• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Supes v. KB, Nope! Just some JJJ v. Marvin Bagley talk

Flight

8 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

JJJ is the new Eddie Griffin..same game..Eddie Griffin was 7 points 5.8 rebounds 1.7 blocks. 

Yooooo! He was one my favorite fantasy draft dudes in NBA Live

• Like 1

On 6/15/2018 at 11:23 AM, KB21 said:

My eyes saw the best freshman player in the entire country when watching him and his two way ability.

Its not his fault that ESPN would rather push PPG than actual impact.   

Have u heard JJ speak about how garbage he was in Highschool and not being a guy who can score? His whole demeaner jus seems a lot like Marvin Williams 2.0 to me..He has 0 chance of being a Superstar in the NBA! If a player was never dominant on any level of basketball how can we expect him to be  dominant  in a league full of players who dominated on every level??

If the Hawks take me through this again with drafting another Marvin Williams I'm done!  Drafting JJ is my biggest nightmare! Smh..Anybody but JJ..Bagley Doncic, Bamba or even Porter Jr or Young..I could rationalize with any of them.. If we draft JJ I will be convinced the Hawks are cursed.. JJ is obviously a role player..At best he can be a 14ppg and 10reb guy.. We need to swing for the fences!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, LastDon said:

Have u heard JJ speak about how garbage he was in Highschool and not being a guy who can score? His whole demeaner jus seems a lot like Marvin Williams 2.0 to me..He has 0 chance of being a Superstar in the NBA! If a player was never dominant on any level of basketball how can we expect him to be  dominant  in a league full of players who dominated on every level??

If the Hawks take me through this again with drafting another Marvin Williams I'm done!  Drafting JJ is my biggest nightmare! Smh..Anybody but JJ..Bagley Doncic, Bamba or even Porter Jr or Young..I could rationalize with any of them.. If we draft JJ I will be convinced the Hawks are cursed.. JJ is obviously a role player..At best he can be a 14ppg and 10reb guy.. We need to swing for the fences!

He doesn't watch any games. He watches cut up clips. His own eyes is basically reading data. He tries to bring Baseball ideals to Basketball and it doesn't work like that.

So I’ve watched more tape on JJJ. Dude is a 5. Period. He sometimes moves like he’s walking on a waterbed. His unconventional shot means he will likely be no more than a spot up shooter. His lack of handling, offensive IQ, and vision are glaring weaknesses. Hes a turnover waiting to happen. He’s not a guy who looks like he’s capable of developing a real face up game. He has good touch, size, length that could translate into a really good post game. Again, JJJ is a guy who can hit the wide open shot and get some good garbage buckets off rebounds and drive and dishes. Offensively, you are looking at a guy who will max out as a non-factor offensively UNLESS he builds upon his low post game. If he continues to work where his strength lies (post up/spot up), he could be a 3rd option quality offensive player on a contending team.

Defensively, this is where he shines. Even though he doesn’t have the quickest feet, he makes up for it with his elite length and positioning. He does have elite instincts and timing as a shot blocker. He will likely struggle against craftier players and will have to learn how to control his aggression defensively. He gets touchy feely at times defensively and the better NBA talent will take advantage of that. He hasn’t translated his elite length into rebounding ability and you have to wonder why it didn’t translate in college. Rebounding is an important part of playing good defense and while he’s not a liability in that department, he’s shown to only be average. He’s got to get stronger. For his size, it looked too easy to knock him off balance and move him around. This is something that should improve with age. 

His maturity and motor have been called into question. 

Overall, I said his ceiling was Serge Ibaka. In reality, he’s not the athlete Ibaka was. His ceiling is more like Myles Turner.

I still think he’s about the 5th best prospect in this draft.

22 minutes ago, EazyRoc said:

So I’ve watched more tape on JJJ. Dude is a 5. Period. He sometimes moves like he’s walking on a waterbed. His unconventional shot means he will likely be no more than a spot up shooter. His lack of handling, offensive IQ, and vision are glaring weaknesses. Hes a turnover waiting to happen. He’s not a guy who looks like he’s capable of developing a real face up game. He has good touch, size, length that could translate into a really good post game. Again, JJJ is a guy who can hit the wide open shot and get some good garbage buckets off rebounds and drive and dishes. Offensively, you are looking at a guy who will max out as a non-factor offensively UNLESS he builds upon his low post game. If he continues to work where his strength lies (post up/spot up), he could be a 3rd option quality offensive player on a contending team.

