• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Cavs interested in Bazemore

Wurider05

vor 5 Minuten, Wurider05 sagte:

Would you take Love (21.17 million) for  Bazemore (15.73 million) + Dedmon ( $7,050,000)

Dennis

Bellini/Bembry/Draft pick

Prince

Love

Collins

I think if the Hawks add the first round pick via Rockets, the Cavs might accept the offer.

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, Wurider05 said:

Would you take Love (21.17 million) for  Bazemore (15.73 million) + Dedmon ( $7,050,000)

Dennis

Bellini/Bembry/Draft pick

Prince

Love

Collins

All defensive team!  I hate Love!  Our defense would look like the Cav's defense.  No thank you!

I’d hate to see Belli and Ded go but we kinda need that pick at all costs.  Illy a little less as he’s not quite as fun to watch as the other two.  Recent uptick in play be damned I’d Uber Baze to Hartsfield.

Bud can get the most out of any player so I wouldn’t mind a few of those tattered-rep bums from Cleveland coming here to expire.  I loved Shump his first two years then he just went Hollywood I guess.  If healthy Bud could squeeze some very efficient play out of him.  Of course Love is a perfect fit here.  He’s unfairly maligned for his overall defense.

I kinda agree with the sentiment that cap space ain’t as important to us the Lakers.

Edited by benhillboy

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Vol4ever said:

They are getting George Hill instead of Baze now.  

Sacramento pretty much has to ditch him.  Poison for that team right now. Not sure how he and Thomas can coexist, though.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, AHF said:

Sacramento pretty much has to ditch him.  Poison for that team right now. Not sure how he and Thomas can coexist, though.

Cleveland just keeps adding players without thinking of how they fit. Rose, Hill, Thomas and Wade all seem redundant to some degree. I’m sure they will add one more random “name” guard as well. With Gilbert looking to sell the team,  I doubted that we could sell high on Baze.

• Like 2

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Alex said:

What’s the point of the salary cap if teams can consistently just manipulate it?

They are playing by the rules and salaries are kept in check pretty well with it.  It is designed to ensure that there isn't the type of pay gap between team that baseball has had in the past and to ensure the league as a whole makes money.  It accomplishes both of those pretty well.  It is not intended to preclude teams from making moves - just limits the range of moves they can make.

15 hours ago, AHF said:

Hill and Thomas can coexist just fine because Hill can play off the ball and is a great defender.  Hill also still can knock down a spot up 3 with the best of them.  They may even start Hill next to Thomas if they get him. 

Based on your reply, I'm not sure if you meant Cleveland almost has to deal Love because of IT calling him out.  If so, then disregard my reply.  lol. 

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Dragitoff said:

Hill and Thomas can coexist just fine because Hill can play off the ball and is a great defender.  Hill also still can knock down a spot up 3 with the best of them.  They may even start Hill next to Thomas if they get him. 

Based on your reply, I'm not sure if you meant Cleveland almost has to deal Love because of IT calling him out.  If so, then disregard my reply.  lol. 

I was talking about Sacto having to deal Hill.  The guy has had a rough year in Sacramento, is unhappy with his minutes and team's direction and is under contract for two more years and $37M.  That situation is poison.

On the court, I think a backcourt of 6'3'' Hill at SG and 5'9'' Thomas at PG would be manhandled by many opponents.  Hill hasn't regularly played SG for a decent team since 2011-12.  He didn't at all in Utah last season according to 82games and played almost 0-4% of minutes when he was in Indiana the prior 4 seasons suggesting he was used in very specific situations when he was less likely to be bullied or exploited due to his size.  That type of limited use makes sense to me but it means a small amount of overlap with IT on the floor if limiting it to "appropriate" circumstances. 

I think despite his being generally a good defender that he needs to be used off the ball with a short PG situationally because I don't think he can handle the size of a lot of wings and Thomas is already a liability on defense.  Hill seems to me to be a better replacement for Thomas than an addition to him.  Cleveland should be looking for answers to their defensive struggles not creating new problems.

Just my $.02.

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, AHF said:

I was talking about Sacto having to deal Hill.  The guy has had a rough year in Sacramento, is unhappy with his minutes and team's direction and is under contract for two more years and $37M.  That situation is poison.

On the court, I think a backcourt of 6'3'' Hill at SG and 5'9'' Thomas at PG would be manhandled by many opponents.  Hill hasn't regularly played SG for a decent team since 2011-12.  He didn't at all in Utah last season according to 82games and played almost 0-4% of minutes when he was in Indiana the prior 4 seasons suggesting he was used in very specific situations when he was less likely to be bullied or exploited due to his size.  That type of limited use makes sense to me but it means a small amount of overlap with IT on the floor if limiting it to "appropriate" circumstances. 

I think despite his being generally a good defender that he needs to be used off the ball with a short PG situationally because I don't think he can handle the size of a lot of wings and Thomas is already a liability on defense.  Hill seems to me to be a better replacement for Thomas than an addition to him.  Cleveland should be looking for answers to their defensive struggles not creating new problems.

Just my $.02.

And with all that said...Cavs could easily send the hawks the majority of their bad contracts (JR, Shump, Tristan) PLUS the Brooklyn pick for bazemore and dedmon. 

Which allows the Cavs to have better role players and be in a better cap situation this summer to retain Lebron and go after Paul George.

....just my .02 cent to add with what you’ve already pointed out! I’m just trying to help the Cavs out even more lol.

• Like 2