• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Wendell Carter Jr.

Blunt91

I know this guy won't go top 5 but if we could somehow get another pick between 10-14 , I would be down for getting him.  I actually like him better than Bagley because I think he can play now and already has a better jump shot than his teammate.  I think he would fit well beside Collins.   Collins is more athletic but he has a bigger frame and can do more banging down in the post.  He is also from Peachtree City , so he will have some hometown fans here.

I’m a fan of his, but not more than Bagley. Bagley’s shot looks like it has and will develop. He’s going to be an NBA scorer, and I think he will be the first all star in this class. Carter is just an all around good center. Like Al Horford was. Bagley could be a real star. I know people talk about getting an exciting scorer to put butts in seats, but I think it’s more about recruiting other stars to come. Let’s face it, NBA is about recruiting now, and getting big names is important.  Hype matters. Just look arc Wiggins in Minnesota and what they have been able to do.

Anyway, I do think Carter might contribute to winning basketball next year more than Bagley even though I Bagley will put up better numbers. But playing winning basketball next year isn’t what this franchise needs.

Edited by CP61

I like carter and if we could get him AFTER getting Bagley it another top player I’m all for it. He’s a banger, good footwork, decent shot but nothing great, excellent rebounder and good rim protector 

JMO, but he's more of an 8-10 guy in the draft.

He's underrated because he plays with Bagley Jr. I still think he's been better all around even though he is not the more talented player. The games don't come all in scoring, boarding, and being athletic as hell. 

If I did a mock Bagley Jr would be higher than Carter Jr, buuuuuuuuttttt, I'd be very lukewarm at drafting him. Not mad but not thinking "woo hoo!" at all. I've made it clear but my guys are Ayton and Doncic in the top 3-4.

If you get Bagley Jr, you're counting on your developmental system being able to mold him because he is very bad defensively right now and is lost on offense if it's not an offensive set.

5 hours ago, Lurker said:

JMO, but he's more of an 8-10 guy in the draft.

He's underrated because he plays with Bagley Jr. I still think he's been better all around even though he is not the more talented player. The games don't come all in scoring, boarding, and being athletic as hell. 

If I did a mock Bagley Jr would be higher than Carter Jr, buuuuuuuuttttt, I'd be very lukewarm at drafting him. Not mad but not thinking "woo hoo!" at all. I've made it clear but my guys are Ayton and Doncic in the top 3-4.

If you get Bagley Jr, you're counting on your developmental system being able to mold him because he is very bad defensively right now and is lost on offense if it's not an offensive set.

Just asking but how many full duke games have you watched? 

I'm not sure it really matters if it's all of them or 0 of them when I've already formed an opinion that won't change that points, boards, and athleticism is only part of the equation in a basketball player. I've watched major parts of five games and it doesn't matter how much more I watch as where I stand will stay the same.

Its better than what it was before though as I was 100% OUT on Bagley Jr before the season. 

I'm not being like KB21 either as to me Ayton is the best player in college basketball.

1 hour ago, jy23 said:

Not trying to change your mind just trying to help you have a more accurate view of the players you’re talking about. You said Bagley isn’t really effective on offense outside of sets....that couldn’t be further from the truth. Most of his points come off of hustle and effort. He’s constantly moving off the ball as well. He gets the rest of his points iso’d at the top of the key and taking his guy off the dribble to the left...of he can’t take em to the left he spins back towards the middle and tries to find a way to drop step back to the left of he throws uo that lil hook in the lane. He gets a couple buckets per game from back door cuts and lobs from sets but that a very small % of his offense

This is 100% correct. 

• Like 3