• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

How about ...

Diesel

8 hours ago, macdaddy said:

I agree with the first part but I don't see anyway Lebron leaves the Cavs.   He's too concerned about his image at this point and he knows that will kill it.

Agreed, he'll retire a Cav...

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, hazer said:

And he's always been a pu$$y, I've never understood the Love love :gtfo:

Honestly if Lebron can't get your motor going, Dwight isn't going to either ...ok bad example :-X

10 hours ago, ISOJOE said:

I don't think that Klay will be available (I like the ideal though) but Love could be. 

The Cavs need two two-way wings to put LeBron at PF.

How about:

Hawks: Love

Cavs: Prince, Wes Matthews (+Bembry)

Mavs: Future Hawks Firstroundpick

I love Prince but we desperately need star talent.

Log off and never log back in again.... 

12 hours ago, AHF said:

Problem is they don't have to take much of a paycut to be on easy street to rings.

Here are the basics of how the GS thing breaks down (considering they've been brought up numerous times in numerous threads).  First, Durant has said he is willing to take less than the max to stay in GS. He is scheduled to make $27 million this year and could make as much $35 million. It is safe to say he'll sign for about $30 million to start in GS.  Second, Curry is going to get the max and his max starts at $30.6 million.  So adding up what we know and given a cap of $101 million.

Durant $30 million

Curry $30.6 million

Thompson - $17.8 million (2 years left)

Green - $16.4 million (3 years left)

Jones - $1.2 million

Looney - $1.2 million

McCaw - $0.9 million

Total - $98.1 million

Now they are without a center and we will assume they resign either Pachulia or McGee. In either case, both players will get at least $3 million in the off-season based on this year's performance. Putting them at the cap with 8 players under contract and about 6 of their contributing pieces not returning.

Now, they have no draft picks in this upcoming draft so they can't slide 2nd round picks in to fill out the roster so offering vet minimum salaries is the only way to do this. Vet minimums range between 815k (0 years experience) and just over $2 million (10 years experience).  They would need to fill 5 slots at least for approximately $7 million in salary and will carry 15 like every other team so that's 7 slots at about $10 million.

So even a frugal attempt to put GS back together is about $113 million in salary (6 million more than this year) and could easily get close to the LT at below $122 million if they resign both centers and or Livingston/Iggy etc.

They're bringing back those big 4, but will have to make a decision on Thompson after this coming season and Green in 2 years. I doubt either Green or Thompson could be had this year but Golden state really only has 1 more great year in them before salary starts to play a major role in their team makeup. The lack of draft picks is going to haunt them 3-5 years from now.

• Moderators

In a league with a salary cap and no maximum individual salary, Durant could earn $60M and Curry might earn $50M.  In that world, GS couldn't then afford the rest of the roster without huge, huge tax bills (and even then couldn't get this whole roster together).  It is precisely because the maximum salary allows their stars to earn way below fair market value that the team is able to amass so much more talent than everyone else and they are able to sustain it over multiple years.  It was the same in Miami.  It is the same now in Cleveland.  Let's see Durant turn down 50% of his potential earnings instead of 14%.  Giving up $5M is a ton easier than $30M.  Durant will make an extra $5M in endorsements just showing off his ring.

11 hours ago, DS5 said:

I think Schlenk said something along these lines: "we have good assets to be prepared for a situation like Harden in OKC." I can only think of Klay that will be in a similar situation, and of course the obvious connection with Schlenk. But to be realistic...other teams with better assets could offer better packages for him. Maybe GS wants Baze back???? Sigh....

I don't see anyone in a Harden-like situation from the 2014 draft.