• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Bazemore's Future With The Team

AHF

• Premium Member
Just now, AHF said:

I don't feel I know enough to say what is or isn't Schlenk's style.  Baze is just along for the ride as far as I'm concerned.  He isn't a building block.  If he is here long-term it will be on a much cheaper contract once his current one expires.

Good news is he does have a positive attitude so no need to get rid of him because he is a cancer.  Just no big need to hold him either.

I get it...you don't value the guy and I'm saying the organization does including Schlenk...He brought the guy into the Warrior's organization.

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Peoriabird said:

I get it...you don't value the guy and I'm saying the organization does including Schlenk...He brought the guy into the Warrior's organization.

And let him go to Atlanta.  He never would have signed Baze to his current contract.

$4M guaranteed over two years was too rich for Schlenk and GS management.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, davis171 said:

I'm not saying he is but if AD comes available or any other players at or above a star level via trade or or FA I want the hawks at least kicking the door and that requires tradable/intriguing contracts and assets. We have a lot of future picks and idk if we take all of them all I'm saying. I also love Kent so only if it makes sense but to put a lock around him would be foolish.

Believe me..you're talking nonsense...AD with a few good players can barely make the playoff. Its just not feasable now

1 minute ago, AHF said:

I'm going to move this to a new thread to keep this focused on the draft.

Cool

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, AHF said:

And let him go to Atlanta.  He never would have signed Baze to his current contract.

$4M guaranteed over two years was too rich for Schlenk and GS management.

Is his contract rich? Yep but is Schlenk concerned about at this time?...nope!

• Moderators
Just now, Peoriabird said:

Is his contract rich? Yep but is Schlenk concerned about at this time?...nope!

He's not concerned about it for this year but the year after?  I can't answer for him.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Believe me..you're talking nonsense...AD with a few good players can barely make the playoff. Its just not feasable now

Cool

In the significantly tougher west with no cap flexibility and a mediocre roster. If the Hawks manufactured a trade for AD we would have cap space to go into FA to find a guy or 2 to play next to him with the flexibility. I agree it probably isn't happening but no one last year thought the Pelicans would trade for Boogie or that Kyrie would be a member of the Celtics.

• Moderators
22 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Just saying that Schlenk ain't doing the Plumlee for Howard trade just to get rid of Baze's contract

Agreed.  Would have liked to see what offers we had on the table because downgrading our pick this year and taking on Plumlee always seemed hard to understand.

• Premium Member
21 minutes ago, davis171 said:

In the significantly tougher west with no cap flexibility and a mediocre roster. If the Hawks manufactured a trade for AD we would have cap space to go into FA to find a guy or 2 to play next to him with the flexibility. I agree it probably isn't happening but no one last year thought the Pelicans would trade for Boogie or that Kyrie would be a member of the Celtics.

We need to focus on getting these draft picks right 1st and foremost...if we take care of business in the draft, there will be no worries about our future

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

He built a sustainable winner in Golden State not a Boston 1 and done

Flipping picks for great players is the strategy, not building a "one and done." I'm pretty sure I just read or heard something the other day where Schlenk was talking about being ready for a James Harden situation. Also, the Celtics won a championship and were contenders for 5 or 6 years before flipping those players into a bounty of picks to rebuild with. It worked out very well for them. 

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, High5 said:

Flipping picks for great players is the strategy, not building a "one and done." I'm pretty sure I just read or heard something the other day where Schlenk was talking about being ready for a James Harden situation. Also, the Celtics won a championship and were contenders for 5 or 6 years before flipping those players into a bounty of picks to rebuild with. It worked out very well for them. 

Nah Them dudes were old when they won...They basically won because they were the 1st to have 3 all stars together on the same team.  They wouldn't compete with today's super teams.  Heck they struggled to beat the Hawks in the 1st round during their championship year.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, AHF said:

We all agree on that.  KB just thinks the right way to get studs is to keep in the playoffs for as long as you can even if the team gets old and you never win a game past the first or second round.  I think a better path towards being able to attract an MVP talent is to rebuild through the draft and then use those draft assets and cap room to directly and/or indirectly get your stud(s).

Agreed. 

• Premium Member
Just now, davis171 said:

Wouldn't happen in 100000 years for him but yeah I'd be cool with it but trade baze with it to clear cap for a max player.

I'm not so sure it wont happen.  It may not be KK but could be another player.  

On 3/21/2018 at 3:38 PM, Peoriabird said:

Kawhi definitely ain't coming here next year sorry...We are just going to have to sort out what we have after the next 2 drafts and go from there...by that time Baze will be in his option year.  There is absolutely no reason to be concerned about Baze's contract right now

Unfortunately, I agree with you.  The GM has set us on a course for a few years of losing.  Keeping Baze is actually an asset, if you want to keep losing.