If Porter's injury causes him to freefall through the draft . . .

TheNorthCydeRises

1 hour ago, AHF said:

It isn't that I think he is no good.  It is that I have a similar level of questions that need to be answered about him as I do with healthy people.  I can see a path to him becoming a star but I can also see a path for Doncic, Bagley, Bamba, JJJ, Young, etc.  All of them have varying levels of questions.  Porter is the only one with medical issues so unless I think he is that much better a prospect than the others then I have a hard time leaning towards  him.  One of the reasons I can't say he looks that much better as a prospect is because we didn't get to see him play against quality opposition.  (I don't hold his college games against him at all - he was rusty and recovering.)

Scrimmage at the Team USA vs the world... but he and Sexton put on a show when playing all those top prospects. I'm not looking at the other players. I'm looking at the skill level this dude displayed. That isn't going any where. That's Super Star skills at 18 yrs old. 

What skill level?  Porter has below average handles for a perimeter oriented player.  He rarely beats his man off the dribble to get to the basket.  He's a complete black hole on offense as well, and he can't defend a chair.  His EYBL and FIBA stats show a 32% three point percentage, which is quite low for a player who is supposedly this great shooter.

He's Andrew Wiggins.  A teasing vertical athlete with limited overall skill set who lulls fans into thinking he is a superstar because he flashes and showboats in AAU competition.

• Moderators

The Nike Hoops Summit game shows Porter shooting 45% from the floor and 25% from 3pt range.  Is that supposed the be the demonstration of elite shooting?  His FIBA numbers aren't great either.

Again, I'd love a larger sample size against meaningful competition for him.

2 hours ago, Brotha2ThaNite said:

Scrimmage at the Team USA vs the world... but he and Sexton put on a show when playing all those top prospects. I'm not looking at the other players. I'm looking at the skill level this dude displayed. That isn't going any where. That's Super Star skills at 18 yrs old. 

He hasn't shown the ability to pass or handle. Reminds me of Harrison Barnas. IF his shot is legit then I could get behind drafting him, but even that I question 

1 minute ago, TheFuzz said:

He hasn't shown the ability to pass or handle. Reminds me of Harrison Barnas. IF his shot is legit then I could get behind drafting him, but even that I question 

But not at #3, lol I've got at least 6 or 7 players ahead of him 

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, TheFuzz said:

Harrison Barnes is the kind of comparison I fear.  I want no part of Harrison Barnes at #3.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AHF said:

Harrison Barnes is the kind of comparison I fear.  I want no part of Harrison Barnes at #3.

Yep. And I actually liked Barnes's shot more, Porter brings the ball down when he shoots. Porter does have a little more nasty in his game which I like

5_7wQgNL_bigger.jpg

Michael Porter Jr is the best player in the draft!!! No question about it... Pass on him if you want too

Isaiah Thomas tweeted  this yesterday. Someone got my back!:biggrin:

what did this guy do to go from being the best player to come out in high school to not being believed to be a top 3??? Have back surgery that isn’t  career threatening??? Smh 

9 minutes ago, Brotha2ThaNite said:

Isaiah Thomas tweeted  this yesterday. Someone got my back!:biggrin:

what did this guy do to go from being the best player to come out in high school to not being believed to be a top 3??? Have back surgery that isn’t  career threatening??? Smh 

He was never the best player in high school.  Like Bagley, he was all hype.

1 minute ago, Spud2nique said:

Wait ur a MPJ fan? I was down with him till this injury no injury bs lol

People hear back and get scared but read up on what some doctors are saying, it’s not career threatening. NBA teams aren’t worried. Especially the Bulls, whos doctor did MPJ medical work. 

11 minutes ago, Brotha2ThaNite said:

People hear back and get scared but read up on what some doctors are saying, it’s not career threatening. NBA teams aren’t worried. Especially the Bulls, whos doctor did MPJ medical work. 

If all injuries were aside he’s definitely in my top 5...

Bag

Bamb

Doncic

Trae

Porter

9 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

If all injuries were aside he’s definitely in my top 5...

Bag

Bamb

Doncic

Trae

Porter

I'm glad you aren't making decisions for the Hawks.  Of course, Travis Schlenk is an idiot, so he might take one of the three players you mention there who should not be in anyone's top 5 (Bagley, Bamba, and Porter.)

1 minute ago, KB21 said:

I'm glad you aren't making decisions for the Hawks.  Of course, Travis Schlenk is an idiot, so he might take one of the three players you mention there who should not be in anyone's top 5 (Bagley, Bamba, and Porter.)

Ur glad I’m not making decisions for the Hawks and 37 other people on the board are glad you aren’t. 

Hope ur surgery recovery is going smooth though.