• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawksquawk is back up, Welcome to the Bagley Zone

NBASupes

Just now, kg01 said:

Man ... what the heck does this mean?  He smiled 'cause a hotchik passed by?  He smiled 'cause you had spinach in your teeth?  Was it just gas?

What are you trying to say, mayne?

Lol that’s what I said ...I need someone to make me smile...

kg u got about 11 minutes?....

2 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

#1-Love does not kick people laying on the ground for one.

#2-Love does not go around bitching and asking for a trade via the media.

#3-Love's eFG was .552, which is the highest of his ten year career.

#3-Love is a five time all-star who still averaged 17.6, 9.3, while shooting .415 from the three point line.

Dennis has potential but potential does not get you 24 million a year in most cases.

Love is also a giant wuss who disappears when needed most. He’s always out due to a concussion. He needs to man up fast.

Just now, Spud2nique said:

Love is also a giant wuss who disappears when needed most. He’s always out due to a concussion. He needs to man up fast.

A thin skull cannot be fixed unless they allow him to wear a helmet. His injuries are what will hold his trade value down for sure. Houston would be the perfect contender for him to go to. They could rest his fragile old ass and still win games all season long.

Come the playoffs, a sure fire three point shooter is what Houston needs. Gawd they were horrible from three against the Warriors.

6 minutes ago, Jungle Jack said:

Love would be a tremendous upgrade.  Moreover, as opposed to most trades being bandied about, this sort of trade would not be solely about taking a crap contract solely for future picks.  Just don't know if it makes sense considering where we sit in the tank.

A healthy Love would end out tank for sure. He would be like getting Millsap back but on a cheaper contract. Millsap barely got us a 5th seed. I don't think we would be that high, but 7 or 8 would be realistic.

1 hour ago, Vol4ever said:

Well we are going to see what Schlenk is made of this draft for sure.  Im still not sold on our owner and front office.  I spoke with a former employee over the holiday weekend and they just smiled. 

My guy say the same. He said the divide in the front office is skin deep. The owners will likely be the ones calling the shots and they like Bagley. GM Doncic. Some exec's Bagley or JJJ and our scouts like Bamba and Young. It's all over the place. The only player everyone loves is Ayton. They all agree on him. Doncic might as well be a divisive word but like my guy from Secaucus said Doncic wants to avoid Atlanta. From that interview on 92.9, I can tell Senlenk wants him. My question is this. Is Senlenk willing to cut short the rebuilding process to land Doncic? Because if we land Doncic, we are going to try to trade for a vet center and try to make the playoffs. Is that really what we want to do. 

That's the problem. Doncic wants to play for a decent team. Atlanta can do that but damn. Idk. Atlanta best bet is to hope that Doncic goes #2 and take Bagley and continue to rebuild. You need too much right now 

5 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

My guy say the same. He said the divide in the front office is skin deep. The owners will likely be the ones calling the shots and they like Bagley. GM Doncic. Some exec's Bagley or JJJ and our scouts like Bamba and Young. It's all over the place. The only player everyone loves is Ayton. They all agree on him. Doncic might as well be a divisive word but like my guy from Secaucus said Doncic wants to avoid Atlanta. From that interview on 92.9, I can tell Senlenk wants him. My question is this. Is Senlenk willing to cut short the rebuilding process to land Doncic? Because if we land Doncic, we are going to try to trade for a vet center and try to make the playoffs. Is that really what we want to do. 

That's the problem. Doncic wants to play for a decent team. Atlanta can do that but damn. Idk. Atlanta best bet is to hope that Doncic goes #2 and take Bagley and continue to rebuild. You need too much right now 

How do you guys make ur men smile effortlessly?-all the ladies...

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

That makes a great deal of sense.  Especially about Doncic as everything I have come across in depth underscores just how much control he has over destination.  Atlanta really could be a utter blank slate both with cap room and blessedly few bad contracts.  In addition, while I shudder to utter an optimistic delusion about an ATL franchise, you gotta hope one of these days there will be that transcendent talent that takes them to the finals and more.

