guys we're evaluating, present tense. Seems believable enough to me, though probably only half of those are realistic. Regardless, I don't think any final decisions have been made, especially with the Colonel now in command of it all... and so, probably it will still yet be between 2 or 3 even going into draft night.

Many of us here on the dark island are more concerned that Bud wasn't at Schlenk's presser... but maybe that's just us. *wink*

• Like 1

18 hours ago, hazer said:

Wes has the Budcox draft board, I seriously doubt he has the Schlenkholzer draft board. Let him go up there a try to steal what he thinks is the Hawks' diamond in the rough. Meanwhile, the Colonel pulls the real trigger. Maybe they're even decoying him :ninja:

Espionage in the NBA, the Hawk's version. Wes may be our...

• Like 2

I just can't imagine they allowed him to see any team/draft prep that took place after his drop ded date. 

IOW, the data he has that could hurt us is likely negligible.

I kinda also think the Bucks are gonna be all, "Mmyeah Wayne, we decided to go in another direction at GM. ... but thanks for all that Hawks intel ...."

Then Wilcox is all, "... b ... but my name's not Wayne."

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, kg01 said:

IOW, the data he has that could hurt us is likely negligible.

Yep. And if we're not going to involve him legitimately anymore, than I really can't root against him. He seems like a good guy, and deserves a chance... particularly so, if in fact, he was on the right side of most of all the wrong personnel decisions made over the last couple of years. Hard to know where he and Bud were in lock-step and where the two clashed other than the generally-accepted idea that they disagreed on trading Sap in February.

Zooming out...

I just think there's something smart about holding on to people that other teams appear to value, as we've seen discussed here recently concerning losing our assistant coach talent. Granted, you can't bar these guys from ascending the ladder, but you perhaps can make it so comfortable here that they don't leave at the first or maybe even second job offer... eg, Schlenk was eventually going to leave GSW, but they got, what 12(?) years worth of contributions from him... I think that's the goal in a general sense.

The quicker that your best people exit, the harder it is on the organization to withstand the talent drain.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, sturt said:

Yep. And if we're not going to involve him legitimately anymore, than I really can't root against him. He seems like a good guy, and deserves a chance... particularly so, if in fact, he was on the right side of most of all the wrong personnel decisions made over the last couple of years. Hard to know where he and Bud were in lock-step and where the two clashed other than the generally-accepted idea that they disagreed on trading Sap in February.

Zooming out...

I just think there's something smart about holding on to people that other teams appear to value, as we've seen discussed here recently concerning losing our assistant coach talent. Granted, you can't bar these guys from ascending the ladder, but you perhaps can make it so comfortable here that they don't leave at the first or maybe even second job offer... eg, Schlenk was eventually going to leave GSW, but they got, what 12(?) years worth of contributions from him... I think that's the goal in a general sense.

The quicker that your best people exit, the harder it is on the organization to withstand the talent drain.

Lot of assumption based on "reports" though.  I was happy with his drafts but it could be possible he was pro Baze contract or pro some other bad moovs.  We just don't know.  We certainly don't know enough to say definitively that he's one we haveta hang onto.

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, kg01 said:

Lot of assumption based on "reports" though.  I was happy with his drafts but it could be possible he was pro Baze contract or pro some other bad moovs.  We just don't know.  We certainly don't know enough to say definitively that he's one we haveta hang onto.

Aside: One of the refreshing things about this forum is the wide acceptance that we only know what we know, and just as importantly, we don't know what we don't know. Not typical of others I've visited.

• Like 1

After the draft. How many times does it have to be repeated by anyone/hell everyone, whether he had any access to pertinent information or not. No reason to take that chance in the first place but here we are. 

• Like 4

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, kg01 said:

Based on ......

Reasonable question.

I'd say based on the premise that another team would have to feel better about you as a candidate if they perceived you were discreet in that way and respectful to your current team--because, in fact, it would naturally occur to them, "if his scruples allow him loose lips and allow him to burn them, then who's to say he wouldn't be one to burn us some day all the same?"

• Like 3