• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

3 of 5 Top 3PT shooting teams went to Conference Finals

GameTime

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

Shooting, in many ways, is a great equalizer.  The NBA version of 'puncher's chance'.

How did the Celtics beat the Cavs? They shot the lights out. Shoot, look how much better the Rockets got just by dropping Dwight and adding a bunch of shooters. They went from an 8 seed to 2 wins from the Western Conference Finals. 

• Like 1

I say shooting is critical as @GameTime points out without a doubt...I think we should start getting defensive perimeter guys to combat that. Just some dudes that are quick and long. I know, easier said than done.

8 minutes ago, CP61 said:

How did the Celtics beat the Cavs? They shot the lights out. Shoot, look how much better the Rockets got just by dropping Dwight and adding a bunch of shooters. They went from an 8 seed to 2 wins from the Western Conference Finals. 

Stahhp.

Just now, Spud2Nique said:

I say shooting is critical as @GameTime points out without a doubt...I think we should start getting defensive perimeter guys to combat that. Just some dudes that are quick and long. I know, easier said than done.

SausageSchlenk says linth is a focus for him so likely you'll get your wish.

2 minutes ago, kg01 said:

SausageSchlenk says linth is a focus for him so likely you'll get your wish.

Justin Jackson or Donovan Mitchell? Lol....please no Edy Tavares...I don't want length alone it needs to be accompanied by talent..lol.

1 hour ago, Spud2Nique said:

Justin Jackson or Donovan Mitchell? Lol....please no Edy Tavares...I don't want length alone it needs to be accompanied by talent..lol.

Great picks. Don't sleep on Luke Kennard. Best shooter in the draft and has crafty handles. Reminds me of a less athletic Gordon Hayward or Jeff Hornacek. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, GameTime said:

Great picks. Don't sleep on Luke Kennard. Best shooter in the draft and has crafty handles. Reminds me of a less athletic Gordon Hayward or Jeff Hornacek. 

I think he will be a fine player. Pairing him with Dennis isn't ideal though because I don't think he's long or quick enough to be a good defender, and we saw what Dennis paired with a bad defender was like against the Wizards. Also, he's got a short wingspan, which, according to everything Schlenk has said, is extremely important to him. 

• Like 1

Might have been an aberration but the Rockets actually went to the WCF with Howard the year before the two seasons mentioned earlier. He only played in forty one games so that may be the deal that year. Plenty of stats to look at anyway. Harden playing out of his mind and fighting for the MVP was definitely the difference this season.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/HOU/2015.html

• Like 1

• Moderators
10 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Might have been an aberration but the Rockets actually went to the WCF with Howard the year before the two seasons mentioned earlier. He only played in forty one games so that may be the deal that year. Plenty of stats to look at anyway. Harden playing out of his mind and fighting for the MVP was definitely the difference this season.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/HOU/2015.html

They win a higher % of games with him (71%) than without him and he destroyed in the playoffs so I'll step out on a limb and call him a positive that season.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, AHF said:

They win a higher % of games with him (71%) than without him and he destroyed in the playoffs so I'll step out on a limb and call him a positive that season.

When I pointed to them letting Dwight go, I meant it as a positive in terms of they could spend the money on guys like Ryan Anderson, Eric Gordon, and Lou Williams. 

12 hours ago, Spud2Nique said:

You mean like Thabo, Bazemore, Korver, Carroll and Prince? :mellow:

:Korver::Thabo::Baze::Bud:

• Moderators
16 minutes ago, CP61 said:

When I pointed to them letting Dwight go, I meant it as a positive in terms of they could spend the money on guys like Ryan Anderson, Eric Gordon, and Lou Williams. 

It was clearly a good move for them this offseason.  Harden and Dwight clearly did not get along and Harden froze Dwight out and wouldn't play defense.  This offseason they spent the money on very good role players with major medical risks and all of them were healthy.  That is a recipe for good results.  Add in Harden actually playing a two-way game and it was good things for Houston.

1 hour ago, TheFuzz said:

Lol...kinda...well not Korver or Bud but Thabo qualifies but his age and injuries worry me. 

Ok I'm confused you put up pictures of 4 guys but names 4 different guys..lol..

Thabo and Prince are the only ones who qualify in this post. Thabo is a goner and Prince is our future. But I'm talking about guys like Avery Bradley, Donovan Mitchell types.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, TheFuzz said:

No.  We need guys that can actually shoot and stay on the floor.   Korver and Thabo's best days are behind them although i'd take Korver back in a second.  

2 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

No.  We need guys that can actually shoot and stay on the floor.   Korver and Thabo's best days are behind them although i'd take Korver back in a second.  

You're partly right here, macd.  Let me school you on the rest.

We need guys that can competently shoot it while also being able to put it on the floor competently.  Kyle was skewed too far in one direction (being able to shoot it).  He totally lacked the ability to dribble, thus minimizing his effectiveness as a player.  We need players who trend toward being effective at both.

1 hour ago, Spud2Nique said:

Lol...kinda...well not Korver or Bud but Thabo qualifies but his age and injuries worry me. 

Ok I'm confused you put up pictures of 4 guys but names 4 different guys..lol..

Thabo and Prince are the only ones who qualify in this post. Thabo is a goner and Prince is our future. But I'm talking about guys like Avery Bradley, Donovan Mitchell types.

1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

I know, I'm just being a hardass. Point is I think the FO and coaching staff knows exactly that. Reminder: Ferry/Bud assembled the team with all of those guys on the wings and were a little ahead of the game at that point. What @kg01 alluded to was what held our team back: lack of creators. All of those wings were good (or in Korver and Carroll's case for one season, great) 3&D guys, but we never had more than either Teague or Dennis as a creator from the perimeter. FWIW, I think Hardaway and Prince can be solid 3&D guys who can also create a little bit.

• Like 2