Still worried about targeting Young in the top 10.  Anytime after and provided not too absurd a price I would be pretty happy to have him just out of the lottery.  Still prefer Sexson.

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, Vol4ever said:

Well we are going to see what Schlenk is made of this draft for sure.  Im still not sold on our owner and front office.  I spoke with a former employee over the holiday weekend and they just smiled. 

What did you say that made them smile? Specifics please.

7 minutes ago, Jungle Jack said:

That makes a great deal of sense.  Especially about Doncic as everything I have come across in depth underscores just how much control he has over destination.  Atlanta really could be a utter blank slate both with cap room and blessedly few bad contracts.  In addition, while I shudder to utter an optimistic delusion about an ATL franchise, you gotta hope one of these days there will be that transcendent talent that takes them to the finals and more.

Still worried about targeting Young in the top 10.  Anytime after and provided not too absurd a price I would be pretty happy to have him just out of the lottery.  Still prefer Sexson.

If you can call any lottery pick a sleeper, it is the two point guards Young and Sexton. If they can score as well in the NBA as they did in college, there is going to be a lot of GMs and Presidents looked on poorly as the season goes along. 

They have no excuses. It is their job to know who will be the best player and what others say in mock drafts should have no bearing on that knowledge.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Vol4ever said:

Good smile as in “just watch”? Bad smile as in “we’re screwed”? Satisfied smile as in “I just crop-dusted the hell outta you”?

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

Owner making a pick? Lawt help us. Sigh.

So owner and GM not on same page regarding to rebuild or not? Why hire him then? 

Cut short the rebuild? Now all we have is a weak ass foundation...wth. You either do the rebuild or not....don't half ass it.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, NBASupes said:

I am not buying the playoffs no matter who we draft unless Dennis gets his shit together; or we trade/draft a PG as well. Doncic is not a PG. At best he is a big SG or average size SF.

We still need a PG to produce even with Doncic.

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Jungle Jack said:

Owners almost universally make the pick it is just GM's often take the heat and or praise.  With the number of fellow cellar dwellers, I am thinking or foolishly hoping this is a 2 year deal.

No they don't.

Pat Riley, Danny Ainge, Bob Myers,  RC Buford those guys make the picks.

When owners interfere with picks ala Vivek Ranadive that creates a fuster cluck. Owners don't watch enough tape and scout players to be picking these guys.

We need to stay in the lottery for ‘19, hope the Cavs pick falls somewhere between 11-14, snag those 2 lottery picks, then use cap space and trade/sign a difference maker and return to playoffs in year 3 (‘20).

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

No they don't.

When owners interfere with picks ala Vivek Ranadive that creates a fuster cluck. Owners don't watch enough tape and scout players to be picking these guys.

No they shouldn't. A owner knows squat about player evaluation and the good ones hire people way smarter than themselves to make these decisions. I think we have a good owner in Ressler and Schlenk will be making this decision just like he did last year with Collins.

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

No they don't.

I would hope so.  That said, especially with a 3 pick and when taking about a billionaire, while I love the ideal of the GM having that level of autonomy, I still think most owners would interject.  Likewise, I purposely meant to get across that not all owners are so involved, but still reckon most are more in the mix than reported.

Regarding this owner vs GM thing...

Some floating rumors that Vlade wants Doncic and Vivek wants Bagley? True or BS..

Either way..Doncic won’t last to 3rd. No way. Too much hype. He will go 1 or 2 imo

Watching 1st take right now and they are talking about CP3 saying Bron should come to Houston. I think if he leaves that is what will happen. Not LA or NY for a rebuilding team. Houston needs some help to do this. Capela is likely to get a near max to max offer. Ryan Anderson will be on the books still for 20.4 and Eric Gordon is due 13.5. Ariza is a UFA.

It will be interesting to see if Cleveland is willing to help Bron leave them again. Their only other recourse might be to let someone else help Houston. Phoenix is said to be a early Capela suitor already. If Bron leaves and the Cavs do not get anyone in return, we will probably not get their pick next year.