• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Tank Thread

Diesel

• Premium Member
Just now, KB21 said:

I think he is what he is at this point.  He's had 5 years in the league, and he is generally around a 51% TS% player with a negative impact defensively.

So did Kyle Lowry get better after his 5th year?  What about Kemba?  How about Tony Parker?

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

I mean the guy was just dominant in that last game...Denver could not stop him despite him being the only productive offensive player on the floor for the Hawks...What more do people want from a player???

Consistency would be nice.  I'd like to see fewer 20 point, 18 shot games and more 17 point, 9 shot games from him.  I want to see him attack the basket and get to the free throw line.  I want to see him work the pick and roll game the way it should be worked.  I want to see his defensive effort and intensity take an up tick.  I want to see his usage rate below 25%.

• Premium Member
37 minutes ago, davis171 said:

No I just would want a George Hillesk PG to run next to him. I think a guy that also can play off ball would be better suited and that is definitely one of Dennis's weaknesses due to his lack of 3pt shooting. Doncic isn't knockdown, Schröder is below 30% on the season, and Collins is a work in progress for sure. 3pt shooting is a must in this league and that's a 3pt deficient lineup. 

What was Kyle Lowry's 3 point shooting percentage during his 5th year?

• Like 1

• Moderators
51 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Did y'all consider Tony Parker a good point guard?  what about Kyle Lowry?  Kemba?  Go and look at their 4th year stats

Not saying he can't improve.  Saying those are the two biggest areas he needs to improve.  He is farthest behind those guys on defense.  As far as the numbers, comparing their 5th years (since this is Schröder's fifth year):

Schröder 29.5% 3pt% / .516 TS%  (1.15 DWS - prorated over full 82 games)

Parker 30.6% 3pt% / .584 TS% (4.1 DWS)

Lowry 37.6% 3pt% / .550 TS%  (1.8 DWS)

Kemba 36.8% 3pt% / .554 TS%  (3.6 DWS)

12 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Who is the 2nd scorer on the Hawk's team and is that player averaging over 15 points per game

Ideally, you have a situation like the 60 win team where the leading scorer and secondary scorer could be anyone on any given night.

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, AHF said:

Not saying he can't improve.  Saying those are the two biggest areas he needs to improve.  He is farthest behind those guys on defense.  As far as the numbers, comparing their 5th years (since this is Schröder's fifth year):

Schröder 29.5% 3pt% / .516 TS%  (1.15 DWS - prorated over full 82 games)

Parker 30.6% 3pt% / .584 TS% (4.1 DWS)

Lowry 37.6% 3pt% / .550 TS%  (1.8 DWS)

Kemba 36.8% 3pt% / .554 TS%  (3.6 DWS)

what was Dennis' TS% last year?

I took a look at all NBA players that had a usage percentage over 25% and played at least 1,700 minutes over the least two years.  I rated them based on their TS%.  Where does Dennis rank?

44th

Guess who was 43rd?  Andrew Wiggins.

• Like 1

• Moderators
11 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

what was Dennis' TS% last year?

Lower than all of those players in their 5th year.  Dennis's career high TS% is .533 last year.  His last 3 seasons are:  

• Moderators
17 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

So no one thinks that Dennis will improve next year. I've heard this tune before regarding Hawk players

Already said in a couple places that I expect he will continue to improve but he has a ways to go in both the shooting and defensive dimensions of his game.  He is behind the curve relative to all of those PGs you cited earlier which might indicate a lower peak.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
18 minutes ago, AHF said:

Already said in a couple places that I expect he will continue to improve but he has a ways to go in both the shooting and defensive dimensions of his game.  He is behind the curve relative to all of those PGs you cited earlier which might indicate a lower peak.

We shall see

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

He is ball dominant too from i've seen! Some don't even consider him a pure point guard

I would be willing to bet that he's not as set in his ways as Dennis.  Moreover, I have mentioned Sexton as a 2nd pick in this draft lottery.   A guy we could move up to get with some of our other stuff.  I also liked and still like Fox.

57 minutes ago, Diesel said:

I would be willing to bet that he's not as set in his ways as Dennis.  Moreover, I have mentioned Sexton as a 2nd pick in this draft lottery.   A guy we could move up to get with some of our other stuff.  I also liked and still like Fox.

I'm glad Diesel isn't in our front office if he would take Sexton number 2 lmao. I guess you are just smarter than every NBA GM. 

Edited by davis171

• Moderators
9 minutes ago, davis171 said:

I'm glad Diesel isn't in our front office if he would take Sexton number 2 lmao. I guess you are just smarter than every NBA GM. 

Draft has yet to happen.  Don't recall seeing many mocks with Anthony Bennett at the top in 2013 but all it took was one team to screw the pooch and reach for him.  Someone going much higher than expected could happen this year.

4 hours ago, KB21 said:

It's not hate.  It's reality.  The reality about Dennis is that he should be a lot better than what he is.  He is a defensive liability mostly due to his lack of effort on that end.  He's also a very inefficient, high usage player, and those types do not have much value outside of fans looking at their counting stats and thinking that it means they are very good.  The same thing goes for fans who think Andrew Wiggins is good.  

Wiggins is awful. lol. I never liked him before the draft. BUT,  that doesnt mean the top 3/4 guys this year, wont be studs at the next level....

Edited by buckyboy2

8 minutes ago, AHF said:

Draft has yet to happen.  Don't recall seeing many mocks with Anthony Bennett at the top in 2013 but all it took was one team to screw the pooch and reach for him.  Someone going much higher than expected could happen this year.

The issue with that draft was there wasn't a clear cut top pick or even group. I think there is a pretty firm top 5-7 prospects depending on the person.

22 minutes ago, davis171 said:

I don’t think he was saying that. Just that he’d move back into the lottery to try and get Sexton after our original pick.