Defensively, this is where he shines. Even though he doesn’t have the quickest feet, he makes up for it with his elite length and positioning. He does have elite instincts and timing as a shot blocker. He will likely struggle against craftier players and will have to learn how to control his aggression defensively. He gets touchy feely at times defensively and the better NBA talent will take advantage of that. He hasn’t translated his elite length into rebounding ability and you have to wonder why it didn’t translate in college. Rebounding is an important part of playing good defense and while he’s not a liability in that department, he’s shown to only be average. He’s got to get stronger. For his size, it looked too easy to knock him off balance and move him around. This is something that should improve with age. 

His maturity and motor have been called into question. 

Overall, I said his ceiling was Serge Ibaka. In reality, he’s not the athlete Ibaka was. His ceiling is more like Myles Turner.

I still think he’s about the 5th best prospect in this draft.

LOL.  More made up excrement.  

Just now, KB21 said:

LOL.  More made up excrement.  

Agree to disagree. You’ve been wrong more times than I can count. It’s absolutely pointless to engage you further. I’m sure when the time comes for you to eat crow, you’ll find a way to flake and deflect.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, EazyRoc said:

Agree to disagree. You’ve been wrong more times than I can count. It’s absolutely pointless to engage you further. I’m sure when the time comes for you to eat crow, you’ll find a way to flake and deflect.

You are correct in that it is pointless to challenge me.  Particularly when you make up a bunch of crap to try and say I’m wrong about something.  

Just now, KB21 said:

You are correct in that it is pointless to challenge me.  Particularly when you make up a bunch of crap to try and say I’m wrong about something.  

Nope. Ive personally proven you wrong several times on more than one subject. You have nothing to argue with. You never do. Therefore, it’s pointless. I’m going to join the growing list of Squawkers who are wise (much wiser than myself) enough to avoid wasting their time with you all together.

2 hours ago, EazyRoc said:

Nope. Ive personally proven you wrong several times on more than one subject. You have nothing to argue with. You never do. Therefore, it’s pointless. I’m going to join the growing list of Squawkers who are wise (much wiser than myself) enough to avoid wasting their time with you all together.

You have proven me wrong about absolutely nothing.  

1 hour ago, KB21 said:

Who the hell are these guys and what make their opinion more valid than ours? The biggest impact you can have on a game is scoring! If Marvin Bagley averages 20 and 10 for the next 10 years that far out weighs the 3 blocks we would get from JJ..

I'm shocked that a vet like yourself KB is so sold on JJ..smh..if anything we both should be eager for the Hawks to nab Malik Newman in the second round considering our ties to MS..and don't give me that bulldog crap Ben Howland didn't use him right!

8 minutes ago, LastDon said:

Who the hell are these guys and what make their opinion more valid than ours? The biggest impact you can have on a game is scoring! If Marvin Bagley averages 20 and 10 for the next 10 years that far out weighs the 3 blocks we would get from JJ..

I'm shocked that a vet like yourself KB is so sold on JJ..smh..if anything we both should be eager for the Hawks to nab Malik Newman in the second round considering our ties to MS..and don't give me that bulldog crap Ben Howland didn't use him right!

Their opinions are not shaped by ESPN highlights.  That may sound harsh, but it is the truth.  I'm not a Newman fan.  

On 6/16/2018 at 8:42 AM, thecampster said:

After much thought and pondering and unfortunately dreaming about this post (you know your life needs an enema when you start dreaming of your next post on Hawksquawk), I have decided this thread really isn't viable.  Not because of the value of the players, but because of the nature of the NBA.  The number 1 focus of an organization is selling tickets. It is not winning a championship, diversity or lowering the price of beer.

The number one concern of basketball organizations is selling tickets and nothing sells tickets like a sexy draft pick. I've tried to get on board with the "defense wins championships" or "best player available" but I don't think any of that matters. Sexy sells and to the average NBA fan, a sexy draft pic is one that scores the hell out of the basketball.  Fans forgive poor defense, but they can't forgive bad offense (see Josh Smith).  I think given a choice between Bagley III and JJJ, there is no way the Hawks pass on Bagley. The pick is just too sexy. I'm not saying its right, but its marketable.  I think this thread/argument is moot.

All of these wasted posts, so many megabytes wasted over 2 players that were never gonna be here. So many minutes wasted reading the back and forth messages... Hours I'll never get back in my life.