• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Steal of the Draft: Jonah Bolden

TheFuzz

Ok, I'm doing my annual combing of the prospects (missed out on college ball this year, so some of this might be off base), and in my watching/reading the name Jonah Bolden came up. This kid looks REALLY good, and he's projected to go 43. I would take him with #19, tbh. Much like Prince, if he's your guy he's your guy and you don't want to risk it. Is anybody mad about the Prince pick now? Pick Bolden! He's a fluid, versatile, 2 way 4 that could bring some of what Millsap does, getting stats in a more competitive league over seas. Check him out...

Edited by TheFuzz

19 minutes ago, Lurker said:

We've discussed him for awhile on a different thread.

Maybe. Wouldn't be my first choice but if I can somehow snag Donovan Mitchell in the first, even with a trade up, he'd be on a list of big men I'd consider.

Which thread? Curious to see what y'all think.

56 minutes ago, hazer said:

Might still be available with the 60th pick if Spurs don't snag him at 59...

Don't count on it, Draft Express just updated their Mock and they now have Jonah at pick 46. Also they now have Ivan Rabb as the 31t pick to us.  My question to you and others, if this was a "real" scenario and you are Travis Schlenk would you go ahead and Draft Ivan Rabb, who was slated as a first rounder or would you take a chance on Johan Bolden at 31?

Edited by Blunt91

1 minute ago, Blunt91 said:

Don't count on it, Draft Express just updated their Mock and they now have Jonah at pick 46. Also they now have Ivan Rabb as the 31t pick to us.  My question to you and others, if this was a "real" scenario and you are Travis Schlenk would you go ahead and Draft Ivan Rabb, who was slated as a first rounder or would you take a chance on Johan Bolden?

NBAdraft dot Net still has Bolden at 59th to the Spurs, but hasn't been updated since 5/24. I'd think about him at 31, but definitely not 19th. I wouldn't be offended at all by Rabb at 19.

4 minutes ago, hazer said:

NBAdraft dot Net still has Bolden at 59th to the Spurs, but hasn't been updated since 5/24. I'd think about him at 31, but definitely not 19th. I wouldn't be offended at all by Rabb at 19.

I really don't like Rabb and would much rather have Bolden than him at 19. I think Bolden will probably go from 28-40. Someone will take a shot on the upside which probably won't still be available then. I'd watch for the teams with extra picks too.

3 minutes ago, CP61 said:

I really don't like Rabb and would much rather have Bolden than him at 19. I think Bolden will probably go from 28-40. Someone will take a shot on the upside which probably won't still be available then. I'd watch for the teams with extra picks too.

That's why I said take Bolden at 31 if he's still there. 19 is just way to high IMO.

Edited by hazer

31st pick is going to be the interesting one. At 19, BPA. But some intriguing options at 31.

13 minutes ago, hazer said:

31st pick is going to be the interesting one. At 19, BPA. But some intriguing options at 31.

Semi at 31 for me if he's still there..

Also..

Rabb>Bolden

Rabb is a guy that is young and is a tremendous rebounder. We'd be pretty lucky to have him in my opinion. I saw him first hand at Cal with Jaylen Brown. He's legit. 

6 minutes ago, CP61 said:

He's good pick at 60 I suppose. @Spud2Nique I've been reading around on Semi, and apparently he's wowing everyone in his interviews and workouts. I think the Hawks will have to get him at 19 or not at all.

Ya I thought he would move up but I'm still thinking 25-30 but we are at 31 so it's either trading into 25-30 somehow or I guess taking him at 19. Guess we shall see. We are capable of moving up or down..who knows maybe we get another first in the 20-30 range.