• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Dennis--Am I missing something here??

Wurider05

1 hour ago, Diesel said:

Not impressed.   Assistants doesn't mean that he's not selfish.  Who and how does he develop others?  We have seen him make big men invisible.  Whether it was Dwight or Collins or Sap.   This guy is mefirst most of the time.   Moreover, a new coach is going to call him on it and he's going to pout.  A new coach with no spine will let him continue to have his way.   a new coach who has a spine will make him the bench player that he is. 

Thats Bud's scheme that prefers perimeter play and passing bigs both of which are things that Dwight can't do resulting in him being obsolete. i wonder how his new team is doing since they gave him a bigger role then we did? Oh right, not in the playoffs on a team full of toxic contacts in the middle of the pack like the pistons or clippers . As for Collins a lot of his points came from assists from Dennis depite them not be on the floor together alot before the asg. Not forcing the ball down low to bigs is a system thing, did you see any other gaurd on this roster dying to get the ball in the paint this season? Because i didnt. So it must of been a coaching thing, not because of one player. As of last season Dennis was the best offensive player so naturally the team would rely on him. Best player = most shots or would you have been happier if someone like  baze got the most shots instead?

Edited by AtlKauzie

4 minutes ago, AtlKauzie said:

Thats Bud's scheme that prefers perimeter play and passing bigs both of which are things that Dwight can't do resulting in him being obsolete. i wonder how his new team is doing since they gave him a bigger role then we did? Oh right, not in the playoffs on a team full of toxic contacts in the middle of the pack like the pistons or clippers . As for Collins a lot of his points came from assists from Dennis depite them not be on the floor together alot before the asg. Not forcing the ball down low to bigs is a system thing, did you see any other gaurd on this roster dying to get the ball in the paint this season? Because i didnt. So it must of been a coaching thing, not because of one player. As of last season Dennis was the best offensive player so naturally the team would rely on him. Best player = most shots or would you have been happier if someone like got the most shots instead?

You don’t have to take 20 shots to be the best player though. Go back and watch a couple of Dennis drives to the basket a lot of them resulted in a wild shot or him forcing a shot or getting blocked when he could have dumped the ball off to the roll man or to a shooter. His defense is inexcusable, your best player should lead the way as it helps set an example with his teammates.  That’s why the great ones are great cause they do it on both ends. I’m fine with Dennis but more than likely like what was said he is what he is and will prolly get moved to cash in on his value. 

• Premium Member
29 minutes ago, Royjr9 said:

You don’t have to take 20 shots to be the best player though. Go back and watch a couple of Dennis drives to the basket a lot of them resulted in a wild shot or him forcing a shot or getting blocked when he could have dumped the ball off to the roll man or to a shooter. His defense is inexcusable, your best player should lead the way as it helps set an example with his teammates.  That’s why the great ones are great cause they do it on both ends. I’m fine with Dennis but more than likely like what was said he is what he is and will prolly get moved to cash in on his value. 

All Dennis needs is a little coaching and he'll be fine!

35 minutes ago, Royjr9 said:

I’m fine with Dennis but more than likely like what was said he is what he is and will prolly get moved to cash in on his value. 

The only way i can be happy with Dennis being moved is for a frp or a young pg that could be just as good or better than him in a short amount of time. On a few media platforms there have been a couple of hawks fans that believe a second rounder is a good enough return. Thats giving up 20 ppg for a draft n stash player that may never touch an nba floor. I agree that Dennis should not be the number 1 but that doesn't mean he has to be, people make seem like if he stays the team will build around him rather than with him. My most favorable outcome for this is to draft a pg with one of the non lottery picks we have to be his backup and once Dennis's contracts starts to expire make the choice whether to keep him or trade him and make the backup the starter like how Dennis took over Teauge before him.

Edited by AtlKauzie

22 minutes ago, AtlKauzie said:

The only way i can be happy with Dennis being moved is for a frp or a young pg that could be just as good or better than him in a short amount of time. On a few media platforms there have been a couple of hawks fans that believe a second rounder is a good enough return. Thats giving up 20 ppg for a draft n stash player that may never touch an nba floor. I agree that Dennis should not be the number 1 but that doesn't mean he has to be, people make seem like if he stays the team will build around him rather than with him. My most favorable outcome for this is to draft a pg with one of the non lottery picks we have to be his backup and once Dennis's contracts starts to expire make the choice whether to keep him or trade him and make the backup the starter like how Dennis took over Teauge before him.

my thoughts too melton is a fav of mine and having denis around allows him time to develop after a year off. and an offer for dennis would have to a least be a first 10-20 type pick or its a non starter.

• Premium Member
27 minutes ago, AtlKauzie said:

That's crazy talk - a 2nd rounder???

I'm ok with moving Dennis for the right price, but if it's just to move him for garbage it makes no sense. He's a flawed player but he's still young enough to improve his defense, decision making and 3pt shot. He needs to balance his affinity for scoring easily off a drive with running the team effectively.

This fuster cluck season did him no favours.

Can he? Remains to be seen.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Don't worry Jaybird, It will all be over soon.  We'll get a top 3 pick in the draft.  Pick up one of the top 3 prospects along with 3 other picks, get a young coach like Brad Steven and this season will be a distant memory!

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

That's crazy talk - a 2nd rounder???

I'm ok with moving Dennis for the right price, but if it's just to move him for garbage it makes no sense. He's a flawed player but he's still young enough to improve his defense, decision making and 3pt shot. He needs to balance his affinity for scoring easily off a drive with running the team effectively.

100% agree, a lot of people undervalue him and what he brings. he dropped 41 on the leauges number 1 defense in the jazz with one of the best rim protectors in the nba on the road. A feat that hasn't happened by a hawk in the regular season since Joe Johnson. He's far from perfect but he should get the respect he deserves.

Edited by AtlKauzie
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
19 minutes ago, PSSSHHHRRR87 said:

He just isn't a PG that championship teams are built around... too much street ball in his game.

We don't have to worry about a championship falling into our lap anytime soon so I think Dennis is fine for now.

• Like 1

Dennis is like that last remaining remnant of the Bud/Ferry era. He's surely to be gone sooner or later. It's just the wrong time to trade him with an all time low value.

There's still some potential to fill out and get stronger with his frame if he dedicates his summer to it. In the same breath, some people are still waiting on Jamal Crawford to fill out...

Edited by Kimsey

I thought Dennis played some pretty good defense his first year +.

I think once he became a starter, he couldn't maintain the energy level to get at it on both ends of the court, and the coaches wanted him to shoulder more of the offensive weight.

He needs more training to improve his endurance and efficiency to increase his all around impact on the game. He can do it all, just not all at one time (currently).