• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Bridges vs Bridges?

AtlKauzie

I've been following college prospects closer than i ever have this season and it seems teams picking in the top 1-7 or so could do no wrong the likes of Ayton, Bagley, Docic, Porter, Young, JJJ, and Bamba. But if we look a little bit further to around the 8-12 area? Who catches your eye the most? For me its villanovas Mikal bridges and Michigans miles bridges. The reason thes two have garnered my attention is because of two things.

Could a few wins and the lottery screw us over and move us down?

Or 

Could we pakage the Twolves and rockets pick to move up in that 8-12 range?

Mikal bridges

Imagine if bazemore was a bit taller the you'd get mikal, Hes a pesky 6'7" defender with a 7 foot wingspan that that can shoot the three(.415%) and gets steals(1.7). He can play both the sg and sf postions which are both spots we lack depth in. Baze showing mikal the ropes is enough to make me wanna faint, its just a match made in heaven in my eyes.

Miles bridges

I think i like miles more than mikal(only slightly), he's an athletic monster with a nba ready body who can muscle his to anywhere he wants. Just like mikal he also sports a 7 foot wingspan to go with his 6'7" height. But i see miles a more of a combo forward because of ho physical he is. When i first saw him i thought he was josh smith clone(he's also a lefty), and that 18/7/3 statline can't be ignored, i would hate for a team to waste him like the knick, bulls, or hornets who are looking to draft in that range. The only flaw i see in him is his three which regressed from .389% his first year to .369% his second but that can be worked on. 

Imagine walking away with either one of these guys paired with Ayton, Bagley, or doncic from the top 3 along with our second round selection. Bud would have a heart attack lol 

Your thoughts? 

Edited by AtlKauzie

Packaging the T-Wolves and Rockets pick will not get you in the 8-12 range.  Right now according to Mock Drafts on NBADraft.net  the T-Wolves are at 24 and the rockets at 29th in the League.  We would be doing good to move up to #20 with those picks.

21 minutes ago, Blunt91 said:

Packaging the T-Wolves and Rockets pick will not get you in the 8-12 range.  Right now according to Mock Drafts on NBADraft.net  the T-Wolves are at 24 and the rockets at 29th in the League.  We would be doing good to move up to #20 with those picks.

I should've been more specific on all the details in this hypothetical trade. If the draft started right the knick would be looking at the 10th pick. Would the knicks the accept a trade down like this?

Wolves and rockets pick plus bazemore

For

10th pick and joakim noah

Simular trades have gone down in recent drafts, like denver trading away the 13th pick for trey lyles and a late first of the same draft. Or when we dealt jeff teauge in that 3 team for the 12th. I dont see why they wouldn't do this, they get a desent vet and move away from Noah's contract.

So basically teauge for 12th pick and trey lyles for 13th, so my assumption was that teams wouldn't have too high of a price tag on picks in that range.

You also might say that the knick are trying to rebuild too but kristaps said that if the knicks aren't playoff bound by the time he's a free agent he try and leave so i thought a trade like this would benifit both sides.

Or remove both players and we add that top 10 pretected cavs pick next year, Because if  lebron leaves that pick is as good gone.

8 minutes ago, PSSSHHHRRR87 said:

Alex is the resident Sparty fan

I can respect that but to completely dismiss me just because i forgot to type the word state is a little unnecessary. And to let me know that he didn't finish because of it is a bit childish if you ask me, but im over it.

• Moderators
3 hours ago, AtlKauzie said:

I can respect that but to completely dismiss me just because i forgot to type the word state is a little unnecessary. And to let me know that he didn't finish because of it is a bit childish if you ask me, but im over it.

Let it go and stop being sensitive and defensive.  This is a sports forum which is full of smart ass comments and casual ribbings happen on the regular. Alex has been like this for years and we've all grown accustomed to it... This thread is close to being locked, so get back on topic and stop taking things on the Squawk personally.

• Moderators
2 hours ago, AtlKauzie said:

It was a shot for his school not a shot at you.  Like a Duke fan who says, "I was done with the thread when you said Bagley was a Tarheel."  Alex is all about those Wolverines uh Spartans.  :biggrin:

• Like 1

Naturally I am going to say Miles is the best player in the draft.  He’s the ultimate team player and Izzo has had to get on a few times this season about being more aggressive and taking the game over.  The biggest knock on him has been he doesn’t drive the hoop enough.  He’s actually developed into a very good jump shooter and the improvement from early in the season to now is clear.  I don’t care for college stats necessarily when it comes to evaluating a players potential, but his stat line is pretty solid.  He does need a little more development on the offensive end though, but he seems to pick his spots out well.  He will hang around the perimeter and lull a defender to sleep and then just blow by and get to the rack.  Need him to be more consistent overall and at times he does disappear, but when the moment comes he’s ready.  Check out his game winner against Purdue over last weekend.  Miles told Izzo to give him the ball.  The play was for him to get to the basket and draw a foul at a minimum.  He saw the defender playing off a bit and drained a 25 foot three to ice the game.  

Defensively he’s gotten better as well.  Still goes for the highlight block more often then he should and that results in missed block out assignments, but he’s a kid.  That’s going to happen.  I am most impressed with his passing from last year. He isn’t a great passer, but he’s improved in that area.  More pros than cons for Miles for sure.

• Like 1

I think Miles will be a 15pts 5reb 3a guy walking in where as Mikal is a lockdown defender you can stick on anyone and he will give them trouble both can make an immediate impact. I'd love to see Mikal in Cleveland and Miles in NY with KP. Mikal could help the cavs a lot on def and Miles would be loved in NY and the need wing help. I hope the Hawks are picking higher than where these guys are going but I think for the hawks I would rather have Miles I think he is the better scorer.

• Like 1