• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Just our luck...

Playmaker0017

Was there ever a second that we thought Marbury would miss the shot? Even after it hit the backboard?

Heck no.

Played a great game, and Diaw played his best as a Hawk.

Jackson needs to stop it with the threes.

If we get the dunk by Shareef instead of the shot-clock call ... I think we get a different outcome. That was an igniter.... it turned into a 4 point swing. We missed the shot and then they scored.

Play.

• Admin

was JT's turnover with just under two minutes to go. We were up by, 1 or 2 at that point and them Marbury came down and hit a 3. Not the miracle bank shot 3, but a big shot none the less. After that they seemed to swell and we shrunk up a bit.

BUt still it was a good game and a good effort. I'm starting to see all the things that I enjoy in a basketball game. Good energy, hustle and close games. Now we've just got to get to where we can win them by 2 instead of losing them by 2.

Maybe you should check in the mirror. The point is that you

aren't going to win shyt if the team is allowing jumpshooters

like Van Horn and Houston to get to the basket. These guys

are jumpshooters....It comes down to defense. I hear Bob

"nobody gave Reef help" but nobody should need help defending Van Horn or Houston....You and stupid @ss

LASCAR know it's the truth...But your dyckriding fans

so you want to deny it and blame it on the coach because

that's all you know how to do.

But the again, Reef can't even defend a 40 year old Scottie

Pippen.

• Premium Member

I give a lot of Credit to Jax. He played a good game. I have to give the big frown.gif to Jacque Vaughn. He committed several Stupid fouls. I like the fact that he plays tight defense but sometimes, he just commits stupid fouls... However, I would much rather see him try and foul than to see JT say OLAY and another Guard have a career game.

Reef is learning to be the man down the stretch. His play was applaudable. At the end of the 3rd and in the fourth, Reef dominated.

• Premium Member

NO Pessimist.

Reef's defense was average. I read you ragging on KVH scoring on Reef, however, did you see KVH carry & take three steps on that play?? A HS ref would have called that.

And by the way, Jax dunked on Deke. IS Deke a bad defender too?

As far as the belief that defense is better than offense, that's wrong. They are equal. The fact that Reef can carry a team on his back offensively is more important than if he can keep his man from Scoring on one play. 9 times out of ten, it's not Reef's man that beats us.

Deke is a nobody on defense now. He got scored over plenty of times last night. Sadly, his offense looked better than his

defense last night. traveled? lol yeah whatever. Whenever

Reef is exposed againest a player one on one he losses the

battle most of the time. He has done a better job in the

4th periods though...ALot better.

How long as it been since a real score first offense has won

a title?

Hots, where are you when the Hawks win? you have absolutely NO comments. Granted, the board in general is more quite...but this is rediculous. They lose a close one, showing effort and losing on a fluke play, and you come out of the wood works, but on nights we win, to steal a line from Point Break, you're like a virgin on prom night GONE, nowhere to be seen or heard from...

I'm not saying your rebuilding plan is wholeheartedly wrong. The way to win a championship in the NBA, and esp. in ATL, is through star power, an exciting player, and that's through the draft, 9 times out of 10, but come on man...

Hots, where are you when the Hawks win? you have absolutely NO comments. Granted, the board in general is more quite...but this is rediculous. They lose a close one, showing effort and losing on a fluke play, and you come out of the wood works, but on nights we win, to steal a line from Point Break, you're like a virgin on prom night GONE, nowhere to be seen or heard from...

I'm not saying your rebuilding plan is wholeheartedly wrong. The way to win a championship in the NBA, and esp. in ATL, is through star power, an exciting player, and that's through the draft, 9 times out of 10, but come on man...

Hot, ur pain in the a$$. what can satisfy you? A line up with Shaq/Duncan/Vince/Kobe/Kidd? KVH score a basket on Reef and ur acting like the end of the world. If ur that high on KVH, lets trade Reef for KVH. I am sure Thomas will do it and send u a BMW for free. If we put Reef on 3 last nite I am sure Reef will score 30+ and KVH will foul out by 1/2 time.

The fact is KVH is a NBA player, [censored] a very good offensive player. Another NBA player should be somehow able to score no matter who is guarding him.

You are just so basketball ignorant that it your ignorance actually seeps through the internet and makes me dumber for just having read your garbage.

Let me break it down for you, since you don't know thing one about basketball.

It is a TEAM game. During the 48+ minute game, we are supposed to play AS A TEAM. As such, we decided, AS A TEAM, to play a 2-3 Zone.

Now, I know this is hard for you to fathom --- but when a team is playing "in a zone" then a person is not matched up against anyone. You don't guard a man, you guard a zone. Furthermore, when someone leaves "your zone" you are no longer supposed to cover them.

In addition, you unanalytical douchebag, when we played man-on-man, Reef was matched against Harrington or Kurt Thomas.

Thus, Van Horn didn't "look" like MJ against Shareef. Shareef was not on Van Horn except a play or two. Get over it.

Let me also say, Van Horn is a talented offensive player. He shoots 45% and gets 17 PPG on 13.5 shots. Sorry, that is productive on offense.

Play.

i dont get your argument

KVH season average:

17 PPG, 7 RPG

KVH Friday night:

18 PTS, 5 REB

so I don't see how reef did such a bad job on him when he got just about exactly what he averages

SAR average:

SAR friday

25, 6

Seems to me reef won that matchup, don't know why you're focused on it

It is a TEAM game. During the 48+ minute game, we are supposed to play AS A TEAM. As such, we decided, AS A TEAM, to play a 2-3 Zone."

Have you even watched a game? The team plays no part

of an organized ball. I sure as well don't see any "Defense"

I often see Hawk players Iso one on one. Maybe the intent

to play a zone....But that's not what happens.

Van Horn is nothing more than a slow footed jump shooter.

That's all he does againest 90% of the teams. And if he

really was any good teams wouldn't be throwing him to

the garbage every year would they? He isn't anything more

than a weaker version of bum Christian Leattner in his prime.

You stupid [censored]..This has nothing to do with how much

Van Horn scores....It has to do with the simple fact you

can't even keep a slow footed jumpshooter out of the

lane. If Allan Houston gets 35 points on his typical shooting you say he's just hot. But if you allow these

jump shooters to get into the lane you aren't doing a

very good job on defense. If Van Horn and Houston are

beating you one on one at the top of the key and getting

to the basket...That's bad defense. If Vince Carter does

it you say "Hey, that's Vince Carter and he's great at

getting to the basket whenever he wants too"

It's you that has no freakin clue. If Van Horn gets his

16PPG on jumpshooting there isn't a problem...But if

you allow him to beat you one on one like he's Vince

Carter you got a problem. Really, it's a fault of the

entire team..

If there is anything that's made you dumber it's watching

these guys try and play zone or whatever. I think the

team has dumbed you down to what really basketball

actually looks like. If Houston and Van Horn are getting

to the hole and having sucess there is a problem.

What does coaches always tell players? Force players

to take long jumpshots and don't let them get into the

lane. Just like other teams try and force Reef to the

outside and score.

Do you get my point or are you just that stupid?