• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Search is over; Pierce is the man!

Buzzard

1 minute ago, mcleitsy said:

And its official. What's the deal with this guy other than a few years in Philly? I feel like I know less about him than all the other candidates...

He had stints at Cleveland, Golden State, Memphis and Philly. Plus was an assistant with his former college and they recently wanted him as their head coach.

I am good with this. He is into player development and appears for all intents and purposes to be a leader.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I'm neither overjoyed or sad. I'm just happy it's not a retread .

Welcome Coach LP!!!

So....we've had:
BudCox and Schlenkenholzer, what's Schlenk and Pierce?
Schliercey? Schlloyd?

I am glad he is new blood also. We will know a lot more by the end of next season; but I think he will give our young players a lot of burn and a chance to develop.

May have to go with Schlenkloyd like Schizoid :)

Edited by Buzzard

4 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I can't wait. Sometimes the best piece in a rebuilding situation is the coach who wants to be there and battle

Some deal with the foolish mistakes and teach from it. Others are not as good at developing. I don't think a vet like Van Gundy would be a good fit. He had his time with D12 and he is probably over having to teach 18, 19, and 20 year old kids how to play in the NBA.

Edited by Buzzard
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

I’m excited about this. I’m looking forward to seeing what kind of staff he puts together. I wonder if any of the current staff has interest in staying?

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Most of the current staff has been at the practice facility working out the draft picks.

Yeah I saw that, I just don’t know how to take it. It either means they hope to stay, they are just doing their job, or they thought Ham might get the job and they would be retained. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, cam1218 said:

Yeah I saw that, I just don’t know how to take it. It either means they hope to stay, they are just doing their job, or they thought Ham might get the job and they would be retained. 

IIRC they are still under contract.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

He had stints at Cleveland, Golden State, Memphis and Philly. Plus was an assistant with his former college and they recently wanted him as their head coach.

I am good with this. He is into player development and appears for all intents and purposes to be a leader.

Cool. I looked up a few segments he did while a 76ers assistant. He seems well spoken and looks the part of a leader. Can't way to see how we scheme. I wonder what he's going to do for assistants....I hope Ham gets the chance to stick around. 

• Like 2