• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Schlenk states we will take bad contracts for picks

NBASupes

14 minutes ago, davis171 said:

Just the nuggets I don’t get what that has to do with signing now or a year from now

Because there is a difference in how much the Nuggets can offer him.  Denver can offer him a 5 year deal worth more money per year.   If they extend him now, that deal will only be for 4 years and less money.

Edited by TheNorthCydeRises

17 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Because there is a difference in how much the Nuggets can offer him.  Denver can offer him a 5 year deal worth more money per year.   If they extend him now, that deal will only be for 4 years and less money.

No 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sbnation.com/platform/amp/2018/2/20/16998688/nikola-jokic-contract-free-agent-denver-nuggets-nba

• Moderators
20 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

All true but still a gamble whether he will stay on a team that is capped out and not a contender.  There will be a better team offering him a 3 year max with a player option that will give him flexibility and a path to getting a bird max while actually contending.  If so were in Denver's shoes, I would not let him have the option of pulling an Al Horford.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, davis171 said:

That article only states that Jokic will have a starting salary of 25 million, if he becomes a restricted free agent this season.  At that point, Denver can offer him a 4 year deal worth a little over 100 million.

If he waits one more year, that max deal becomes 5 years and probably starts at over 30 million a year.

It's definitely a gamble to not try to lock him up right now, and wait until the 2019 offseason.  But I would give HIM that option to sign now or wait.  And I would explain the ramifications of each decision, and how it relates to the construction of the team in the future.

On ‎4‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 6:13 AM, KB21 said:

It's a Philly style rebuild because our GM intentionally bottomed the team out talent wise and is building from scratch.  It's going to take years to get good again, if they ever get good again.  

Keep in mind, Schlenk could have easily truly bottomed this team out and cemented the number one lottery position. He didn't just go with Plumlee and Muscala at the center position. Instead, he signed an above average veteran in Dedmon to man the position. And instead of throwing a rookie Power Forward to the wolves by leaving him to start right away, he signed a sought-after skilled veteran in Ilyasova.

This season's Hawks team was more consistently competitive than even last season's playoff team. There was an inordinate number of games last year that were over by halftime, even at home! This year's team was in the running late in games just about every night.

Travis Schlenk put a far more entertaining product on the floor this year. And along with competitiveness and entertainment factor came draft capital and cap flexibility. That, along with a promising pair of young forwards who are already fairly productive, and you're building from more than scratch in my opinion.

• Like 2

On 4/12/2018 at 3:13 PM, KB21 said:

I had already predicted this.  More draft picks means more young players which means more losing.

The 76ers are still young and there not losing anymore. Our time table will be alot sooner with the young players we already have in place.

Just now, sillent said:

The 76ers are still young and there not losing anymore. Our time table will be alot sooner with the young players we already have in place.

If you really believe that, then I have some swamp land in South Mississippi to sell to you.  This roster may have 2 players that will be a part of this team when it is good again.  

Philly has some quality veterans who are very key to their success.  Especially in the playoffs.  Two were on the Hawks roster and I believe they got nothing for Illy and Belly.  

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Alex said:

Philly has some quality veterans who are very key to their success.  Especially in the playoffs.  Two were on the Hawks roster and I believe they got nothing for Illy and Belly.  

I'm still scratching my head that no one was willing to give up a second round pick for Belli.  (Ilya apparently blocked any trades so can't blame management for that.)

1 minute ago, AHF said:

I'm still scratching my head that no one was willing to give up a second round pick for Belli.  (Ilya apparently blocked any trades so can't blame management for that.)

You can certainly blame Schlenk for giving him a one year deal, which is what allowed him to veto a trade.  

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, KB21 said:

You can certainly blame Schlenk for giving him a one year deal, which is what allowed him to veto a trade.  

Given the lack of interest from playoff teams in a wide variety of vets who were available, I am pretty sure that wouldn't have translated into a big return.  I am hoping teams see this year that they should be willing to move second round picks at the least for guys like that when they want to contend.

• Like 1