• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Rare Air?

hazer

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, hazer said:

It is! I actually meant other 1st year PGs in the same stratosphere as his kicka$$ playoff nimbers :P

1st year PGs??   Dude has played professional Basketball since 15.  He shared the PG position (roughly 24 mpg) with Teague for 2-3 years.  I'm really grown tired of seeing this lame excuse... First year PG?? Really??  

Why can't Dennis be Rookie of the year?

Why can't he play in the Rookie vs. Sophomore game?

I mean, if you want to convince everybody that he's a first year PG... How is that even relevant when he had 206 games played before this year?

Ok.. so this is what you ought to have asked..

What other PG who has played in 3778 NBA Minutes and 481 NBA Playoff minutes before this season is in the same startosphere as Dennis?

You know the funny thing is that coming into this season...  Dennis had more Playoff Minutes than Isaiah Thomas of the Boston Celtics.

I think you can get my point right??

1 minute ago, Diesel said:

1st year PGs??   Dude has played professional Basketball since 15.  He shared the PG position (roughly 24 mpg) with Teague for 2-3 years.  I'm really grown tired of seeing this lame excuse... First year PG?? Really??  

Why can't Dennis be Rookie of the year?

Why can't he play in the Rookie vs. Sophomore game?

I mean, if you want to convince everybody that he's a first year PG... How is that even relevant when he had 206 games played before this year?

Ok.. so this is what you ought to have asked..

What other PG who has played in 3778 NBA Minutes and 481 NBA Playoff minutes before this season is in the same startosphere as Dennis?

You know the funny thing is that coming into this season...  Dennis had more Playoff Minutes than Isaiah Thomas of the Boston Celtics.

I think you can get my point right??

Here we go! Which was his 1st year as a starter PG?

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, hazer said:

coming into this season...  Dennis had more Playoff Minutes than Isaiah Thomas of the Boston Celtics.

I'm saying First year starter is IRRELEVANT.  It's a poor excuse.  He was more experienced in playoff games than one of the premiere PGs in this league. 

6 minutes ago, Diesel said:

I'm saying First year starter is IRRELEVANT.  It's a poor excuse.  He was more experienced in playoff games than one of the premiere PGs in this league. 

How many of Shredder's fomer mins were with the 2nd team? Extremely relevant...

Edited by hazer

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, hazer said:

How many of Shredder's fomer mins were with the 2nd team? Extremely relevant...

Not so much.   Playoff minutes are playoff minutes.   If you watch basketball you should know that you don't just substitute whole teams.. so there is no second team.  There are reserves.  Moreover, for the last two years, we had a lot of times where we saw Teague and Schro on the court together with the starters.   Why are you looking for excuses for Schro?

First... it was he's a 1st time starter... as if his 4259 mins played as an NBA player meant nothing.   Second. you try to make it seem like he only played in garbage time.  Come on Man.  Stop looking for excuses.  Dennis is an experienced starting PG.  He has been in this system his whole career as an NBA player.  He was a professional player for 4 years before coming to the NBA.   There should be no excuses thrown his way based on experience. 

8 hours ago, KB21 said:

Dennis can function in this offense.  There is this myth that the point guard isn't a high usage player in this style of play.  Tony Parker's usage rate as a 23 year old in SA was 27.1.  Dennis's usage rate this past season was 27.8.  Dennis actually had a higher assist rate as well, 35.5 to 32.2 when you compare them at the same age.  

Now, Tony Parker was much more efficient.  If anything, Dennis needs to get to the basket more often, as this is his strength and is what Tony Parker excelled at as a young player.  

I've read that article many times before and Dennis has often been compared to Parker and that's fine but just because Parker was a good fit for that team doesn't mean he's the best fit for that system. I mean the guy has played most of his career with arguably the greatest PF ever, the best 6th man ever, one of the top 2 way players of all time and oh yeah the greatest coach since Auerbach. 

Take all that away and ask yourself what type of PG is best for a ball movement offense. Someone who's mentality is to score 1st pass later? Or someone who can get by his man at will but instead of looking to always score he uses that opportunity to get the defense off-balance and initiates the rotation of the ball to get someone an open look?

If you can answer that truthfully then you'll see that while Dennis is good, that doesn't make him the right fit for our system. 

13 hours ago, Dolfan23 said:

Not about crickets it's about we have discussed this nearly a show much as the tanking discussions this offseason.

Am I wrong to consider regular season numbers to be more telling than a 6 game sample in the playoffs? For all we know the Wizards may have game planned to let Dennis get his instead of letting Millsap or even Dwight get hot. Or maybe Dennis really could get by Wall at will. That's not surprising as he's excellent at that. Where he has to improve is doing more than looking for his own points when he gets past his man. He has to look to get his teammates going because he's the leader of the team and the offense especially. 

Dennis gets a pass defensively in that series because while Wall did in fact destroy him, Wall is arguably the most dangerous PG in basketball and nobody can stop him when he's not absolutely exhausted. I can't stand Wall but he's a great player and he's a legit 'point guard' with how well he sees the floor and gets his guys the ball. 

Back to Dennis though. If your opinion is that he is beyond critique then that's just sad. He's not LeBron or Kobe or MJ. We are very lucky to have him and I think he's a terrific young player BUT if I were the GM I would prefer my PG look to get his teammates going first and foremost, which shouldn't be much to ask from a guy who can get his points almost whenever he wants. Give me Rondo without the attitude over a score 1st PG any day of the week. That doesn't mean I am hating on Dennis but just because he's good doesn't mean he's the best option for the style of play that our team supposedly prefers.

The crickets were for Diesel, since I mentioned him. My opinion is not that Dennis is beyond critique. What's sad is Supes' tired tune that Dennis is a "bottom 10 PG", and Diesel turning Dennis into his new Marvin...