• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Who is the best big man in the league?

HawkItus

Best big man in the league?  

7 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Help settle a debate.  

13 MINUTES AGO, SOTHRON SAID:

KAT is already the best big man in the NBA. Wiggins is almost unstoppable on offense. When have the Hawks have anything like that?

I will talk to you in two years when the TWolves are running into the GSW juggernaught in the playoffs.

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, AHF said:

Soth might have voted for someone other than KAT in that circumstance!

He's more worthy of discussion that Nurkic. I like Nurkic, I seem to remember saying that quite often last season that he would be a good starter on another team. It is too bad we missed the boat on trading for him when Den was practically handing him away.

But Jokic is on another level. His passing is beyond elite. I never thought I'd see a better passing center than A. Sabonis but then Jokic came along.

This is really a 2 man race between Anthony Davis and KAT. I would give the slight edge to Anthony Davis, but it's ever so slight. The fact that AD only plays about 2/3rds of the games because he's injured makes it hard to pass on KAT. AD is a career 29% 3 point shooter and Kat is like 36%, but AD is better at steals and blocks. I can't choose, so just give me them both and I'll figure the rest out later.

Non 2 way centers are not worthy of this list like Nurkic and Jokic. Also, how dare you leave Dwight Howard off this list:Schroder:.

• Like 3

Diving into the numbers, Davis is heavily favored on defense, Towns on offense.  I'm usually defense first but I'll lean toward Towns with the better strength, durability, and intangibles.  They both provide about 4 or 5 moments a game where you're like "wtf" with guard-like moves.  

Can't front on Embiid one bit though.  Of course we have to see more but with a usage of 36%, PER of 24 and DBPM of 3.2 as a rookie the sky seems too low.

I can't even debate with people who mention Cousins.  I'm just like "okay."

Edited by benhillboy