• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Summer League Game 2: Hawks vs Pelicans

benhillboy

16 minutes ago, ViewsFromTheSquawk said:

Collins is a straight bruiser.... very Stoud/Griffin type player.... so explosive... such a nasty physical player... hell I'll dan Quinn it... "he fast and physical"

I love the way he plays. He's got that killer mentality.

• Moderators

Not looking to pump the brakes but just remember that summer league is not at all representative of NBA basketball.  It is great and a ton of fun to see outstanding play from Collins, Bembry, etc. but that kind of play will mean a ton more even in the NBA pre-season than it does in summer league.

Summer league is for giving guys some burn and recognition and having fun during the basketball starved months of the year.

I am on board with both Collins and Bembry having major roles on the team this season as far as their midround first round picks with real talent who need minutes to maximum develop.  Both have the potential to be real players.

On the flip side, struggling with summer league play can be more of an indicator so I'm really hoping to see Dorsey rebound from his early struggles.  The hot streak that carried him through the tourney and workouts was never sustainable so I'm hoping his true talent baseline will be enough to be a part of the rotation this year.  

• Like 1