• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Bazemore's Future With The Team

AHF

• Moderators
1 hour ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Unfortunately, I agree with you.  The GM has set us on a course for a few years of losing.  Keeping Baze is actually an asset, if you want to keep losing.

Yikes.  You think he is that bad?  I'm generally on the negative side with Baze but I don't think he actually helps the team tank when he plays like he did this year.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, AHF said:

Yikes.  You think he is that bad?  I'm generally on the negative side with Baze but I don't think he actually helps the team tank when he plays like he did this year.

I seriously laughed when I read that you could make the argument Kent has been our best 2 way player this year. He was certainly our best perimeter defender by a good margin imo.

Edited by davis171
  • Like 2

• Premium Member
6 hours ago, davis171 said:

I seriously laughed when I read that you could make the argument Kent has been our best 2 way player this year. He was certainly our best perimeter defender by a good margin imo.

Its all or nothing with this fan base...If they like a player, he can do no wrong i.e. Millsap and Shelvin Mack.  If they hate you, You will always be hated... Any support for said players would be quickly countered by strong anti-player sentiment to continue to galvanize the hate for that player.  The list is too long to write but Baze and Schröder are at the top currently.  Also coaches like Bud are on the former list.  Any criticism no matter how minor will be met with strong opposition

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Its all or none with this fan base...If they like a player, he can do no wrong i.e. Millsap and Shelvin Mack.  If they hate you, You will always be hated... Any support for said players would be quickly countered by strong anti-player sentiment to continue to galvanize the hate for that player.  The list is too long to write but Baze and Schröder are at the top currently.  Also coaches like Bud are on the former list.  Any criticism no matter how minor will be met with strong opposition

Its because Baze is an 8-12 million dollar player while making what 18? He was really bad last year but I think the fact he was having to guard guys like Lebron KD who are at least 3 inches taller doesn't help SG is a way better fit.

Edited by davis171

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, davis171 said:

I said last year 3 yrs $60 Mil with a team option on the 3rd year in not 2yrs $40.

So Sap is over paid by at least $10 mil per year even though Sap's production has not even approached the $20 mil per year  you thinks he deserves injury or not and Baze is over paid by $5 Mil per year since his salary is a little under $18 Mil per year.  And even though he is over paid by more, He is still like and his salary is still justified while Baze is still hated even though he showed marked improvement this year in every phase of his game. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Peoriabird said:

So Sap is over paid by at least $10 mil per year even though Sap's production has not even approached the $20 mil per year  you thinks that he deserves injury or not and Baze is over paid by $5 Mil per year since his salary is a little under $18 Mil per year.  And even though he is over paid by more, He is still like and his salary is still justified while Baze is still hated even though he showed marked improvement this year in every phase of his game. 

It doesn't mean other people think he is overpaid he is just in my opinion. KB on multiple occasions said he liked the contract. 

Edited by davis171

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, davis171 said:

It doesn't mean other people think he is overpaid he is just in my opinion.

If you base the salary on analytics, he is.  But if it is a popularity contest, you're right.  My point is that many are not willing to acknowledge Sap's precipitous decline in production starting last year because they are biased in his favor

• Like 2

16 hours ago, AHF said:

Baze is vastly improved from what he was last season, there's no doubt about that.  He was atrocious last season.  If we get another playmaker on the team who can take the ball handling duties away from Baze, he may improve even more.   But if Baze has to be the initiator of offense at times, he'll try to do too much.

A guy like Doncic would be Baze's best friend, if his passing ability translates from the Euro league to the NBA.

• Premium Member

I know that Baze wasn't tradeable this year, but maybe this summer, he will be for an albatross and a future pick.. but Baze can play defense on the wings.   He could be a 3 and D guy if he could get his percentages up.